The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-15-2017, 02:20 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Both appearances Madeleine looked lovely!
I loved her blue hat, its so her and she wore it well.

Old 07-15-2017, 09:50 AM
Courtier

wow stunning!

Old 07-15-2017, 11:00 AM
Commoner

Wink royal ladies appearance..

the two dresses are lovely for a breezy lovely summer event.

and to be fair (even If I'm a fan of / and I follow more CP Mary of Denmark and the Monaco RF )Princess Madeleine one of the few royal ladies that master the game of displaying a complete appearance and attitude in such royal events at least in front of the press :)

anyway..I personally favor the blue dress , can anyone please ID the designers of the two outfits?
Old 07-15-2017, 07:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron Brockdorf View Post
wow stunning!
I love flowy, blowy, small floral prints like this in the summer. Just lovely. And I also like the shoes with.
Old 07-16-2017, 10:36 AM
Commoner

Madeleine really can carry her clothes, even a silly hat! Love her flowy dress. The concert dress is maybe a bit too much for the event, but she looks lovely anyway.
Old 07-16-2017, 11:20 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nora80b View Post

anyway..I personally favor the blue dress , can anyone please ID the designers of the two outfits?
Here’s info about both outfits:
Updated: Happy Birthday Victoria! — Swedish Royal Fashion
Old 07-17-2017, 10:18 AM
Majesty

The concert dress is stunning. Love the print.
Old 07-17-2017, 02:13 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

The dress Madeleine wore to the concert was very pretty. It reminds me of vintage wallpaper, but in a good way!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 07-17-2017, 02:37 PM
Heir Apparent

Good description, HereditaryPrincess! Her dress was lovely as was she. :)
Old 07-24-2017, 06:17 PM
Majesty

Official photo:

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg

From what I can see, I like the look. It's a great color.
Old 07-24-2017, 11:22 PM
Majesty

Lovely look but wrong time

Sorry but her and Sofia stand out like sore thumbs no matter how nice. They look like they missed the memo. Every other member, even Chris, is in blue.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:21 AM
Serene Highness

She looks fantastic and the similar colours she and Sophia are wearing add great contrast to what would otherwise be monochromatic and boring. The photographer either took some care in placing them all to get a visually interesting looking picture, or he/she had great luck. The contrast provided by Madeleine and Sophia adds depth to the picture and there's also the way the eye is drawn across the photo from Chris's black sweater to Victoria's baby's black shoes.
Old 07-25-2017, 12:59 AM
Majesty

Actually I found the photographers composition poor. Chris and Oscar barely noticeable in sea of blue. You have Madeleine and Sofia lumped together in one corner. It does very little to balance. If they were spread out further, and perhaps a better color like yellow, the effect would be more effective. Instead makes photo lop sided by drawing attention to one side.
Old 07-25-2017, 01:47 AM
Nobility

I must say that I'm so glad Madeleine and Sofia wore something else than pale blue! This way there was some other color than only pale blue and this picture did not remind me of some ugly school picture where everyone dressed in uniform.
As M & S wore pastel colors, then they helped to create harmonic picture and I do not think they stood out like sore thumb. Had they worn bright red/orange/green or clothes with busy pattern, then this would have been off but they didn't and the monochromatic light blue was not so annoying in my humble opinion as it could have been otherwise
Old 07-25-2017, 05:16 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I like Madeleine's outfit, particularly the skirt; but I do wonder why she and Sofia were not wearing blue like the others.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I like Madeleine's outfit, particularly the skirt; but I do wonder why she and Sofia were not wearing blue like the others.
I think they were asked to wear blue or beige. Obviously men wore blue shirts (who wears beige shirts?!). Mothers chose blue for their children, it's understandable. All royal ladies (except Victoria) chose something to add contrast to this sea of blue. But Victoria made bad choise. As a result this picture looks a little bit unbalanced.

British royals did the same with greater success http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...99_964x588.jpg
Old 07-25-2017, 11:51 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
I think they were asked to wear blue or beige. Obviously men wore blue shirts (who wears beige shirts?!). Mothers chose blue for their children, it's understandable. All royal ladies (except Victoria) chose something to add contrast to this sea of blue. But Victoria made bad choise. As a result this picture looks a little bit unbalanced.

British royals did the same with greater success http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2013/...99_964x588.jpg
Daniel wore a beige jacket earlier in the day when Victoria greeted the crowds which fits into the beige/blue theme youre suggesting.
Old 07-26-2017, 01:18 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR76 View Post
Daniel wore a beige jacket earlier in the day when Victoria greeted the crowds which fits into the beige/blue theme youre suggesting.
The group photo was taken in the morning before Victoria, Daniel, the children and the king and queen went to meet people at the other side of the Palace. You can see it when you save the photo. You can also see that king Carl Gustaf had a different shirt at the group photo than later on the day.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Old 07-26-2017, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post

Ah, that would make a lot of sense then. I agree that Victoria's choice of colour makes the picture look unbalanced.

Old 07-26-2017, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Official photo:

http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200....gahuset.se.jpg

From what I can see, I like the look. It's a great color.
I think this is a beautiful picture and shows a wonderfully happy family. I don't know why the theme was baby blue and why Madeleine and Sofia didn't wear it and I don't feel like searching this thread for the answer. There is no need to compare the SRF to the BRF and the later shouldn't even be mentioned IMO. I feel that Silvia and CG look like grandparents rather than monarchs.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012

Tags
princess madeleine, princess madeleine daytime fashion, princess madeleine eveningwear, princess madeleine fashion, princess madeleine hats