The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-21-2009, 11:52 AM
Majesty

With all due respect ... but so far most of Princess Marie's ensembles were unpolished ill-chosen. There is no need to dismiss suggestions as un-French because Princess Marie failed to display her innate famous French taste in clothes. Princess Marie does like to wear tight dresses with plunging necklines.
Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -
29y5soo.jpg (image)
The above photo is the courtesy of Princess of Europe

Old 03-21-2009, 12:56 PM
Courtier

Yes, indeed. There has been evidence of the plunging neckline with cleavage since her wedding day. Always a tight fit above the waist, and most certainly around the bustline. The New Year's Day evening gown with that enormous fur around her didn't fail to have a deep neckline either. In fact, that was the only part of the dress she didn't cover up.

I think that's why she ran into trouble with the lingerie showing at this last event.

Old 03-21-2009, 01:11 PM
Gentry

this dress is too tight, i admit, it's not a good choice, but i think Hollywood style is not good for her, she likes simple and strict clothes
Old 03-21-2009, 01:45 PM
Majesty

In my personal opinion, (1) Rachida Dati and Carla Bruni Sarkozy dress in simple, yet chic and well-tailored ensembles; and (2) Carine Roitlfeld's outfits are simple with an edge. Unfortunately Princess Marie does fit into this category "Elegant French" yet. Hopefully she will in the near future ... I am not calling Princess Marie to wear Hollywood gala dresses. However, Catherine Zeta Jones and Cate Blanchet looked far more elegant in their Hollywood outfits than Princess Marie did. At the very least ... they were able to choose a dress and pull it off. Perhaps ... Princess Marie is a victim of the stereotype that all French ladies have got an sense of fashion...
Old 03-21-2009, 02:04 PM
Courtier

Unhappy

Could it be that the Danish designers don't have that je ne sais quois style that their French counterparts have? That could be part of the problem. Not wanting to offend, perhaps Princess Marie just goes along with it.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:19 PM
Majesty

That might be the case ... At the same time, it is Princess Marie, who chooses ... Anyway, I think that the course of our discussion is veering off the topic. It would be better for us to leave it here. If otherwise, we might be accused of increased ugly criticism. http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...tml#post910941
Old 03-21-2009, 03:19 PM
Courtier

Here's the thing. If she dressed the "princess way" some of the board members are talking about, others would accuse her of putting on airs like they did Mary. You can't win when you are in a public situation like this. And like everyone, mistakes will be made. The difference is the press and some people like to point out the mistakes. I'm not saying they (or anyone) cannot dislike something or complain about it. You either like something or you don't. And that is fine.

Marie is very feminine and girly in her style, imo. She seems to me to like details, like beading etc.
Old 03-21-2009, 05:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

IMHO everyone can dress nicely and feel great and look comfortable "in her skin" and it will show. Some may find the length of a skirt too long/short the dress too tight or loose but the bottom line is that the person who wears the outfit feels "good".
Marie always looks like she feels great. She does not seem like someone who stresses over her wardrobe. With the exception of that silver suit and hat all her other outfits ranged from nice to beautiful. I do not think she needs to dress like a star on the red carpet to look royal.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:46 PM

I personally have never liked Marie, however she sometimes has managed to dress very nicely, but not this time. The gown, in my opinion, looks tacky and the purple nail polish does no good. Hope she improves...
Old 03-22-2009, 10:44 AM
Courtier

Dressing with good taste, not tacky taste is important in a princess. The purple polish, blue shoes, heavy heels with cocktail dress are examples of less than best taste. In my opinion, it has been a busy, rough year for her, a year of adjustment, and she will hopefully reflect on her clothing as it hits or misses the mark so she can improve, particularly during official events.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:28 PM
Aristocracy

Are there eny one who has some pictures of Maries clothes on a model ?

Nanna
www.kronprinsesse-mary.dk
Old 03-22-2009, 03:23 PM
Courtier

Dressing in a classic way that becomes the princess of a country has nothing to do with putting on airs. Often, it is a basic, simple style or cut utilizing material that will not crush or wrinkle easily and colors that are easy to spot in a crowd. All of this in a line that is flattering to the figure. Princess Marie has a very good figure, so there is no problem there. The final details or embelishments are left to the princess and designer.
Old 03-26-2009, 07:13 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Marie wearing the New Year Gown for new official portraits

http://i.c.dk/pics/8/5/6/55658/org.jpg
http://i.c.dk/pics/7/5/6/55657/org.jpg
http://i.c.dk/pics/3/8/6/55683/org.jpg

Old 03-26-2009, 07:23 AM
Super Moderator

Aha, now the gown can be seen without the stole!
Old 03-26-2009, 08:50 AM
Nobility

Beautiful! Especially the length of the sleeves. Don't know why, but they look elegant to me.
Old 03-26-2009, 12:59 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Thanks for the pictures. Even though this is not the first time that Marie has worn this gown, it's first time that I've seen the entire thing. It's actually very nice. Nothing extravagant, but not bad.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:02 PM
Majesty

The gown seems to be all right. However, the cloth totally ruined it.
Old 03-26-2009, 01:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love Marie's gown. The color and cut are wonderful for her and show her expectant mother's figure very nicely.
Old 03-26-2009, 02:17 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

it is a pity that they didnt wait until after Marie had had her baby to take the new official photos as then she could have had a really nice gown rather than this one which is alright but nothing really special

Old 03-26-2009, 02:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmalisa View Post
Beautiful! Especially the length of the sleeves. Don't know why, but they look elegant to me.
I agree. The look is regal. She looks wonderful.

Tags
maternity fashion, princess marie, princess marie fashion, princess marie maternity fashion