Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 5: May 2013 - February 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with other posters. The skirt is all wrong, it makes Madde look HUGE. A most unflattering outfit. Madde herself looks beautiful.

This dress is a total miss for me, too. It doesn't even look comfortable; it looks like something out of 1970s continental fashions.

To me, this isn't so much a case of:

What was she thinking?

As:

What had she been DRINKING?

Gorgeous as Maddie is, THIS outfit was an epic fail that NO amount of jaw-dropping beauty was going to save.

Better luck next time, hon.

SMH.

Madeleine's dress is a total mess. The parts don't look good together. And it looks very "heavy", with her hair hanging down. An updo may have saved the look a little.
The outfit is from swedish designer Ida Sjöstedt.
AW14 |

Not liking this look at all...or the fact that I feel the need to say so.

Not liking this look at all...or the fact that I feel the need to say so.
Weird isn't it that this particularly spectacular speedbump on Madeleine's fashion road is just so awful, such an incredible "ouch it seered my eyeballs" moment that we just can't help ourselves.

I think it is because 99% of the time we critique her outfits, we like or dislike some small jarring note. Perhaps the shoes or the hair and there have been times when everything just hit the perfect note. But this time is like everything that could be wrong, was and it looks horrid.

I can't remember Madeliene ever wearing an emsemble that was found to be uttlerly repellent by so many people.

So I'm just going to retreat to my happy place until the next photos remind us of just have terrific she can be.

Well, I don't find it utterly repellant, and the fact that it is an outfit, by a Swedish designer, softens my dislike a lot more than if shr chose the skirt and top together herself.

I don't find it utterly repellent, either. The model in the photo has her hair down, as well, which doesn't make it right. It just shows that it is the way the designer likes it to look. I don't think that it is possible for Madeleine to ever look horrid as she is such a beautiful woman. A mistake? Yes. Utterly repellent? NO!

:previous: Madeleine is a very attactive woman and has years of dressing for public occasions under her belt. Some of her gala gowns made her look innocent and princessy, others were very chic, yet others were stunningly sophisticated and others pure romance.

When a woman has that sort of track record it makes the misses so much more noticeable and you end up thinking "huh . . . what was she thinking?" A definite speed bump!

Last edited:
She looks very matronly - that outfit is for a retired society grande dame! I prefer her hair a little lighter and less bouffant, personally.

September 8, 2014 - Madeleine in a black dress with hair left open attending a fundraising dinner for Childhood Foundation.

The dress is nice but it somehow is aging. Madeleine should've pulled her hair up with such a dress.

Full view 1 ** Full view 2

This gown ages her, it is too old for her. And she is wearing a ton of make-up, not a good thing. She used to wear light gowns/clothes and now it's dark.

September 8, 2014 - Madeleine in a black dress with hair left open attending a fundraising dinner for Childhood Foundation.

The dress is nice but it somehow is aging. Madeleine should've pulled her hair up with such a dress.

Yes, Madeleine would have looked better in one of her usual pastels, even in that dress, which is sylistically something she would choose. But in black, its only redeeming virtue was it's slightly scooped neckline.

I am not a fan of hair down at formal events but, if I had to choose one princess who could pull it off, it would be Madeleine. Thanks to a can of industrial strength hairspray, it was a great "do". Her face was clearly visible with her hair styled back from her face as it was, allowing her earrings to be clearly seen. But I have to admit, she has a heavy hand with the makeup.

Actually, both sisters should be taking a leaf out of their mother's book of evening fashion. It has colour.

The black outfit is better than the outfit before but I agree, it ages her a lot. Far too matronly for her age. Again, Madeleine herself looks beautiful.

Well, her mother looked better than she did. The make up is not flattering and the lace placement in stripes down the front of the dress is not flattering. This is way too much lace for her. Lace and froufrou puts on the pounds.

i think Maddie is struggling with her post baby weight ans so she's unsure about how to dress for it!

The dress is from Ida Sjösted's Spring Summer 2015 line. It has been modified, as most dresses the Royal wear are, as the original dress was completely see-through.
http://teresa.elle.se/files/2014/08/ida-sjöstedt.jpg

ALSO- I have loved Madeleine's last 2 dresses. I think she looks amazing in them. They are probably not a dress I would wear but I love them and think she looked very good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Her Gala dresses are too mucht sofisticated, too much going on , she should keep it simple beacause she has a natural beauty that enhance a dress! she doesn't need to mucht to look good!

I also think she is struggling to lose the baby fat. I think she is wearing black thinking it makes her appear thinner, but it is definitely not her best color. She also has on way too much makeup. I like this dress better than the last one she wore, but it still isn't up to her usual standards. Madeleine is such a beautiful princess and it doesn't take much for her beauty to show!

In general, I think Madeleine looks wonderful and I love her dress, but I would love it even more without the lace. There's just something "off" about it IMO. I also agree with udyusa in regards to Madeleine and baby weight - I'm not an expert in this field as I have never had a baby (but hopefully I will one day) myself, although I understand that for some women, it's harder to lose than others. I think it has been harder for Madeleine (Zara Tindall in Great Britain is the same, IMO).

The dress is very lovely. I also love her hair and makeup.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom