Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 8: November 2017 - July 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 8 of the thread for Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Madeleine's Fashion & Style, Part 7: June 2016 - October 2017 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

Not a fan of the coat...wish we could see the dress!

LaRae

She's pregnant, so I'll give her a pass. The colour is great, but I don't know about the coat....

I love Madeleine's outfit today. Her dress is from Valentino.

I wish Madeleine had choosen different coat because it looks like something an elderly lady would wear, so it looks kinda out of place on someone of Madeleine's age but this look has grown on me, and I do not think she looks horrible! No, she looks very beautiful, elegant and glowing. Her outfit isn't eye-catching like Victoria's red outfit, yet, Madeleine isn't blandly fading into backround either. Glad Madeleine's hair were up in lovely soft updo!

Last edited:
I think the coat would look great with a monotone simple outfit underneath.

Her hair and hairornament are really beautifil IMO.

She certainly doesn't look horrible, but the coat is not the best choice with that dress. Other than that she looks very beautiful, lovely dress and lovely hairdo!

The coat is horrible to say the least.
Can't see the dress on her, but from what I see isn't great.
It's a pity coz she's such a beauty.

So much money to spend, so little taste. Very ugly outfit for Madde.

I love the coat and her hair. What we could see of the dress looked cute, except for the collar which seems out of place, but I always find that Valentino tends to gild the lily a bit. She is truly stunning.

Both the coat and the dress are awful. I did love her hair and shoes however.

I actually loved both pieces seperately. The coat isn't so bad, I can see it with an off white blouse, and a pair of black pants and scarf, but not paired with this dress. Too many competing patterns and textures. Although I loved her hair and "hat", those were so pretty and feminine for this christening.

:previous: Add the head thingie and I agree. All of it together was a lot to take in. Any of the 3 pieces with something more sedate would be fine. This looked a little artsy floral loving designer boutique on steroids.

But she was pretty, and proud and for me that makes up for a lot. It definitely looked better outdoors than indoors - a lighting issue I am sure.

Princess Madeleine at the christening of Prince Gabriel today, December 1:
** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

I love the coat! :flowers: So interesting in the fabric's texture and color. Never a fan of raglan sleeves but in this case I think the whole of it works. Love the color and the hair with ornament/hat. (Curious aspect is the red 'collar', seems disjunctive with coat and dress, a puzzle though maybe its meant to link to the red of Sofia's dress and Victoria's and Estelle's).

Last edited:
The fabric of the coat is a bit messy, but the colour is really pretty and suits Madeleine's complexion well. I can't see her dress well but from what I can see, I like it.

Amazingly poor showing. Very expensive clothes doing nothing for her. The coat didn’t fit, the color was not for her, messy hair looked like she was in a windstorm. Maybe the dress underneath was ok with the odd collar. What a fashion victim, a real good example of it. Shame on you Valentino

I actually quite like the coat. Lovely color and I even like the texture to it. Its big but it is a maternity coat.:flowers:

But it needs something much simpler under. It is way too busy otherwise. :sad:

The dress the pattern is nice but the collar is awful. Dress seems childish. :ermm:

Her hair looks beautiful but I hate the thing on her head.

I just love the coat, I saw this very coat in a deep rich black and it was beyond gorgeous, same style and everything just a different color and I wanted it...:lol:, the dress from what I see is very unusual and perfect, it takes great sewing skills to put that kind of detail in a collar no less, and the way the front is put together from what I see is pleats doing down is very hard to do. I would love to see the entire dress for I bet it is gorgeous also. Only thing is that whatever is on her head, twisted fabric with a flower did not go for me. She is one very beautiful lady and carries herself well. In all with Madeline she looked like a lovely young lady as always.

Not her best look, but certainly not horrible. Expressen named her best dressed yesterday, and Victoria worst, which goes to show how subjective these sort of things are.
https://www.expressen.se/nyheter/kungligt/de-kladde-sig-bast-pa-kungliga-dopet/

This sight claims that the coat cost 8000 euros, not 14 like svenskdam claimed, still very expensive, but thats almost half the price and according to the same site, its sold out since yesterday
https://www.polyvore.com/valentino_...c=pinterest&id=186824792&utm_campaign=default

Her hair, headpiece, and above all her face are absolutely stunning
https://www.svenskdam.se/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/madeleine-tt-5.jpg

I would have loved to see the dress without the coat, because I love the mix of pale pink and green.
Am not a fan of the coat because it's fur, but the color is okay for the dress.
The hair is a bit too messy for my taste and I am not a fan of the hairband but I think the overall look is appropriate and typical Madeleine.

I think this type of dusty, light pink is not for her. I think this would have been better had it been more purple or a statement pink.

Oh my...I think the dress is worse than the coat!

LaRae

Except for he wonky hemline, I like it.

I don't care for the collar, but other than that, it's a lovely dress. Perfect waistline for a pregnant woman.

:sad::ohmy: oh oh, that one is worse than ugly....
BYe Bine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom