The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 04-03-2009, 02:52 PM
Courtier

Marie looks wonderful pregnant.
I don't think she dresses badly. She has a cute style. She is not as elegant and stylish as others, but she always looks charming.

Old 04-04-2009, 08:20 AM
Courtier

There is no question that she herself has a charming way about her, a lovely smile. However, her sense of style is a bit off when attending official events. It is important for her to realize that she is in a priviliged position in terms of royal status. This carries with it a degree of decorum, good taste, and well though out wardrobe, that reflects that privilege. Clothes should not only fit well, but should be made of quality materials that does not wrinkle easily, look flimsy, and should be well finished.

Her first year has been a learning year. Surely now that she has almost been through a full cycle of official engagements, she has a better idea of what these are all about, how to dress for them, and what is expected.

It has been a full year, what with spending time learning about her new country, the new language, in addition to going through her pregnancy, which has also affected her clothing choices.

Joachim shows support and careful attention to her. This is nice to see. I'm sure it will all come together and we should not be too harsh.

Old 04-05-2009, 11:24 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

April 4, 2009 - Marie attending a concert in a lovely beige/dusty pink flowy top with black pants and black jacket.

Close Up ** Full View
Old 04-05-2009, 11:29 AM
Heir Apparent

Putting a black top underneath a beige/dusty pink flowy top looks awkward to me. As for the rest, Princess Marie looks usual.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzling View Post
April 4, 2009 - Marie attending a concert in a lovely beige/dusty pink flowy top with black pants and black jacket.

Close Up ** Full View
Is that the picture or her face features changed? Although its normal for a woman in first pregnance.
The outfit is usual - classic Marie - nothing special but nice.
Old 04-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Courtier

She probably is retaining some water and looks a little puffy in the face. Many women look a little rounder in the face when pregnant.

The outfit is signature Marie. It is not a formal event of any kind. One can picture the top without being a maternity top. Her shoes are plain, and a little heavier heel than spikes. Nice choice.

She looks fine. Is this the last event on her schedule before the birth? It's only a few weeks away now. She looks round in the middle, I'm guessing a girl.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:19 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

i love marie's look. the outfit is nicely put together and marie looks well polished what has not always been the case in the past.

sometimes i think people expect too much from her. her role in the monarchy is rather low profile, pregnant or not she is not supposed to work much. she probably doesn't feel the need or doesn't have the energy to "dress up to perfection" like mary, who is a cp and future queen. i am not even sure marie would have been keen to marry joachim in case he was cp because she is not in it for the royal fame & work, too exhausting, but to lead a priviliged family life as much out of the public eye as possible. unfortunately this attitude shows on the rare top class occasions, where marie appears to be a bit "unpolished" at times, lacking a sense of dressing / underestimating the importance of good tailoring or quality of clothes for the top occasion, and it doesn't seem to come naturally to her. therefore it is no surprise that marie doesn't even show interest in the marie / mary competition that is forced upon her by the media. i don't blame her but even though she is a low profile princess, she is still a princess and should live up to the standard a bit more from time to time.
Old 04-06-2009, 11:13 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

The pale pink top is a good look for Marie at this stage in her pregnancy

Old 04-06-2009, 12:14 PM
Courtier

This pink top has a lingerie look to it - many of her clothes have this type of look -
Old 04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
Courtier

I like what she wore: cute, romantic but still profesionnal.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:21 PM
Gentry

she looks lovely, i find her adorable, but... Joachim , the costume would be better with darker shoes !
Old 04-06-2009, 04:30 PM
Heir Apparent

I quite like this outfit. The pale pink top is very nice. It adds a bit of a springtime look to this outfit. Marie usually does casual very well. This outfit is no exception, IMO.

I also agree that her face looks a bit different. To me, it appears that her eye-makeup is a bit heavier and/or darker than we have seen in the past. Overall, I must say that Marie has looked quite lovely throughout her pregnancy (I'm not just talking about her outfits). She doesn't appear to have gained a lot of weight other than in her belly, and she really seems to glow.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:31 PM
Courtier

Her face may be a little puffy due to water retention and she is compensating by using heavier eye makeup.

Joachim's color sense is interesting. Sometimes eye opening and unexpected.

Princess Marie's role as a princess, part of the third most important royal couple in the whole of Denmark puts her in a very special place, and how she presents herself in public should embody this privileged position. If it means stepping things up, getting a personal shopper to help her, then so be it. It's part of the social status
she's acquired.
Old 04-06-2009, 09:44 PM
Administrator

I agree that this is typical Marie.

Except for special royal occassions where she dresses the Princess part...Marie in this outfit does not differ from the Marie that I was first made aware of when she went on vacation with Joachim when she became publicly known as the "new girlfriend."

Let's face it. Marie is no clotheshorse. She is one of those woman IMO who wears clothes because she has to. I hope that makes sense. She gets no particular enjoyment (or at least appears to) from shopping. She will always go for the simple tailored classic no fuss look. And there is nothing wrong with that. And her maternity style reflects that.

Old 04-07-2009, 05:26 PM
Royal Highness

It's a nice outfit, particularly like the multi-colour cross. I thought Joachim's choice of footware causes more eyebrow raising.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Marie looks comfortable, not particularly princess-like.

Joachim's color combinations are pretty dramatic sometimes. He is more daring with his color palette than his wife!

She is almost predicatable with regard to color choices - gray, black, purple, beige, taupe, white.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 PM
Courtier

Oh, yes, also brown, chocolate brown.
Old 04-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Nobility

I lik Marie's clothes. This outfit look great on her, when being only about a month, or at least a few weeks before the delivery that has been said is next month. A lot of royal ladies has given birth in April the last years, so if Marie is early, they might get an April baby too!

I love the softness of the pale pink, and I think the outfit is nice for a woman 8 months pregnant.

Her husband on the other hand, could have chosen different shoes at least!
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Courtier

Yes, indeed. Tobacco brown shoes with a gray suit is a little different and unexpected. Wonder if that was a personal choice or the valet decided that would be the best combination.

She's probably really getting to that point in the pregnancy that only a couple of outfits fit comfortably and she'd just as soon wear those right to the delivery. Can't be blamed for that.
Old 04-10-2009, 06:25 PM
Courtier

Her mother's arrival in Denmark for the birth and attendance at the concert this week show what great fashion sense she has. If only Marie would take some pointers from her mother, who looks like a classic dresser and was very elegant at the wedding, without being flashy.

Her mother has a lot of style with regard to her clothes, oh if her daughter could only learn from her.

Tags
maternity fashion, princess marie, princess marie fashion, princess marie maternity fashion