Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 5: May 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I love this dress, and the shoe is not my favorite but not horrible either.

The dress she wore for the pre dinner was okay but not in My taste

I agree. She looked more romantic, glamorous and bride like at her sister Victoria's pre-nuptial gala a few years ago than she did tonight at her own.

I don't love or hate the gown but the shoes are a fright.. good heavens.

What has happened to Madeleine, she used to have wonderful dresses a couple of years ago? Nowadays she has had some really bad choices. That horrible Pär Engsheden dress at the banns didn't suit her at all, and now this Elie Saab. It isn't her style, there is too much happening at the dress and her shoes are superugly and don't match with the dress at all. I would like to also sometimes see a great updo on her and not always these loose curls. I expected a "wow"-factor from her, but this is far from that.
http://www4.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/King+Carl+Gustav+Queen+Silvia+Sweden+Host+znZTHvfhD1ix.jpg
http://www1.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/King+Carl+Gustav+Queen+Silvia+Sweden+Host+EhjIfoOk4Aex.jpg
http://www3.pictures.zimbio.com/gi/King+Carl+Gustav+Queen+Silvia+Sweden+Host+OvFTUWslYiKx.jpg
I agree. From someone who has attended more "Gala's" than most CP's and has dazzled with fabulous gowns and gorgeous hair, this is the pits.

Bedroom hair never looks elegant with evening wear and Madeleine has been one of the foremost exponents of how the nail that "Look" that says elegance and chic with her gowns and dressed hair. This just looks like she ran out of time and tucked her hair behind her ears and scrabbled around the bottom of the wardrobe to find some shoes . . . that unfortunately looked as elegant as army boots with that gown.

The gown itself was quite lovely and had Madeleine dressed her hair so we could see her shoulders and all the detail of the dress and slipped on some dainty heels we would not be whinging, but, from the best we expect the best.

This doesn't even look like her style. Compare it to that which she wore to Victoria's pre-wedding gala and then to the actual wedding. These were beautiful gowns, quintessentially Madeleine, even if it was the ubiquitous "Princess" look. But that was the Madeleine we knew. and I don't believe anyone but she chose those gowns. Now we see her in undressed hair and unflattering shapes . . . remember the black spidery thing? Ugh! Not her at all.

Which raises an interesting point. Is Madeleine trying to "distance" herself from her royal heritage and striving for a new image? That of a New York socialite with cutting edge style and dripping sophistication?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-5CEtE7QS7XQ/UbJas8H8rHI/AAAAAAAAXNg/cygNL2lwbGU/s1600/_family2.jpg

MARG, we sure are in one another's heads tonite. Madde used to be THE poster girl for princess glamour.

I think she is morphing into the look of a young NYC society matron, unfortunately.

That dress is great and I love her shoes.
To be frank,I prefer her loose her over Victoria poneytails.
Stepahnie of Luxembourg has worn that dress in another ELIE SAAB -ELIE SAAB HABILLE SAR LA PRINCESSE STEPHANIE, GRANDE-DUCHESSE HÉRITIÈRE DE LUXEMBOURGH
I prefer Madeleine color

Madeleine and Stephanie's dress are completely different in embellishments and the style.

I liked Madeleines dress, it suited her. Maybe a bit glittery compared to everyone else but this is her night and she should be in such an embellishment dress IMO. I don't mind her hair style, she wears it well. I just wish she went for different shoes.

I actually really liked the dress she wore at the dinner. It's one of those dresses that wows YOU if you see it up close. The details are astonishing, it just didn't look that way in the pics. But I do think she should've worn another color.

The dress itself was smashing. It was the way she accessorized it...shoes, jewelry and especially the HAIR were just wrong somehow.

I think she is planning to pull out the stops tomorrow...I might be needing to adjust my Top Five Royal Brides list again !

Yeah love the shoes but not with that dress. even the earrings were wrong.

The dress itself was smashing. It was the way she accessorized it...shoes, jewelry and especially the HAIR were just wrong somehow.

I think she is planning to pull out the stops tomorrow...I might be needing to adjust my Top Five Royal Brides list again !
We definitely are in each other's heads . . . those accessories, etc. were indeed just wrong! I would love to have seen her wear that dress with her old "Princess" style polish.

Here's hoping she will knock our socks off at the wedding!

I actually like the Elie Saab dress on Madeleine - the work and detail looks amazing and I like the colour. But she should have ditched the shoes they clash with the dress completely.

Agree that in the last few years (esp since her split from Jonas and her move to NYC and then engagement to Chris) her style has transformed. Once she was always in the typical princess style gowns now she has more to a more simple straightforward fashion.

I loved both dress on Madeleine. The pre-wedding dress reminded me of the Duchess of Cambridge's Jenny Packham.

Her wedding dress really beautiful. The only think I didn't like was the bottom dust ruffle. Even so the lace work on the bottom was so intricate and exquisite that I couldn't take my eyes off it. Most importantly, the dress didn't wear her, like Crown Princess Letizia's IMO. she wore the dress and looked AMAZINGLY beautiful and radiant.

Madeleine in black at the Valentino show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Haute-Couture Fall/Winter 2013-2014 in Paris on July 3, 2013.

** Full view ** Close up **

Her hair and makeup look nice, but that is one ugly dress. I particularly dislike the bottom half.

I agree with soapstar. Madeleine herself looks gorgeous, but I am just not sure about her dress.

It looks like something one would wear to a cocktail party with The Addams Family. :cool:

I agree with soapstar. Madeleine herself looks gorgeous, but I am just not sure about her dress.

It looks like something one would wear to a cocktail party with The Addams Family. :cool:

You are right on the mark. Bulls eye.

is the dress Valentino? usually guests of honor at a fashion show are gifted with something to wear from the designer (to wear at the show)

Maddie is a simply stunning, STUNNING woman!

Having said that . . .

The dress?

OK.

I LOVE soapstar's "Addams Family" reference!!!!

For me, it wasn't QUITE that bad, BUT . . .

I could have cheerfully and easily done WITHOUT the crystal pleating on that dress from the waist down to the top of the lace on the bottom. Frankly, it looks to me like a mad designer got drunk in his/her workroom somewhere, and ended up accidentally mixing two different dresses together.

If it just HAD to be a lacy-type deal, I wish it'd been like the TOP of the dress all over, clear to the bottom. THAT would've worked a WHOLE lot better, I think.

Also, I kind of wish it'd been some other color, rather than black. Nothing WRONG with black, but I just think she'd've looked SO much better rocking a fantastic bright color. I get a kind of funereal vibe from this particular dress, on HER.

Oh, well.

She IS lovely, so there's a LOT to be said for that!

Calm down. Designers are all fawning over the whole fan pleat thing just now. For those of us who have been around a while we cringe at that whole PLEAT-EY thing for the skirt - because we have seen it more than twice, now. It's quite popular for wedding dresses here in the US, if you can believe that.

It will pass. No one wears it the next time it comes into fashion.

When I want to wear pleats - I wear a kilt! But it took me a while to figure that out. Cut the Princess some slack. :)

Calm down. Designers are all fawning over the whole fan pleat thing just now. For those of us who have been around a while we cringe at that whole PLEAT-EY thing for the skirt - because we have seen it more than twice, now. It's quite popular for wedding dresses here in the US, if you can believe that.

When I want to wear pleats - I wear a kilt! But it took me a while to figure that out. Cut the Princess some slack. :)

:ROFLMAO:

Oh, I'm CALM, Admirer!

:lol::ROFLMAO:

Maybe it might've been better if I'd said the mad designer just threw two different dresses into a blender, turned it on, and this is what he/she pulled out??

:lol::D

Popular for US wedding dresses? :eek:

Wow.

OKaaaaaayyyyyyy!

Y'learn somethin' new every day!

I promise faithfully that I'll try harder to cut Maddie some slack!

:flowers:

But, I gotta tell ya, when you're as lovely as SHE is, it's kinda hard to see her wearing something that makes you go . . .

"HUH? Did she NOT check that in a mirror and have a question or two come up in her mind about it BEFORE she headed out the door?"

Just sayin'!

:ROFLMAO:

One of the good things about being a beauty is that you can get away with the occasional sartorial "MISS".

I've seen it happen to Charlene of Monaco as well as her niece Charlotte Casiraghi...and it happens to Madde quite often lately. :sad:

The top part of the dress is lovely but the bottom skirt of the dress looks more like a night dress, the fabric is too shiny to. I like her hair, suits her that style and her make up is quite nice.

Not sure what I think I don't love it but I could really hate it jury out...

I really like the black Valentino, it really suits her very well, she is now very thin and she looks her best in years!!!!:flowers:

Madde looks gorgeous, regarding the dress I am with most other posters, the top is beautiful but the skirt is strange.

The top and bottom are a mishmash of styles, but Madeleine is such a beauty that she overcomes this odd look.

Last edited:
I was very disappointed. IMO, the whole look just did not work. She looked overdressed, her make was far too loud, the pearls did not work with the ensemble, and I thought the dress was just bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom