Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
she looks lovely, i find her adorable, but... Joachim :eek:, the costume would be better with darker shoes !

I quite like this outfit. The pale pink top is very nice. It adds a bit of a springtime look to this outfit. Marie usually does casual very well. This outfit is no exception, IMO.

I also agree that her face looks a bit different. To me, it appears that her eye-makeup is a bit heavier and/or darker than we have seen in the past. Overall, I must say that Marie has looked quite lovely throughout her pregnancy (I'm not just talking about her outfits). She doesn't appear to have gained a lot of weight other than in her belly, and she really seems to glow.

Her face may be a little puffy due to water retention and she is compensating by using heavier eye makeup.

Joachim's color sense is interesting. Sometimes eye opening and unexpected.

Princess Marie's role as a princess, part of the third most important royal couple in the whole of Denmark puts her in a very special place, and how she presents herself in public should embody this privileged position. If it means stepping things up, getting a personal shopper to help her, then so be it. It's part of the social status
she's acquired.

I agree that this is typical Marie.

Except for special royal occassions where she dresses the Princess part...Marie in this outfit does not differ from the Marie that I was first made aware of when she went on vacation with Joachim when she became publicly known as the "new girlfriend."

Let's face it. Marie is no clotheshorse. She is one of those woman IMO who wears clothes because she has to. I hope that makes sense. She gets no particular enjoyment (or at least appears to) from shopping. She will always go for the simple tailored classic no fuss look. And there is nothing wrong with that. And her maternity style reflects that.

It's a nice outfit, particularly like the multi-colour cross. I thought Joachim's choice of footware causes more eyebrow raising.

Marie looks comfortable, not particularly princess-like.

Joachim's color combinations are pretty dramatic sometimes. He is more daring with his color palette than his wife!

She is almost predicatable with regard to color choices - gray, black, purple, beige, taupe, white.

I lik Marie's clothes. This outfit look great on her, when being only about a month, or at least a few weeks before the delivery that has been said is next month. A lot of royal ladies has given birth in April the last years, so if Marie is early, they might get an April baby too!

I love the softness of the pale pink, and I think the outfit is nice for a woman 8 months pregnant.

Her husband on the other hand, could have chosen different shoes at least!

Yes, indeed. Tobacco brown shoes with a gray suit is a little different and unexpected. Wonder if that was a personal choice or the valet decided that would be the best combination.

She's probably really getting to that point in the pregnancy that only a couple of outfits fit comfortably and she'd just as soon wear those right to the delivery. Can't be blamed for that.

Her mother's arrival in Denmark for the birth and attendance at the concert this week show what great fashion sense she has. If only Marie would take some pointers from her mother, who looks like a classic dresser and was very elegant at the wedding, without being flashy.

Her mother has a lot of style with regard to her clothes, oh if her daughter could only learn from her.

Perhaps Marie's height has led her to buy more casual, less "womanly" styles. She seems to be very petite, so it is easier to find small things that are very young looking. However, for a princess, the style has to be more upscale and made of better quality fabrics. This is something that she will come to understand more fully.

Her mother has a lot of style and sense of fashion. Surely she will help guide Marie to evolve from her past wardrobe to one that is more befitting a princess of the realm.

This has nothing to do with Mary's style, her colors, or anything about Mary.

This is about Marie's choices thus far. Her smile is a winner, her clothing choices need to be winners as well. She has become a woman of privilege in her new country, and the expectations that go with that privilege are there.

I think Marie looks good for a woman about to have a baby. I don't think she dresses badly at all. It's not like she is going to events in jeans and a t-shirt. Her style is evolving well thus far. I can't wait to see what her outfits will look like after the baby is born and after she looses the baby weight (which doesn't look like much).

i don't agree at all, her mother is elegant ok, but she dresses like an old lady, Marie is too young to dress like her mother, sorry

Maybe no jeans and t-shirt, but very casual and unpolished, with hair in a schoolgirl style. That is what gives one the impression that she wears what is easiest fo find in her size.

The tin man suit, the pregnant trench coat, dress with sequined epaulets, see through blouses, fur trimmed vest are choices that didn't quite make the princess level.

Another commoner who married into a royal family and has carried off the style of her new position is Maria Teresa of Luxembourg. She always looks polished, though sometimes wears clothing that would look a little better on a slimmer person. Marie can step it up a bit, as she has the figure to make a stunning princess.

Her formal attire has been much better, such as her wedding gown and the blue dress for the new year's event, but the two purple dresses fell a bit short of the mark.

I just got the Point deVue which has Marie in a purple dress and shawl to match, for the Christiansborg reception of 17th of March.
Seems like her love of purple has rubbed off the other royal ladies. They all looked smashing!

I love her style. Do you think it was the last time that Marie appeared before she is giving birth?

I think that last time I looked at the calendar (Thanks JessRulz) it was the last thing listed, but that may have changed, so you should check it out yourself to be sure ;) .

She looked gorgeous yesterday :flowers:
I love the dress-coat combination, especially the dress´colour suits her. And her hairdo was very beautiful as well. She was really lovely, IMO.

Although Marie wasn't very big, she seems about to pop! What I mean, from experience being in my 4th pregnancy, when you come to that stage, you have had ENOUGH!

Marie looked nice. I like both the dress and the coat (nice colours!), but IMO they looked too short.
Jamd
Jamd

Marie looked nice. I like both the dress and the coat (nice colours!), but IMO they looked too short.
Jamd
Jamd

Marie is beautiful in spite of her clothes as a woman's pregnancy, as a rule, changes most of her lifestyle. All-in-all, I love her choice. She looks very shining and fresh.:):flowers:

Jamd
Jamd

Princess Marie looked so beautiful in her purple dress with the black coat. I noticed she wore a short sleeves. It must be little cold in Denmark.:ermm:

Princess Marie certainly likes to wear her signature purple for festive occasions. The top of her dress looked very pretty, would have been nice to be able to see the bodice in more detail. The material looks gauzy, very light.

She looks wonderful, and has a lovely expression on her face.

The dress looks a bit short when she is waving, but that may be due to her arm being in the air. Lovely, lovely picture. Joachim looking down at her middle, as if anticipating the baby's arrival in just a week or two.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hairdo is lovely, she's taken care to have someone do it - rather than just hang loosely.
Dress does look a bit short, perhaps she intends wearing it through the summer and it will look longer, without her tummy.

The princess look I refer to is like a Grace Kelly, for example. She was a beautiful woman who sought elegance and simplicity in her clothes. There was nothing "old" in the way she looked.

Marie could do the same, not always appearing in little flimsy looking tops or gowns that give the impression of being easy to find items off the peg.

Though she looks good in it, she wears purple so much that it gives one the urge to call it Princess Party Purple. Perhaps later we will se her in other color choices. Hope so.

I don't really think that her dress is that short. I think that it is most likely a combination of her belly sticking out and her arm in the air. I really like the jacket that she wore over the dress. Her hair is beautiful in this style. It is the prettiest hairstyle that I have ever seen her wear (IMO). She does wear a lot of purple. It looks very nice on her, but she should also consider wearing shades of blue and pink. She would look really pretty in those colors, and it would add a nice change to her wardrobe.

Her complexion has an exotic hue to it, I'm sure that by now she knows the colors that suit her best. I would think something like the chocolate brown she favors, with some kind of sparkly accents or a dark brown lace over an interesting light colored satin beneath. I think we'll see more variety in the future.

She's had a busy first year, lots to deal with, including an ever-changing figure which probably led her to choose styles and colors that were "safest".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom