The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-26-2009, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

I really like this gown! Especially, the color is very pretty.

Old 03-26-2009, 04:12 PM
Gentry

I love this dress, it reminds me nobility's historic fashion

Old 03-29-2009, 07:31 PM
Courtier

This blue gown for the official pictures is very lovely, elegant, and has a rich color - jewel toned. It looks regal, and she carried herself very well in it.

There are some pictures with Princess Marie looking up to Prince Joachim (they are little cameo pictures of those who contribute comment or questions). I have not seen this picture in the ones posted officially, and wonder what the source might be. It is a lovely picture of the two of them.
Old 03-29-2009, 07:47 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rylt11 View Post
This blue gown for the official pictures is very lovely, elegant, and has a rich color - jewel toned. It looks regal, and she carried herself very well in it.

There are some pictures with Princess Marie looking up to Prince Joachim (they are little cameo pictures of those who contribute comment or questions). I have not seen this picture in the ones posted officially, and wonder what the source might be. It is a lovely picture of the two of them.

is this the picture you are referring to - it is indeed very sweet

Old 03-30-2009, 10:16 AM
Royal Highness

She doesn't even look pregnant in that gown.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:30 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incas View Post
She doesn't even look pregnant in that gown.
On this shot posted by PoE yes she doesn't but on the others she looks. Specially on these when she is closer.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53 View Post
I love this dress, it reminds me nobility's historic fashion
I was thinking the same!
She looks very beautiful indeed...

Proud admirer and supporter of the Princess of Asturias, Viana and Gerona (2005 - ) :)
Old 03-30-2009, 06:26 PM
Courtier

No, she doesn't look very pregnant in the gown or in the pictures, but that was in January. We are now almost in April and things change drastically at the end of a pregnancy. She looked more pregnant in the purple gown.

Wonder what she will wear to the upcoming event.
Old 04-01-2009, 01:42 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Norway & Spain
Royal Blogger

Marie at the 60th anniversary of the Danish Homeguard

http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2009/PPE09040129.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Apr2009/PPE09040124.jpg

Belga:
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13251141.jpg
http://picture.belga.be/belgapicture...v/13249390.jpg

I like the military look of the hat and the coat. She matched the uniformed family members.

Old 04-01-2009, 01:56 PM
Nobility

Oh, no! This coat reminds me of the "Tin Man" suit she wore on one of her first public outings. And just to state the obvious, she is really, really pregnant!
Old 04-01-2009, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Overall appearance is all right. However, a pillbox hat looked odd.
Old 04-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Courtier

I do not think that Marie is "unpolished" or has bad taste in clothes. I do, however, think that she has a bad tailor. The vast majority of her clothes do not fit her well.
the sleeves are either too long, the shirt to tight around her bust, her pants to wide for her petite figure or too long.
As for her evening dresses, I pretty much think she has the same problem. The dresses themselves are very nice, but they just don't seem to fit her properly.
And she also needs to work on her hair. For example, the above pictures posted of her in her military style jacket, pants, and hat. The jacket looks way to long in the sleeve area, the pants to big and baggy, and if she had tied her hair back or pinned it up, she may have had better luck pulling off the outfit. As it is, she looks very frumpy in the outfit, the hat looks too small and out of place on her head, and that the outfit is wearing her.
You can buy just about anything, pricey or cheap, designer or off the rack, and no matter what you figure or taste, you can make it look good. But if it does not fit you properly, the whole look can literally go to hell in a handbag!
Old 04-01-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

that was a good choice of maternity coat today but i dont like the silly hat thing

Old 04-01-2009, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
I like the military look of the hat and the coat. She matched the uniformed family members.
I quite agree . I have liked this coat when she wore it in the past, the colour and style are ones I appreciate.
I also think the colour was a good choice given how much of the rest of the family were in uniform.
Old 04-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Courtier

The hat did look a bit odd, with too much long hair trailing behind it. However, she is really really pregnant, and it was to her credit that she made an effort to attend any scheduled event.

Perhaps she needs to address the material of her clothing as well as the proportion of her very wide bottomed slacks.
Old 04-01-2009, 07:36 PM
Courtier

I love the hat - it's different. I think that if she had worn her hair back or in a chignon, she would have looked too severe. She's got great hair.

The coat - being a light color - is going to make Marie look gigormous. Maybe if the coat were a gray color, it would have looked better.
Marie seems to favor shiny fabrics which when used in a tailored outfit make the outfit look cheap. Shiny fabric and shiny buttons - it's too much. This military style coat in a gabardine or wool fabric would look so much better.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:16 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

The hat is quite cute but doesnt work with open hair. The outfit isnt bad but quite boring when you can get nicer maternity cloths.
Old 04-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Courtier

The fabric of the maternity trench coat (if that is what it's supposed to be) seems too light - not in color, but actual weight of fabric, or "hand". If you notice, the standup collar doesn't meet properly, and the whole thing is too shiny, or comes across as shiny in pictures.

This would have been a good opportunity for her to wear more clunky heels, rather than the spikes. After all, many were in army boots. In one picture, she looked down nervously at the stairs she had to descend. Thank goodness, Joachim was there for support, as her left hand was holding that little envelope handbag and would have been useless had she taken a fall.

It was obvious that she really couldn't see where the steps were due to her advanced pregnancy.

A bit of common sense with the shoes might have helped out. Isn't there anyone around to give her advice???
Old 04-03-2009, 06:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I like Marie's Maternity fashion. It looks nice.
Old 04-03-2009, 01:33 PM
Courtier

I like how she dresses during her pregnancy

Tags
maternity fashion, princess marie, princess marie fashion, princess marie maternity fashion