Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 5: May 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 5 of the thread for Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 4: December 2011 - May 2013 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

LadyFinn said:
Since king Carl Gustaf, queen Silvia and vice president Biden were there and higher in rank than Madeleine, I think she could have dressed more discreetly and not like "everyone, look at me". She is still a beautiful woman and everyone would have noticed her even though she would have dressed more discreetly. And especially because she decided to attend at this rather official event in the last minute. If she would have been the main honorary guest I wouldn't have minded her dressing like this.
I'm not sure what the point is here. Madeleine's gown was not outré in colour or style in any way. Are you saying that if her parents are present and the Vice President of the USA she should not wear red?

I think a quick look on the current affairs threads of many royals you will find ladies who are not the "star" of the evening dressed in red. From weddings to concerts, Nobel presentations and gala's, etc.

Yes, I would understand if people get upset if she wears red at a sad event like a funeral,or when the dress code expects everyone to wear muted colours or when she visits a place where a tragic thing has happened etc. but I do not think she did anything wrong here-no risky decolleté ,no ultra-short skirt or strange cut-outs and no ridiculous head gear....

I have some reservations to wear a bright red or white at a wedding-because I would not like any guest to steal my show or also wear white when I am the bride, but for any other occasion I do not mind the colour as long as the cut and design is not too revealing.

I understand the no white at a wedding , but a guest can wear any color there is no way that is going to take away from the bride.

My cousin had specified only red or black could be worn at her wedding to which I retorted there will be no red or black at mine....

Anyway I liked Madeline's dress...

The princess looked lovely in the red dress. A very beautiful bride-to-be...I think this style of dress suits her very well.

LOVED her in the red dress!

The earrings, not so much.

And if she just HAD to wear her hair swept to the side, I wish it would've been more anchored/smoothed at the back of her head.

She is much prettier than the dress. The color is fine, her hair is unremarkable, as most young people, today. The dress is second rate, not a winner, Madeleine outshines the dress. Looks like something you can get off any rack.

She looked absolutely stunning in that red dress! One of her best looks.

Madeleine at the publishing of the banns, in a dress designed by Pär Engsheden (who designed Victoria's wedding dress).
http://media.shootitlive.com/2gJAIzm063777lYeL05fTeBlxKj/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1365
http://media.shootitlive.com/VdnOwDNWLpaWmgYZYsyVbryS4ej/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1365
I don't like the shiny material for the church service, the colour is lovely. This kind of dress isn't Madeleine's style at all and she looks uncomfortable in it. And I wish she had had her hair up.

Last edited:
I don't think she looks uncomfortable , I like the color I don't mind the shine the dress is just not great.

Oh dear, this dress isn't good, far too shiny{which always emphasises even the slightest excess weight}, and the flaps are simply horrible.

Sad that on this special day, she is eclipsed by her elder sister !

I like the color and neckline however I don't like the dress. I really dislike the fabric and I wish she wore a dress like Victoria's.

I like the colour and style of her dress, not sure about the fabric but overall I think she looks lovely. Nervous but still lovely. I love the colour and style of her hair and her bow/fascinator was very attractive. The way her hair waved down on one side over the neckline and her collarbone made her look quite ethereal.

We won't mention the flap thingees!

Oh dear, this dress isn't good, far too shiny{which always emphasises even the slightest excess weight}, and the flaps are simply horrible.

I am sorry I simply do not see what you mean - the peplum is ultra fashionable and Princess Madeleine has no excess weight to accentuate! The colour and fabric are both lovely, it is an important day in her life, so of course the shiny fabric is appropriate.
It is not a competition and Crown Princess Victoria also looks lovely.

I agree with you. I don't like it!!!!

I don't have any objections with regard to the shiny fabric, but Princess Madeleine's dress could have been tailored less stiffly and exhibited a more romantic, not so angular design i.m.o.. Cf. her gorgeous dress at the wedding in Monaco http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/bg/Princess+Madeleine+Guests+arrive+Monaco+royal+N5XyLemCVJex.jpg. Its nested mini-sleeves and neckline as well as pleats running further downwards (thus loosening the skirt part) make quite a difference. Besides, I would have preferred an intricate updo.

Last edited:
Disappointing choice for Madeleine today. I assume it's a couture piece from the designer who could've done a better job. The shiny fabric is too shiny and its very stiff. The detailing on the side don't suit her and I agree with members, she looks uncomfortable. She looks like she can't move her arms to me.

I loved the color on her but thats about it. The headpiece looked bit silly. Would've been more appropriate on Estella in a few years.

Bad headpiece and dress design; the satin is too shiny and stiff. But it's a lovely color on her.

Last edited:
Everything is said already :-(
On the positive side: great colour, great neckline, hair and hairornament isn´t bad :)
BYe Bine

Great colour, good style, love the neckline, ignore the shine.

She didn't select it with photographs in mind, maybe she should have done but she didn't. When looked at without flash I think it's probably stunning. Friend of mine chose pale pink silk (with sheen) for her going away outfit at her wedding. She looked great, the pix were awful cos it just reflected all the light back.

She looks v happy but she should tell her mother and sister in law to ditch the flower pots.

It is not a style she would normally choice but I think for the occasion it is really pretty mint suits her the style50's very retro I like it .

Madeleine at the publishing of the banns, in a dress designed by Pär Engsheden (who designed Victoria's wedding dress).
http://media.shootitlive.com/2gJAIzm063777lYeL05fTeBlxKj/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1365
http://media.shootitlive.com/VdnOwDNWLpaWmgYZYsyVbryS4ej/1200.jpg?project_id=aftonbladet/1365
I don't like the shiny material for the church service, the colour is lovely. This kind of dress isn't Madeleine's style at all and she looks uncomfortable in it. And I wish she had had her hair up.

I quite like this dress. I think it would have looked better without the pleats. The colour is lovely on Madeleine and the neckline suits her. I think the dress isn't that shiny in life, it's probably just the flash photography making it to appear so shiny.
I like the hairdo, make-up and the little bow on a side.

All in all I think Madeleine looked nice on her day.

Unfortunately, this dress isn't very flattering IMO. I also believe that the shininess comes from the flash of the camera. The top portion looks ill-fitting and I don't understand the flaps at her hips. On the bright side, the color is pretty.:)

Unfortunately, this dress isn't very flattering IMO. I also believe that the shininess comes from the flash of the camera. The top portion looks ill-fitting and I don't understand the flaps at her hips. On the bright side, the color is pretty.:)

The flaps are the peplum that is on the back of the dress.

Really is not the dress for her. I don't even like the color on her. It would be a wonderful dress for someone who is terribly underweight, with a boyish figure to create some curves. She already has a great figure, and this overemphasizes it.
I keep staring at her bustline...not a great design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom