The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

The nailpolish and the showing bra are NO GO imo. The gown looks beautiful on her, but she should know better than to wear the same colour all the times. I think she needs a better stylist!

Old 03-18-2009, 11:27 AM
Gentry

i don't like shoulder-straps, but the colour suits her, and the cut of the dress is perfect for her pregnancy

Old 03-18-2009, 12:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I don't really like purple but the color seems to be a popular color for the Danish Princess's. I think Marie looked nice, dress is ok but the tiara makes up for any shortcoming on the dresses part. IMO
Old 03-18-2009, 03:31 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Nail polish is tacky I agree but the dress looks beautiful and the way it falls is nice. the color suits Marie and the embroidery is not too much which just gives some shimmer to the top part of the dress. The color is really nice IMO.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Marie just never seems to get it right. A shame really. The only thing beautiful about this outfit is the Tiara. Even with that said, her hair doesn't do it justice.
Old 03-18-2009, 05:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

the dress is not so glamorus , really but coud be worst, the only thing i really don't like is showing the bra and the neil polish colour, glad s he didn't put purple on her lipstick!
Old 03-18-2009, 05:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think Marie is the forums' favourite fashion pinata. I find her whole outfit beautiful and the nail polish is very fashionable and matches perfectly with the outfit.
It seems that Marie favours some colours and she prefers to dress in darker shades that match her complexion. For a lady two months away from giving birth she is mighty glamourous. Go Marie!
Old 03-18-2009, 06:19 PM
Majesty

Princess Marie's outfit was rather usual: deep decollete paired with her favourite purple colour. However, she should avoid exposing her lingerie.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:53 PM
Courtier

The lingerie showing could be a gusset sewn in at the last minute to enlarge that very tight fitting, though gathered, bodice. It looks as though the seam had to be rippped open, there was no matching material, so black was used. The effect is awful, just like the sleeves on the trench coat, not royal looking at all.

Enough has been said about the dark nails, so I won't add too much. Getting a manicure is one thing, but painting the nails to go with such a dark outfil is the least classic way to go. Poor, Marie, does she not know how to say no to a bad idea, or is it she who initiates these ideas?

I prefer her long hair done up in giant curls, such as her wedding day and the new year's event. Perhaps there wasn't enough time to get around to that since there were obvious alterations to the dress that had to be taken care of.

The big purse she carried was out of proportion to her size. It looked like she was trying to hide the pregnancy (senseless after wearing the super revealing dinner dress). She would have been fine with a smaller purse, even the one from the new year's gala (though I think it had a pink knob for a closure - maybe she rejected it for that reason). The one she ended up with was way too big for an evening bag for a short lady. I'm confident she'll improve after the baby.

Both the queen and her sister looked like true royals. Simplicity, exquisite fabric, polished look. Mary was trying too hard with the purple satin fabric wrapped around her all over the place. Not terribly refined either, in my opinion.
Old 03-18-2009, 06:56 PM
Serene Highness

Marie's dress is nice. I know she really wears too much purple, but still I like her last dress. Hairdo was nice too, going very well with her tiara. Two no-no's: black lingerie showing trough the dress and nail polish color.

"The course of true love never did run smooth " William Shakespeare, 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'

http://www.aishwarya-rai.com/
Old 03-18-2009, 07:39 PM
Courtier

Marie could get away with wearing other colors: cream, soft gold, bronze, taupe - she needs to get way from the purple -
Old 03-18-2009, 07:42 PM
Majesty

Perhaps ... Princess Marie is too fond of the purple because the latter is considered as regal and historically associated with royal wear.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:18 PM
Courtier

True royals would never think of painting their nails purple as well, royal color or not. If she wanted to appear royal, she overdid that royal color.

Once again, where was Joachim? Didn't he see this mistake?
Old 03-18-2009, 11:17 PM
Heir Apparent

Obviously not. But why would he have to? She should know better by now! Just an aside, but has anyone else noticed just how thin and gaunt Joachim looks lately??
Old 03-19-2009, 12:26 AM
Nobility

I am not a fan of most of Marie's fashion choices, but I have to say that some of the comments seem a bit harsh. Her dress isn't the greatest, but it's not the most unflattering thing that I've seen her wear. My biggest problem with it is that it looks like her lingerie is peeking out from underneath.

I've never been a big fan of nail polish and I think that matching it to your clothes is a big no-no. I'm more of a manicure (french if you like) kind of girl. But, in Marie's defense I have seen many other royal ladies wearing nail polish from time to time including Mette-Marit and Maxima for example and I didn't think that it was that bizarre.

I'm very tired of seeing her in purple or shades of purple, but it's not as if Marie looks like someone who was dragged in off of the streets. She can always do better, but for me this wasn't terrible.
Old 03-19-2009, 05:20 AM
Nobility

I could imagine that the gown was designed to be worn with a certain size of a baby belly,
perhaps with a tolerance for stretching further, but then the gown didn't work like planned,
it stretched a little bit too much, thus the show of the lingerie?

Anyway, I like her apperance a lot! She's radiant and that's more important than having every
tiny little detail in perfect order.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/xc/854...0A760B0D811297
Old 03-19-2009, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Marie could get away with wearing other colors: cream, soft gold, bronze, taupe - she needs to get way from the purple -
Not many women so pregnant like Marie would go for soft colors, it would just make them look biggger therefore I do understand why many go for dark colors. Maybe when she has had her baby, we will see her in lighter shades.
Old 03-19-2009, 06:32 AM
Courtier

I think lighter colors would was Marie out. As for her dress, I think she looks nice. She was very beautiful. The black material peeking out does not bother me. I don't think it was lingerie. I think it may have been a body stocking that some pregnant women wear when they get further along in term. Sometimes it happens. I don't think it's a major incident or tacky. Just an accident. The purple polish was not my favorite, but fits with her age.
Old 03-19-2009, 11:16 AM
Royal Highness

Whether it was gusset or lingerie, or body stocking, they are all tacky, especially for a formal evening. The dress is a great colour and shape otherwise. IMO, if Marie has the guts to wear the strappy gown, she should have skipped the modesty coverings underneath. Just go for it!
Old 03-19-2009, 01:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Whatever Marie wears is mosty acceptable (at least to me) since she always looks happy and smiles a lot. A lot of ladies watch every little detail and their outfits may look perfect on a manequin or hanging in a closet, but are either pouty or look like they are bored and the whole appearance is miserable.
Marie made some mistakes but overall she has her own style and always looks radiant and happy to be wherever she finds herself to be. That is what class is all about.

Tags
maternity fashion, princess marie, princess marie fashion, princess marie maternity fashion