Princess Marie's Fashion & Style Part 3: August 2009 - March 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nathalie Cox

Heir Presumptive
City
in a corner of ...
Country
Argentina
Marie looks great! Nice profile, I love the hairdo, I love the fringe, the make up...

I hope she realizes soon that looking like Posh Spice won't do anything for her.

If you look at the pictures closely, you can see that they arrived in daylight. Shiny clothing, sequins, etc., are usually worn at night by fashionable people. Not very crazy about Britt's dress, either, but this thread is not about her.

Princess Marie's Fashion & Style part 3: August 10, 2009 -

Welcome to
Princess Marie's Fashion & Style part 3
previous thread can be found Here

Here are some important
TRF Community Rules & FAQs
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
marmi, The Truth, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

yes, she seemed happy. i'm not crazy about the rockchic ensemble for her, but hey... she seems to be finding her way and trying things out. nice to see her in something different.

i'm not a fan of the rock outfit either - and that black nail polish, ew! even though this is a more informal type of event, i don't think it's a very princessy attire. since marie acknowledged she wasn't a fashionista earlier on, i'll give her the benefit of the doubt and i'm sure it will get better the next time. maybe mary's stylist can give her a few tips.

I don't like her outfit at all!!! There is too much black and her nail polish is awful too. It is not a refined look.

Yes, whenever possible, she wears skin tight slacks, or jeans, and a low cut sweater, tank top, blouse, or other kind of top. Dresses have, with the exception of one or two, had deep necklines. She has been doing that since she came down the aisle in her very beautiful, although somewhat revealing, wedding gown.

She is now adding vulgar shine, and midnight colored nail polish. First, purple, and now black. Is she showing signs of picking up proper styles? Not really. Will she? Who knows?

Last edited by a moderator:
There appeared to be a certain theme going on at that fashion show. Yes, her outfit was strange. Yes, she is a princess. However, she seems to wear what she likes. Is it what everyone else likes? No, but if she likes it, and Joachim likes it, then I suppose that is what matters. Yes, I would like to see her wearing a different style, but it doesn't look like it's going to happen. She's still young, and she's still fairly new at this. Until she shows up looking like Gloria von Thurn und Taxis circa 1988, then I really don't think there is much to fret about, IMO.

Last edited by a moderator:
It's nice to see Princess Marie attending at Malene Birger fashion show. I like Marie's black outfit but not her hairstyle. She seemed to have a good time at the fashion show.

I agree sgl. Too me its much ado about nothing.

Marie wears clothes that fit her. Its not like she is dressing like Pamela Lee Anderson or anything like that. And black nail polish is the current style.

Can members please focus on Marie's fashion and style instead of speculating about Joachim et.al. may or may not think about Marie and her role within the DRF.

If members would like to pontificate about the latter please do so in the Danish forum.

Thank you

GT
RHofF Mod.

I believe that adding earrings to that outfit would have been tantamount to "gilding the lily" - she realized that she had enough going on with the outfit and didn't need to add any more (thank goodness she finally drew the line!).

Well said,Rylt11.And that was a positive step.I'm really optimistic about Marie's fashion sense,I'm sure she'll learn.

Mary in malene birger show was wearing too mucht black...black pants, black top, elegant but too black.

It's her new look - black, shiny, very accented eyes with lots of black eyeliner, black nail polish, very angular bangs.

I, frankly, don't think it's a very royal look. It does call attention to Marie, but it's not appropriate in my opinion. I think the whole ensemble looks rather vulgar for a princess and wish she'd chosen something else to wear.

Marie was attending the show in a private capacity and as such there was nothing wrong with her outfit.

It was fun and perfectly captured the mood of the show. I particularly liked the little bolero jacket and the smoky eye make-up.

I think that Marie looked nice with fringe. She may want to consider wearing her hair with fringe again. Maybe not so slicked to one side, but in a blunt cut that covers more of her forehead. It would flatter her facial shape, IMO.

Well, whenever Marie appears in public, she is a princess of the realm, no matter how "private" she might want to appear. That's just the way it is when one is in the royal family of any country.

Going to a friend's home, estate, castle, or being at a family member's home is a bit different, as long as there are doors, gates, etc. to maintain privacy. When out on the street, even doing mundane things, such as shopping or taking a walk, royals are still royals.

So, when attending a fashion show that has lots of photographers around, it is important to dress well, because there is no doubt that pictures will be taken and published. After a year of being in the royal family, Marie has to know this.

Marie was attending the show in a private capacity and as such there was nothing wrong with her outfit.

It was fun and perfectly captured the mood of the show. I particularly liked the little bolero jacket and the smoky eye make-up.

I completely agree. I obviously have no idea of the age of other posters but I think Marie's outifit was young and trendy. She looked confident and happy and I think that is very important. And who is to say what a royal should dress like? Though royal each person is an individual and will wear different styles. As far as I'm concerned as long as she isnt wearing something ridiculously revealing I hope Marie continues to wear what makes her feel confident and beautiful

The swing from the softness of the christening dress to the glitzy outfit at the fashion show may have been a reaction to all those months of wearing maternity clothes. Maybe she wanted a huge change from that.

I just think she overdid it, that's all. She is a beautiful woman, has an infectious smile, expressive eyes, and will always look good from the neck up. She doesn't need to go overboard, her natural beauty carries her.

I just think she overdid it, that's all. She is a beautiful woman, has an infectious smile, expressive eyes, and will always look good from the neck up. She doesn't need to go overboard, her natural beauty carries her.

Completely agree. She is so pretty that her face can't handle too much makeup - she's ends up looking drag. And she doesn't even need it either, I hope she realizes that.

I loved it covered with the shawl,a nice overall look.The envelope & the shoes are beautiful,too.

Marie attending a christening today:
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09081506.jpg
http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2009/PPE09081510.jpg

I didn't like that look on her. The dress reminds me of a negligee.
Somehow it looks just out of place and not appropriate for a christening.

Im the oppisite, I think this was an appropriate outfit for the event and it would do a ice dress to attened a summer wedding. The soft lace is not noticable till you get a close look, like the built in belt and the brooch on the side. I cant really figure if its dusty purple or grey purple. The pink shawl is a perfect piece with the look.

I love the dress! Its a great colour, I love all the detailing in it as well as the overall style. I think it is really flattering for Marie. I am glad she didnt wear a necklace though, I think that may have made it feel to overdone or 'evening'.

I think she looks fantastic in this dress. The soft colors are very pretty, and the shawl compliments the dress. The lace on the dress is very feminine. This retro style suits Marie.

She looks beautiful!!! the dress and the shoes are perfect!!

She's much more feminine than before! it's great!

I think this is a beautiful outfit!The colour and cut of the dress is very flattering. The pink wrap accents it in a lovely way

I think this is one of the best looks I've seen on Marie. Love the brooch at the waist. I have wondered if it was a christening present also? Soft dusty pink is a great choice of color for Marie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom