Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 8: November 2017 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hate the flower headband under normal circumstances (too costume-y), but not today.

The colours of the headband, the floral dress and the flowers at the church altar all fit in perfectly.

I agree with you 100%, actually I thought it is a hair band my daughter would use as teenager, but I really like it and something different:flowers:

Love her whole look andx I love the flowers in her hair

Other than the flower headband Princess Madeleine looks lovely today.

I like the dress but the flower headband is too much.

I thought for a while now that Madeleine is back to heavy tanning.

Flower headband can be too much when styled wrongly but this time it works well with her floral dress, and in a way they compliment each other. Also liked that she kept her hair straight and no big curls that would have been too much. Beautiful and romantic look. Funny that Madeleine, Victoria and Sofia all wore floral frocks.

Last edited:
I would hate the flower headband under normal circumstances (too costume-y), but not today.

The colours of the headband, the floral dress and the flowers at the churaltar all fit in perfectly.

I agree! I admit I am one of the first to say something looks too little girlish when it comes to hair styles or hats but this is very pretty. I like the dress too. The only thing I don't like is the heavy tan.

Maybe she tans easily and since the weather has been more than nice recently in the UK AND in scandinavia, and maybe she's been out with the kids... the tan comes from this time.

I absolutely love the dress, only that. The flower head band is too much and if she had done a few flowers to the one side of her hair then that would of made the flowers become part of her outfit......flower head band took away the entire appeal of the dress IMHO. Now for the jewels, no the cameos are not good with this outfit, simply because of the style of the dress, the cameos are more for a formal outfit then a spring time day event......simple pearls, diamonds with sapphires would be better for her. Not all jewels go with every outfit besides I thought the cameos were just for the queen only......or weddings!

I absolutely love the dress, only that. The flower head band is too much and if she had done a few flowers to the one side of her hair then that would of made the flowers become part of her outfit......flower head band took away the entire appeal of the dress IMHO. Now for the jewels, no the cameos are not good with this outfit, simply because of the style of the dress, the cameos are more for a formal outfit then a spring time day event......simple pearls, diamonds with sapphires would be better for her. Not all jewels go with every outfit besides I thought the cameos were just for the queen only......or weddings!

Victoria has worn the Cameo earrings, necklace, brooch and bracelet a few times but that was to evening dinners or the Nobel prize award ceremony. I haven't seen them being worn to day events before...

Madeleine looks very pretty; a great summer look. I'd save the headband for a summer party or more casual summer event rather than a christening, but it looks nice nevertheless.

Just a lovely summer look, love the flowers, which keep the hair away from her face, and the jewelry. These trendy floral ruffle dresses with the waists and shirred skirts below the waist can really add the illusion of extra weight, not so here she looks very svelte

Princess Madeleine was pictured in Stockholm on her birthday yesterday, June 10, wearing a lovely combination of summer blouse and casual pants:

** Full view **

Very beautiful blouse. Exquisite print.

I can always be assured of loving whatever Madeleine decides to wear. :flowers: I think she has a very romantic sensibility.

Love it! ❤️

I don't care for all of the lace, but the print of her blouse is very pretty.

aaaarrrgghhh, THAT dress is not good. She´s looking like her own grand-mother in comparison to Princess Sofia.
BYe Bine

A rare miss for Madeleine ....that just wears her. My goodness Sofia standing there makes her look dowdy.

LaRae

There is too much of everything in Madeleine's dress. The fabric, the pattern. She could have saved something with a simple and strict hairdo, but her hairdo makes the outfit look even more bad.
https://postimg.cc/image/sz3tx4dzv/

Something between matronly and Little House on the Prairie ... not very flattering.

I like the pattern but I agree that the overall feel of Madeleine's dress is rather matronly and unflattering. Not one of her best looks.

Definitely not my absolute favorite of Madeleine's looks but not the worst I've ever seen. I love the print and the color, very summery and light. I think for me it has something to do with the neckline. Perhaps if it had a bit lower neckline and wasn't so....heavy...along the top I'd like it better. That shade of green looks beautiful on her, though.

Princess Madeleine's floral theme continues,not a fan of this dress she has worn better in the past.

There is too much of everything in Madeleine's dress. The fabric, the pattern. She could have saved something with a simple and strict hairdo, but her hairdo makes the outfit look even more bad.
https://postimg.cc/image/sz3tx4dzv/

I can buy the romance of the hairdo, but that large studded clutch is a miss. Studs and summer florals are two different sides of the fence, IMO. And the clutch is just enormous! :eek:

Not bad dress but not good either.

Like Heather said, its neckline is too high, like something more elderly woman would wear. I hope she won't count herself off, now that she's in her middle 30s and mother of 3! I also wish this dress's style had been more simple, something that would have allowed its print to stand out much better. Wasn't also crazy about her hair...hair sleekly down or in a tighter updo would have been better choice. Also not crazy about her lighter hair. That clutch looks indeed enormous, just like her sister's ;)

Last edited:

A nice, rather casual outfit for Madeleine during a meeting between the World Childhood Foundation and Spotify yesterday, June 14:

** Full view **

The green dress is a poor design. The cape like sleeves which extent to the waist really amplify the chest area, great for a flat chested woman but not Madeleine. Unflattering neckline also, it looked uncomfortable. The casual outfit was very nice, like the little bit of lace on the blouse and the white blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom