The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-10-2009, 09:21 PM
Courtier

Perhaps Marie's height has led her to buy more casual, less "womanly" styles. She seems to be very petite, so it is easier to find small things that are very young looking. However, for a princess, the style has to be more upscale and made of better quality fabrics. This is something that she will come to understand more fully.

Her mother has a lot of style and sense of fashion. Surely she will help guide Marie to evolve from her past wardrobe to one that is more befitting a princess of the realm.

This has nothing to do with Mary's style, her colors, or anything about Mary.

This is about Marie's choices thus far. Her smile is a winner, her clothing choices need to be winners as well. She has become a woman of privilege in her new country, and the expectations that go with that privilege are there.

Old 04-10-2009, 11:34 PM
Nobility

I think Marie looks good for a woman about to have a baby. I don't think she dresses badly at all. It's not like she is going to events in jeans and a t-shirt. Her style is evolving well thus far. I can't wait to see what her outfits will look like after the baby is born and after she looses the baby weight (which doesn't look like much).

Old 04-11-2009, 08:12 AM
Gentry

i don't agree at all, her mother is elegant ok, but she dresses like an old lady, Marie is too young to dress like her mother, sorry
Old 04-11-2009, 08:59 AM
Courtier

Maybe no jeans and t-shirt, but very casual and unpolished, with hair in a schoolgirl style. That is what gives one the impression that she wears what is easiest fo find in her size.

The tin man suit, the pregnant trench coat, dress with sequined epaulets, see through blouses, fur trimmed vest are choices that didn't quite make the princess level.

Another commoner who married into a royal family and has carried off the style of her new position is Maria Teresa of Luxembourg. She always looks polished, though sometimes wears clothing that would look a little better on a slimmer person. Marie can step it up a bit, as she has the figure to make a stunning princess.

Her formal attire has been much better, such as her wedding gown and the blue dress for the new year's event, but the two purple dresses fell a bit short of the mark.
Old 04-11-2009, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

I just got the Point deVue which has Marie in a purple dress and shawl to match, for the Christiansborg reception of 17th of March.
Seems like her love of purple has rubbed off the other royal ladies. They all looked smashing!
Old 04-16-2009, 12:19 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Marie looked beautiful in a purple dress and black jacket during Queen Margrethe's birthday celebration, 16 April 2009:

Royal Press Europe - Royal Photoagency - © Albert Nieboer & Albert Philip van der Werf

(scroll through gallery to see Marie)

This color looks really pretty on her, and I like the detail at the top of the dress.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:21 PM
Heir Apparent

I like Marie's dress & coat. They look lovely together.
Old 04-16-2009, 12:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love her style. Do you think it was the last time that Marie appeared before she is giving birth?
I had a dream: Let's connect our thoughts together, than we have a mission, let's connect our feelings together, than we have a mood, let's connect our dreams together, than we have a vision and let's connect our mission, our mood and our vision together than we have a perfect life.
Old 04-16-2009, 02:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
is this the picture you are referring to - it is indeed very sweet
In general, I must say that the colour is interesting by itself, but Princess Marie needs absolutely another colour, for example pink or yellow.
Old 04-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think that last time I looked at the calendar (Thanks JessRulz) it was the last thing listed, but that may have changed, so you should check it out yourself to be sure .
Old 04-17-2009, 05:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

She looked gorgeous yesterday
I love the dress-coat combination, especially the dress´colour suits her. And her hairdo was very beautiful as well. She was really lovely, IMO.

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 04-17-2009, 06:06 AM
Royal Highness

Although Marie wasn't very big, she seems about to pop! What I mean, from experience being in my 4th pregnancy, when you come to that stage, you have had ENOUGH!
Old 04-17-2009, 09:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

Marie looked nice. I like both the dress and the coat (nice colours!), but IMO they looked too short.
Jamd
Jamd
Old 04-17-2009, 12:36 PM
Heir Apparent

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Marie looked nice. I like both the dress and the coat (nice colours!), but IMO they looked too short.
Jamd
Jamd
Marie is beautiful in spite of her clothes as a woman's pregnancy, as a rule, changes most of her lifestyle. All-in-all, I love her choice. She looks very shining and fresh.
Old 04-17-2009, 03:44 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Jamd
Jamd
Princess Marie looked so beautiful in her purple dress with the black coat. I noticed she wore a short sleeves. It must be little cold in Denmark.
Old 04-17-2009, 06:28 PM
Courtier

Princess Marie certainly likes to wear her signature purple for festive occasions. The top of her dress looked very pretty, would have been nice to be able to see the bodice in more detail. The material looks gauzy, very light.

She looks wonderful, and has a lovely expression on her face.

The dress looks a bit short when she is waving, but that may be due to her arm being in the air. Lovely, lovely picture. Joachim looking down at her middle, as if anticipating the baby's arrival in just a week or two.
Old 04-18-2009, 10:18 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

I really liked Marie's outfir for MII's birthday.

Here are a few more pictures

SideView

Hairdo

Old 04-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Courtier

Hairdo is lovely, she's taken care to have someone do it - rather than just hang loosely.
Dress does look a bit short, perhaps she intends wearing it through the summer and it will look longer, without her tummy.

The princess look I refer to is like a Grace Kelly, for example. She was a beautiful woman who sought elegance and simplicity in her clothes. There was nothing "old" in the way she looked.

Marie could do the same, not always appearing in little flimsy looking tops or gowns that give the impression of being easy to find items off the peg.

Though she looks good in it, she wears purple so much that it gives one the urge to call it Princess Party Purple. Perhaps later we will se her in other color choices. Hope so.
Old 04-18-2009, 04:35 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't really think that her dress is that short. I think that it is most likely a combination of her belly sticking out and her arm in the air. I really like the jacket that she wore over the dress. Her hair is beautiful in this style. It is the prettiest hairstyle that I have ever seen her wear (IMO). She does wear a lot of purple. It looks very nice on her, but she should also consider wearing shades of blue and pink. She would look really pretty in those colors, and it would add a nice change to her wardrobe.
Old 04-19-2009, 08:19 AM
Courtier

Her complexion has an exotic hue to it, I'm sure that by now she knows the colors that suit her best. I would think something like the chocolate brown she favors, with some kind of sparkly accents or a dark brown lace over an interesting light colored satin beneath. I think we'll see more variety in the future.

She's had a busy first year, lots to deal with, including an ever-changing figure which probably led her to choose styles and colors that were "safest".

Tags
maternity fashion, princess marie, princess marie fashion, princess marie maternity fashion