Princess Marie's Maternity Fashion: November 2008 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Much better outfit. Very nice dress. But I dont like the shoes.

Why is it that whenever a women wears anything but pregnancy clothes, she is told to rush off to a maternity store? :rolleyes:This dress looks lovely and fits well and stops her looking like a beached whale. She is a petite woman and is dressed appropriately for the event. Anything too flowy could have looked massive on her. This could very well be a maternity dress as it is ruched around the belly. Also,we are seeing a tiny snippet of the evening captured in a milli second by a photographer. I hardly think you can criticise the way she is standing.

Actually Marie looks nice in the front view of post 158. Completely agree with your post, missjane :flowers:

The dress is very nice but spoilt by the mumsy cardie thing. Two totally different lines and styles. :ermm:

This outfit is much better than the previous one.I really liked the black jacket.

I like the dress and jacket, but I don't care for the gloves. They looked really out of place with this outfit. Now that I have seen her in something flowy, and something fitted, I have to say that I prefer a more fitted look for Marie (although, not as tight as the dress worn to the business school dinner).

I'm sorry, but I Still don't think she will ever get it, no matter what she wears. There is a happy medium somewhere out there....but poor Marie doesn't seem to see it. I keep hoping that she will.

Thank you for the new photos!It seems that the rest of her body remains slim and beautiful.I won't comment on the clothes,they seem casual anyway.She went shopping,right?

i love this pic of Marie

gorgeous pregnant lady :wub:

on SE og HØR - Onsdag 25. februar 2009

Prinsesse Marie: Vokseværk

Do you know when this photo was taken? Princess Marie looks really beautiful. Iakynthi, you are right. Her body is perfect. She doesn't appear to have gained any weight, except in her belly. She is one of the loveliest pregnant women I have ever seen.

She is beautiful she is beaming and looks so happy. Still the dress could be a little larger to accomodate her backside. The front looks fine it is the backside that is too tight.

Yes, from the front it is OK - her shoulders and bust area look fine - BUT - the rest of the dress is fitting her like a sausage casing.
Skin-tight through the tummy area, the rear area and on her legs.
A pretty empire-style dress in the correct size would show off her shoulders and bust line but then fall gently around the rest of her body.
A tight sheath style dress looks like something a Hollywood starlet would wear to garner attention from the papparazzi.

I'm sorry, but I Still don't think she will ever get it, no matter what she wears. There is a happy medium somewhere out there....but poor Marie doesn't seem to see it. I keep hoping that she will.

Perhaps she found the happy medium with the dark purple top and black pants. I didn't care for the "sausage casing" look or the gray dress. There were elements of the gray dress that looked fine but I still did not like it that much. Today however, her outfit was just right.

I just noticed the grey croco envelope/clutch she was holding when she wore the grey dress.It's really beautiful!Any idea about the designer?

She's due in May,Odette.I didn't notice what Joachim was wearing,I just think Marie was much more elegant with that purple coat than on the other occasions.

the purple swing coat is a great look for pregnant woman as it is very stylish but allows some freedom for Marie's expanding bump

Yet again Princess Marie's outfit was a miss. The "purple jacket and black pants" ensemble did not match Prince Joachim's official look and looked awkward, to say the least.

Yeah, the purple jacket is quite old-fashioned and does nothing for her. Is it the same one she wore around Christmas time? I think she looks better in fitted things, but not as fitted as the previous sausage dress...she is so nice and pretty, I really hope with time she finds her style....

I like both dresses Marie had worn: gray and black. Some pregnant woman look perfect with tight/well fitting dresses. It is when they manage to be thin during pregnancy like Marie and only belly is showing. Gray dress is cute but it could be more fitting.
I am not crazy about purple coat though, color was nice(it is Marie's color, I think) but style I don't know...

Well, I may not be overly enamoured with either of the recent outfits, but I do think that overall her fashion sense is developing

Developing into what?? She still has no fashion sense and as I have said before, I am beginning to doubt that she will ever will. There's always hope, however...

Well, Pregnancy isnt the best days to be fashionable IMO. Yes you can but its not easy. So far, Marie's outfits arent too bad. She seems to be a person who isnt to into fashion.

Does Marie have a stylist?

IMO, Marie doesn't look that bad. It could be a lot worse!

Of course it could be worse.But it could also be a lot better and Marie has a great example,her sister-in-law,in her environment.I just hope that her fashion sense will be more inspired after she gives birth.Let's just say that she doesn't have many choices right now.

Marie wore the same purple coat to the Christmas service on the 24 December and to the opening of the fair in Toender.

Developing into what?? She still has no fashion sense and as I have said before, I am beginning to doubt that she will ever will. There's always hope, however...

Well, I'm entitled to my own opinion, but mentally replace the word "developing" with "evolving" if that makes you feel better...

Marmi, that's not fair. It's not a matter of my feeling better but rather just My opinion. I just do not see any "evolving" sense of her style/fashion! I keep waiting with baited breath, to see just a Bit of her beginning to look Royal, but so far I see no improvement at all. Surely she has had enought time to get together with a stylist to assist her....but perhaps she just isn't into clothes per se. Somehow I truly doubt that... but what do I know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom