Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 5: May 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Madeleine's dress was a little on the short side, but apart from that she looked lovely. I like the colour. Her dress seems to be very similar to Silvia's (expect Silvia's is in blue and is longer), I wonder if they're from the same designer.

I have to say I agree her dress was too short and not at all flattering for that reason I loved her head piece but also the sleeves seemed too tight when holding baby I don't know maybe it just me but again these girls have tons of help and she wears this Valentino too short and a bit too tight!! IMO

I loved the color and the head piece, but I have to agree with the others re the fit. It was also a bit short. It took away from the elegance of the dress. She looked soo happy and proud and that made all the difference. She is still a beauty..

A lovely outfit, but I think if the dress length hit the knee it would have looked better.

June 8, 2014 - Madeleine in Valentino.

This is not the best flattering dress for her body shape but her overall looked great.

Full view ** Back view ** Close up ** Valentino dress
It's hard for a woman to pull off the slightly higher waisted, almost baby-doll style dress. But the colour was beautiful on Madeleine and her hair and her whimsey were delightful.

I loved the color and the head piece, but I have to agree with the others re the fit. It was also a bit short. It took away from the elegance of the dress. She looked soo happy and proud and that made all the difference. She is still a beauty..
You are right, it did take away from the elegance of the dress . . . and since the hem is scalloped lace, it had to have had it made that way. (It was, and obviously designed for a slim, long-legged, young woman under 24 or so).

A lovely outfit, but I think if the dress length hit the knee it would have looked better.
Fortunately holding Leonor in that beautiful Baptismal gown hid a multitude of sins. She was lucky that when she bent over to put Leonor in the cradle, only in-house photographers were present and minded her modesty.

The dress is to short for her, when I saw her bend over the cradle, opps, I hope no body saw that.......the color is great, the lace is so pretty, and the fit is all wrong for her. It seems to small for her on average.

The christening was beautiful and Chris looked like he was in 7th heaven, he so looks in love with his beautiful family. Hope she is finally happy!

Beautiful colour which suits Madeline's skin tone but I agree it was just an inch or two short to look elegant. It did look nice though against the christening gown when she was holding her daughter.

I agree with everyone else. It's a lovely dress but it's not ideal for Madeleine at this stage.

Even so, Madeleine looks the way a new mother should look which is radiant. I have never seen her look happier, not even on her wedding day a year ago today!:whistling:

And I love it that she has bucked the trend among celebrities who have just given birth to see if they can squeeze back into a size 2 in record time.;)

Beautiful colour which suits Madeline's skin tone but I agree it was just an inch or two short to look elegant. It did look nice though against the christening gown when she was holding her daughter.
Make that four or five and we'll split the difference.:D

I don't think it is a really good choice although Madeleine can almost get away with anything. Carrying a baby lifts a dress up also, luckily the robe is long and full. Compared to Victoria and the outfit of family and godparents it would have been good to see her's up there with them imho.

Really loved the dress and never saw how short as she had the baby all the time.looks better with a little weight on her. Louise dress was gorgeous, not the hat, and who was the satin blue tiered dress, looks like skating outfit!

I agree with everyone else. It's a lovely dress but it's not ideal for Madeleine at this stage.

Even so, Madeleine looks the way a new mother should look which is radiant. I have never seen her look happier, not even on her wedding day a year ago today!:whistling:

And I love it that she has bucked the trend among celebrities who have just given birth to see if they can squeeze back into a size 2 in record time.;)

Count me in on your --- and apparently quite a few other people's! --- sentiments about a few aspects of Maddie's outfit (i.e., the bottom really could have been a few inches longer, etc.).

Just goes to show that beauty or not, no one can (or WILL!) hit everything out of the park all the time, fashion-wise.

And that, too, is OK.

What's MOST important is that she and Chris do appear to be completely, TOTALLY, over-the-moon happy, and the baby is absolutely GORGEOUS (seems to me like she got her daddy's lips! :lol:).

And yep, I, too, am LOVING it that she didn't show up looking like a spokesperson for Weight Watchers, or something.

To me, the BEST parts of her "fashion" for Leonore's christening were her evident happiness and new-mommy glow, and her "real", after-birth figure.

Other outfits are coming down the road somewhere for Madeleine that won't quite make the mark, I bet!

And we'll CERTAINLY be expressing our honest opinions on those, too!

:lol:

Last edited:
To Victoriadagen today, Madeleine wore a Vera Wang dress which can be found here.

I'm sure she looked lovely, but I am just not a fan of the sheer bottom on dresses. I would have to see more to make a fair judgement.

Very pretty dress,:) and I love the sheerness of it. Sexy yet, demur and pretty. Would love to see more pictures of her in it, standing up to see how it fit.

Wow! She looks so glamorous. Love, love her hair! I would like to see her full length..

:previous: I was well and truely surprised by the skirt . . . and not in a nice way, it looked like someone had thrown a voluminous hooped skirt over the svelte little black lace number. There wasn't enough colour in the top to tie into the skirt and the colour combination had the wierd effect of the black top making Madeleine look very slim and trim and the maroon/wine/??? skirt making her look disproportionately huge.

I don't think I have ever seen such a mish mash of style and colour where the skirt declated war on the top and was chowing down on black lace. Very evocative of Little House on the Prairie. Ugh, just horrid.

I love Madeleine's hair. She has beautiful, healthy and to die for hair but, with that dress it just continued the theme of the skirt, only her (gorgeous) voluminous hair was snacking on the lace top. As a rule I think any evening gown with a high neck needs either short hair or and updo, because when it's loose it's the focal point. All that glorious hair is warring with the intricate lace design.

Nooo! Madde what did you do?:lol:

Beautiful hair but hideous dress! She seemed much older and it wasn0t flattering at all:ohmy:

I think this is there worst look she has ever had... But IMO it's the first true fashion mistake so I'll give her a pass;)

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous:Great analysis of that gown, she looks a mess. As someone here said it reminded her of Kitty of Gunsmoke and she was spot on! She also had way to much make-up on, it looked really caked on in the pictures. She is a pretty girl and all this has distracted from her looks............

I think this is there worst look she has ever had... But IMO it's the first true fashion mistake so I'll give her a pass;)

That was definately a very, very, very bad choice.
But I think, she did not (yet) get her waist back after the birth. No Problem, I am not a fan of having 2 weeks after birth the weight back...... but there are much more flattering Dresses around - also for 2 Pounds more. Look at Mette-Marit :whistling:.....
BYe Bine

That was definately a very, very, very bad choice.
But I think, she did not (yet) get her waist back after the birth. No Problem, I am not a fan of having 2 weeks after birth the weight back...... but there are much more flattering Dresses around - also for 2 Pounds more. Look at Mette-Marit :whistling:.....
BYe Bine

I agree on this... She did the same with the dress she wore for Leonore's christening... I liked it but was too short for the event and it looked like it didn't fit...

Her hair really does look great, finally the perfect color. Love the top but yes with hair up would have been better. Skirt was a mistake, but not a tragedy

Oh dear. I am so disappointed now that I have seen the full length photo! The skirt ruined it for me, as well. It just looks, well, kind of cheap. I disagree about her make-up as I think she still looks beautiful. I just love her hair.

Like some others here, I do think Madeleine's outfit is a bit of a mess. The skirt is actually my favourite part of her outfit, it's the top that I think looks a little out of place. If the skirt had been a dress with no extra colours, then I would've liked her outfit. Her hair is alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom