Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have close up pictures of the jacket Marie wore to open Danish cultural days at Moscow's National Library or know who the designer is? I love the style!

Gosh, this was a true fashon faux pas.
The whole outfit didn't match... the fury headpiece (too girlish indeed), and the grey/blue blouse/suit combination... It just didn't match at all... the outfit looked like Marie get dressed in the dark.

Apart from that: I think headpieces will look good on her. She has the right face-structure to wear them. Hopefully she'll chose a nicer one the next time.

A nice outfit:

Marie with a nice fury jacket and white skirt

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/11/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/Marie%20Joachim%20Rusland%20love/MarieJoachimFunGal01.ashx
Without the jacket
http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2008/11/~/media/BilledBladet/Gallerier/Billeder/Kongelige/Marie%20Joachim%20Rusland%20love/MarieJoachimFunGal05.ashx

Quite a lovely outfit. :)

Last edited:
I have to agree with Duke of Marmalade and Her_Majesty that the fury headpiece did not quite match the outfit. So far, I like Princess Marie's outfits during the Russian visit.

So far I love most of Maries materniy choices. Pregnancy seems to be elevating her style very much.

I loved the black fur hat and coat. Her outfits have all been beautiful, except for the white pleated skirt. It makes her hips look huge (which they are not). A straighter skirt would have looked nicer. Otherwise, her Russian outfits have been spot-on.

"Beautiful and spot-on"?? Me thinks you may have missed the Jacket, blouse, slacks, and that 'thingy' on her head outfit! :( Nothing was coordinated at all with that one, imho. She was doing well until she came out with that outfit! I do agree with you about the white pleated skirt, however. A straighter skirt would have been much better with the cute black jacket. :)

I really don't think that the jacket, blouse, and slacks are that bad. The fascinator (that's what those types of headbands are called-I think) is very ugly. But, for the most part, she has dressed quite nicely for this trip, IMO.

As I said, sgl, I agree but she lost me with that one awful outfit. Nothing matched, nothing was coordinated, it just appeared to be thrown together willy-nilly. And then to add insult to injury, she threw on that furry headband/ fascinator for no apparent reason. She looked stunning in the beige fur-trimmed jacket dress, and the casual outfit she wore (the grey turtleneck and black slacks). Also the black and white outfit , although we agreed to agree on the skirt. :) I guess we agree to agree!!

As I said, sgl, I agree but she lost me with that one awful outfit. Nothing matched, nothing was coordinated, it just appeared to be thrown together willy-nilly. And then to add insult to injury, she threw on that furry headband/ fascinator for no apparent reason. She looked stunning in the beige fur-trimmed jacket dress, and the casual outfit she wore (the grey turtleneck and black slacks). Also the black and white outfit , although we agreed to agree on the skirt. :) I guess we agree to agree!!
I think the headpiece could look nice when worn with the off-white dress-jacket-combination worn on her first day in Russia

How is it that one day I think "She looks great" and the very next day my reaction will be the exact opposite???!!
She varies sooo much!

A very good question, marmi. She varies too much imo!! Unfortunately, she seems to usually err on the wrong side.

I like Marie a lot but these photos are so confusing!
An open shirt with some sort of fur half hat....why???
The arrival coat too wide with wide pants, blue sweater and mismatched shoes with the different colour handbag???
Why did Marie feel the need to advertise the Dior handbags on an official visit?? Overall I have to give a 5 on a 10 scale and this is because of the two photos with Joaquim the fur coat and the black and white ensemble.:ohmy:

A very good question, marmi. She varies too much imo!! Unfortunately, she seems to usually err on the wrong side.

I really agree with both you and Marmi.

Marie needs to overhaul her whole wardrobe. This "hit or miss" approach is becoming real old real fast.
Some of her clothing look like holdovers from her university days and from working low-level office jobs.
For casual wear, she does just fine. But then, she tries to work those casual pieces into her outfits for her official duties and she fails miserably.
For official events, she is so off base. She owes it to her hosts to make an effort to dress appropriately.
Ban the turtlenecks, oxford cloth shirts, bulky pleated skirts. She needs some sleek tailoring and expert advice because she doesn't seem to have a clue. She doesn't need to spend a fortune to dress more appropriately. There is something almost childish in her personality which creeps into her clothing choices. She is not a student anymore - she needs to mature in her fashion choices.

Well said, pamk, and sooo true!! I really think that she doesn't have a clue about fashion or what to do. Even with everything at her disposal it won't help her as long as she is stuck in her old ways. 'You can lead a horse....but can't make him drink' comes to mind. She truly has No sense of style and , imho, never has. Hopefully, that will change....

Princess Marie attended a ballet choreographed by Queen Margarethe on 14 December:

http://i37.tinypic.com/14v3czr.jpg

I really like this outfit. The dress is cute and the boots are really nice. No sign of a belly, though.

photo courtesy of Iceflower in the Danish Royal Family events thread

Agreed. Nice and simple. No one can go wrong with this kind of outfit and she looks so happy!

Princess Marie attended a ballet choreographed by Queen Margarethe on 14 December:

http://i37.tinypic.com/14v3czr.jpg

I really like this outfit. The dress is cute and the boots are really nice.

photo courtesy of Iceflower in the Danish Royal Family events thread

You're right, this is a nice outfit sgl, one of her better ones I think. :)

Definately, marmi! She Does look cute and with a big smile to match!

She is such a beautiful woman :D
Very nice outfit, lovely bag and fantastic smile :D

Christmas Service 24 Dec 2008
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/08v/19892.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/08v/19893.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/08v/19898.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/08v/19899.jpg
(Danish Royal Watchers)
Good use of those wide coast to conceal the early signs of the bump - im sure we will see the use of this coat in thew future months as it will be good to help to cover the pregnancy as it continues
Purple is a great colour on Marie (and also on Mary!)

I really loved that coat. It, of course, hides her belly, but it also accentuates it because of the size. She probably looks much larger here than she really is because of the billowing-style coat. I actually love this style. It's classy, but modern.

I really loved that coat. It, of course, hides her belly, but it also accentuates it because of the size. She probably looks much larger here than she really is because of the billowing-style coat. I actually love this style. It's classy, but modern.

Much better than the current "celebrity" trend to let it hang out all over the place! :eek: Marie looks very smart & its great to see she is obviously on very good terms with her stepsons. :angel:

I like both of the coats that she wore during Christmas. Purple is definitely one of her best colors. I liked the cut of the second coat better than the first, but both looks were lovely.

I liked the purple coat as it showed her pregnancy! I can't say the same about the second, however. Is she wearing JEANS!! :ohmy: It certainly looks like it.....
I know. She can't possibly be wearing jeans, but it sure does look like it! :rolleyes:

I liked the purple coat as it showed her pregnancy! I can't say the same about the second, however. Is she wearing JEANS!! :ohmy: It certainly looks like it.....
I know. She can't possibly be wearing jeans, but it sure does look like it! :rolleyes:

The color of the trousers is similar to the color of most jeans, but if you look at the way the fabric falls at the ankle and top of the foot, you can see that they are most likely trousers. I would be horrified to see someone, especially a princess, wearing jeans to a Christmas service.

I would be horrified to see someone, especially a princess, wearing jeans to a Christmas service.

For me that would depend on the situation. If it was a private family service in a country church then jeans would be acceptable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom