The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-02-2017, 01:53 AM
Courtier

I just love the coat, I saw this very coat in a deep rich black and it was beyond gorgeous, same style and everything just a different color and I wanted it..., the dress from what I see is very unusual and perfect, it takes great sewing skills to put that kind of detail in a collar no less, and the way the front is put together from what I see is pleats doing down is very hard to do. I would love to see the entire dress for I bet it is gorgeous also. Only thing is that whatever is on her head, twisted fabric with a flower did not go for me. She is one very beautiful lady and carries herself well. In all with Madeline she looked like a lovely young lady as always.

Old 12-02-2017, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Not her best look, but certainly not horrible. Expressen named her best dressed yesterday, and Victoria worst, which goes to show how subjective these sort of things are.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kun...ungliga-dopet/

This sight claims that the coat cost 8000 euros, not 14 like svenskdam claimed, still very expensive, but thats almost half the price and according to the same site, its sold out since yesterday
https://www.polyvore.com/valentino_c...mpaign=default

Her hair, headpiece, and above all her face are absolutely stunning
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/...leine-tt-5.jpg

Old 12-02-2017, 12:29 PM
Commoner

I would have loved to see the dress without the coat, because I love the mix of pale pink and green.
Am not a fan of the coat because it's fur, but the color is okay for the dress.
The hair is a bit too messy for my taste and I am not a fan of the hairband but I think the overall look is appropriate and typical Madeleine.
Old 12-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think this type of dusty, light pink is not for her. I think this would have been better had it been more purple or a statement pink.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:37 AM
Administrator

Here's finally a photo of Madeleine's dress without the coat:

** Full view dress - December 1 **
Old 12-04-2017, 10:42 AM
Majesty

Oh my...I think the dress is worse than the coat!

LaRae
Old 12-04-2017, 10:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Yes, even more horrible in full view!
Old 12-04-2017, 11:26 AM
Courtier

Except for he wonky hemline, I like it.
Old 12-04-2017, 11:45 AM
Gentry

I don't care for the collar, but other than that, it's a lovely dress. Perfect waistline for a pregnant woman.
Old 12-04-2017, 12:35 PM
Serene Highness

oh oh, that one is worse than ugly....
BYe Bine
Old 12-04-2017, 01:19 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Its worse without the coat ,the hair piece and hairstyle are the best part of her outfit.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

So fun to see so many different opinions about Madeline's outfit. Now that I just see the dress I realize that the hair and the terrible hat is what bothers me the most she reminds me of when I Love Lucy would put her hair up with a rag to do her cleaning
Old 12-04-2017, 01:41 PM
Courtier

Again not her best choice, the dress is certainly not memorably, and yet her manner, and the way with which she carries herself make her look incredibly regal and sophisticated
Old 12-04-2017, 02:03 PM
Imperial Majesty

Djurens rätt (Animal Rights Sweden) at their Instagram:
"On Friday, Prince Gabriel was baptized and Princess Madeleine came in a coat made of Persian lamb. Persian is curly fur from newborn karakul lambs - the fur is taken from lamb slaughtered 3-6 days old.
All royals are role models and have a special responsibility. Dressing in fur is unethical and we hope we don't need to see it again. Princess Madeleine, take part and take responsibility for a pet-friendly world!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPxTgag...by=djurensratt

Margareta Thorgren commented to Expressen:
- It is true that princess Madeleine had a lamb coat and it was made of older lamb. What I can say in general about lambskin is that it is something that many both wear and have in their homes and they are considered to be sustainable products. Besides that, I have nothing more to comment on.
Prinsessan Madeleine bar lammpäls under dopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
Old 12-04-2017, 05:10 PM
Majesty

I too found the dress awful. One of her worst looks.
Old 12-04-2017, 06:20 PM
Majesty

She looks like a bag lady! I have never, ever. seen Madeleine wear such an ugly mishmash of ill-fitting clothing with a hairstyle resembling someone pulled through a hedge backwards.
Old 12-04-2017, 07:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

The pieces are OK separately. They're a clash of textures together; the collar and uneven hem of the dress are distracting. I don't mind a loose updo but her hair looked messy with the headpiece, which is sweet to echo the design her mother and sister wore.
Old 12-05-2017, 03:01 AM
Nobility

Agree with Baron Brockdorf that the dress is certainly not memorably. Its a lovely maternity dress with perfect waistline for a pregnant woman and something that doesn't look like some voluminous tent...but you see it, you forget about it.
And truth to be told I'm getting tired of seeing her in pastels and this kind of collars and always covered to her neck. This collar is great but it should have been attached to a brighter monotone dress. I definitely hope she will wear something brighter/jewel-tone to the Nobels! And something that would allow her to wear a necklace. Or is it too much to expect now that she's what 6 or 7 months pregnant to wear v-neck gown?
Old 12-07-2017, 03:36 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
Djurens rätt (Animal Rights Sweden) at their Instagram:
"On Friday, Prince Gabriel was baptized and Princess Madeleine came in a coat made of Persian lamb. Persian is curly fur from newborn karakul lambs - the fur is taken from lamb slaughtered 3-6 days old.
All royals are role models and have a special responsibility. Dressing in fur is unethical and we hope we don't need to see it again. Princess Madeleine, take part and take responsibility for a pet-friendly world!"
https://www.instagram.com/p/BcPxTgag...by=djurensratt

Margareta Thorgren commented to Expressen:
- It is true that princess Madeleine had a lamb coat and it was made of older lamb. What I can say in general about lambskin is that it is something that many both wear and have in their homes and they are considered to be sustainable products. Besides that, I have nothing more to comment on.
Prinsessan Madeleine bar lammpäls under dopet _ Kungligt _ Expressen
Translation
How can somebody in their right mind wear something like that nowadays as a fashion statement?
How about thinking first and then spending on expensive labels?
Old 12-07-2017, 08:44 AM
Nobility

My cousin is strong animal rights activist, a vegan and wears nothing made of animal/natural fibre. So I am pretty familiar with the saying "How can somebody in their right mind wear leather shoes, animal fur, sleep on the pillow made of goose feathers and eat meat?? You know: Animals suffer and it is so cruel!!!". Not that I wear fur but I have a lambskin at my home (which was a present from my friend who raise sheeps. He says as the sheeps/lambs are raised for wool and food, then using lambskin is not like its the indiscriminate killing of animals. Okay, I guess vegans don't agree with that) but I am always pretty much like this during one of my cousin's lecturers.
I have a feeling that lots of people do not know origins of materials...not how the silk is harvested, where the wool comes from, nor how some animal farms treat their animals. When someone is buying fashion, they are not going into Valentino, Dior, Prada, Hermes and asking, "Where did this come from?". It's like when somebody goes and buys a diamond. They're not asking what mine it came from either. Yet we all seem to admire those glittering diamond tiaras, earrings, necklaces. Perhaps we should ask what we wear and how it was obtained more often and stopped being naive consumers? But to be honest if I started to worry about everything, then I'd be a lunatic soon.
Regarding Madeleine and her coat: quite honestly I didn't also first realize that it was a fur coat, it looked more like a velvet. But nothing stays a secret and its a lesson to be learned. And I think her haters dislike her anyway, it just another reason to dislike her even more because obviously she can never get anything right, especially compared to her-always-perfect sister who would never wear something like this :P