front view
side view
close up
outside
belga

What a lovely belly!

Old 02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Courtier

OMG! Is Marie buying maternity wear? I seriously doubt it! This dress is so stretched over her body - tight in the belly area, too tight in the rear area - and the way she is standing is so awful.
Marie literally seems to be wearing regular clothing which is stretched to the seams over her rapidly expanding body. What a mess!
She needs to get to a maternity store pronto. She looks embarassing!

Old 02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

i have to agree the dress is very tight and not one of her best looks

Old 02-23-2009, 07:46 PM
Heir Apparent

I Soo agree with you, pamk!! I was afraid I would be deleted if I wrote my feelings but you did a Great job. I really think that she will never get what it takes to look like a princess without some Serious help! All of her dresses seem to be made out of cheap looking fabrics, poor fitting, I'm sorry. She just looks awful! (I am embarassed For her and I am not a HRH!) Pathetic, imo.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
OMG! Is Marie buying maternity wear? I seriously doubt it! This dress is so stretched over her body - tight in the belly area, too tight in the rear area - and the way she is standing is so awful.
Marie literally seems to be wearing regular clothing which is stretched to the seams over her rapidly expanding body. What a mess!
She needs to get to a maternity store pronto. She looks embarassing!
Why is it that whenever a women wears anything but pregnancy clothes, she is told to rush off to a maternity store? This dress looks lovely and fits well and stops her looking like a beached whale. She is a petite woman and is dressed appropriately for the event. Anything too flowy could have looked massive on her. This could very well be a maternity dress as it is ruched around the belly. Also,we are seeing a tiny snippet of the evening captured in a milli second by a photographer. I hardly think you can criticise the way she is standing.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:22 PM
Heir Apparent

I like the color of the dress. The neckline is nice, but the fabric has too much shine and stretch. It isn't very flattering on her. I know that a lot of women are wearing tighter clothes during their pregnancies. I usually like the way it looks, as long as the fabric isn't shiny. This fabric is just wrong for this look.

Her shoes, hair and coat were very nice, though. She definitely seems to be thrilled with her pregnancy, and she has that lovely glow.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
I like the color of the dress. The neckline is nice, but the fabric has too much shine and stretch. It isn't very flattering on her. I know that a lot of women are wearing tighter clothes during their pregnancies. I usually like the way it looks, as long as the fabric isn't shiny. This fabric is just wrong for this look.

Her shoes, hair and coat were very nice, though. She definitely seems to be thrilled with her pregnancy, and she has that lovely glow.
I agree with you. Her hair looks lovely and she is definitely glowing.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Marie looked the way she usually does. Yet again, this look was unpolished. Hair and makeup were nice though.
Old 02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Heir Apparent

Sad that Princess Marie continues to look unpolished when she has had more than enough time to look elegant and 'polished'. Hair and make-up are not the important things but rather her clothes and posture and bearing, are.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:37 AM
Royal Highness

Not her best look,but considering the fact that we're talking about Marie,it's not her worst look either...She's French and she must do something about that:YSL,Dior,Chanel...all of these fashion houses are in her country,I can't believe that she wasn't influenced at all by them!!
Old 02-24-2009, 06:40 AM
Gentry

the way she dresses is good... for you

so that, you can criticize her each time
Old 02-24-2009, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Assistant Coordinator

I must say she looks good but the dress just seems abit tooooo tight. Im not a fan of pregnant ladies in extra fitted cloths. I know some like to show off the belly but I think you could do it in anything else but not a stretched jersey dress IMO. Maybe a nice not so fitted dress (like the sky blue one she wore)

I quite like the hair.
Old 02-24-2009, 07:58 AM
Heir Presumptive

I totally agree! The dress is too tight and she doesn't look elegant at all, IMO.

PPE
Old 02-24-2009, 08:33 AM
Royal Highness

I also agree with dazzling. I only like her hairstyle and make-up.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:45 AM
Royal Highness

I like Princess Marie's, always smiles, styles is elegance and beautiful.
Old 02-24-2009, 09:41 AM
Heir Apparent

I think she is absolutely glowing. Her hair is fabulous and her skin luminous but the clothes . . . . . I think I am a little old fashioned but the new style for figure hugging maternity wear is not a favourite. That being said, my neice who is due early next month is sooooo proud of her bump and I have regularly been invited to touch. For her it was a long time coming and such a joy to be shared. Perhaps Marie feels the same,
Old 02-24-2009, 01:25 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by isabelle 53 View Post
the way she dresses is good... for you

so that, you can criticize her each time
On this thread Isabelle, you can read all the nice remarks.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...7-a-18494.html

And by the way I absolutly love her outfit. She looks beautifull. It is not her fault that some people seems to prefere women wearing burkas when pregnant .
Old 02-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally I do not wish pregnant ladies to wear sack-type outfits. However, a dress, which is too tight, tends to look unattractive as well. Princess Marie did a mediocre job of pulling off the outfit. I am sure that there are appropriate dresses/outfits available to Princess Marie to look polished and show off her pregnancy.
Old 02-24-2009, 01:57 PM
Commoner

I think there is a difference on wearing not to fitting outfit to something that looks like Princess Marie squeezed into. I don't think that is to Princess like. But what do I know!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2009, 02:23 PM
Heir Apparent

She looks perfect!)))

Tags
maternity fashion, princess marie, princess marie fashion, princess marie maternity fashion