Princess Mabel's Fashion and Style Part 1: November 2006 - September 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mabel likes to dance to a totally different drummer when it comes to fashion.

Personally, the females of the House of Orange dress to a totally different drummer, in my opinion. Princess Margriet and her daughter in laws have a more "normal" taste in clothes.

I am not knocking the, I am just stating an opinion. I know, the world would be so bland if we all dressed alike.

I like the shoes. I think if she took the tights out and wore different shoes and put her hair up and lost the glasses it would have looked good. But this look is a disaster.

She looks like she has a shawl with her, I hope she covered up before entering the cathedral.

This is bad - even for Mabel. :eek:

She looks like she has a shawl with her, I hope she covered up before entering the cathedral.

This is bad - even for Mabel. :eek:

Very BAD! From the color of the trousers it looks like she has jeans on. She looks terrible.

I'm shocked too. Too bad, cause the top part is beautiful - could be a beautiful gown. She would just need to cover her shoulders with a shawl during the ceremony and that's it... Thumbs down!

I wonder what Queen Beatrix, Maxima, WA, Laurentien, Johan-Friso and Constantine think about this? Did they say anything to her? This outfit is just terrible. A disgrace to the House of Orange and disrespectful to the Bernadotte/Westling families.

Just a hideous outfit! No redeeming features at all. What was she thinking????

TOO Stupid for words.......!!!!!!!

I have been thinking about this all day, and in addition to this outfit being just plain AWFUL. I, for one also find it very disrespectful.

This is a very formal Royal wedding....Victoria and Daniel (and Sweden's as well) special day and she wears this outfit?! Maybe I am being a tad bit sensitive but I find it insulting...you think Victoria's wedding is a joke? I don't know if she is trying to stand out apart from the crowd or making some type of fashion statement....this wasn't the place to do it. Didn't people put a little effort into HER wedding?

The fact that she wore trousers was not disrespectful. Remember the first one ever to wear trousers at a royal wedding was 34 years ago today by Carmen grandaughter of Franco. It made big waves back then. It was Victoria's parents. However that peekaboo tulle concoction leaves me.....speechless.........

But if you are going to wear trousers...then wear trousers. Don't do what she did. Trousers, strapless top and tons of tulle.

I don't think that is appropriate for a formal Royal event (but that is certainly my opinion) but I think this was about standing out and making a fashion statement at Somebody's else's moment.

Inappropriate and disrespectful to the House of Orange too. I agree with Zonk here. What does she think? That the wedding of a European CP is just like a celebrity/fashion party?! Heaven help us!

I am not siding with Mabel whose sense of taste is almost non existent. The whole outfit was bizzare, I just mentioned the issue of the trousers.
However as I was watching the guests at the dinner table there are so many faux pas fashionwise, one could fill a book. All that cupcake effect of bosoms and arms and upper backsides pouring over the strapless gowns are a sight for sore eyes...Still...This is Mabel's thread...At least her top was impeccable..

I get that Mabel is fashion risk taker. I, personally, am a conservative dresser...that's her and thats me (of course, I don't have her budget either but thats ANOTHER THREAD!).

Sometimes I get and appreciate her fashion savvy (not the wedding bows though) and sometimes I don't. This is one of those times.

As I said, I don't think this was the event to make a fashion statement. To me it reeks of Look at me!

And yes, I agree about the tons of fashion faux pas that are running around...but you didn't notice it at first right? You noticed this.

I understood your point, Odette. We don't disagree here.:flowers: And you're so right: so many faux pas indeed! ;) Mabel's stood out a bit more.

Her outfit is an embarrasment to the House of Orange, the Queen, the Netherlands and an insult to Sweden, the Bernadotte/Westling families and to Victoria and Daniel.

Whatever statement she was trying to make today was the wrong day. Even her husband looked miffed.

I wonder what Queen Beatrix, Maxima, WA, Laurentien, Johan-Friso and Constantine think about this? Did they say anything to her? This outfit is just terrible. A disgrace to the House of Orange and disrespectful to the Bernadotte/Westling families.

Really, I hate to say it, but on any given day, Beatrix, Maxima and Laurentien can't say anything. Laurentien's wedding outfit was horrible, HM's outfit for the concert, :ohmy:

Maxima was ok for both functions.

But I do agree, Mabel, hideous.

I hate to be so mean, but she really shouldn't be allowed to attend royal functions if she cant dress appropriately, it seems very disrespectful. Would she wear that to her own wedding?? Oh wait...she probably would if she hadn't of found that bow monstrosity that she ended up with!

Mabel is arguably one of the worst dressers I've ever seen. She can't put anything together correctly. Wearing pants to a wedding is fine, if it's part of a dress suit of some kind. Putting on a ballerina outfit and slapping pants on underneath just reeks immaturity and frankly, a lack of intelligence. This is someone's wedding and while they may not be a part of your family/royal house, you still show respect for the host country, the host family and of course, the bride and groom.

She should be utterly ashamed of herself.

Mabel always seems to be dressed as though she is going to a costume party. I bet that when these types of events come around the other guests probably wonder what she's going to wear and anticipate the next gaudy outfit. I have to admit that she would be very good for comic relief.

IMHO Mabel's choices are like a desparate cry for attention. Whereas Laurentien has a quirky personality and fashion-sense throughout her life and career as a princess, Mabel seems to intentionally choose when she is going to pull one of these complete f***ups. This wedding, the red fringe thing at Harald's birthday, and several other high profile events where she seems to have one mission - be the one most talked about. Well, mission accomplished, Mabel.

Laurentien, for her quirkiness, actually has a personal style. It may not always be to everyone's taste, but for the most part it is appropriate. The torpedo-boob thing at Frederik & Mary's wedding was a nightmare, but with the correct bra and correct fit, it would have just been unusual and regardless it was still appropriate to the occassion.

Her gown yesterday, I actually kind of liked. It fit her personality, stood out without screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!" and was definitely appropriate for an international state event in a religious venue.

Mabel must really have self-esteem issues, knowing that she married the least popular son of Beatrix, had her own appropriateness issues with her past, IMO is the least attractive of the dinlaws, and having Maxima as crown princess who usually gets it right. Mabel's inferiority complex needs to improve or she needs to be excluded from representing the Netherlands at high-profile events. She is an embarassment to the monarchy and the country.

Better yet, they should throw a huge birthday party/anniversary for her and then everyone send their chief of laundry and household cleaning as representatives...all wearing cut-off jeans, wife-beaters, tube tops, and flip-flops. Wait...scratch that...Mabel would fit right in.

Eek!! I didn't notice the trousers when she arrived - now, that's really awful!

Are these Dutch Princess on some special drug that makes them see themselves totally as they are not?This gown is so totally horrible [and she has worn some horror shows, her own wedding dress for one] and init she looks fat and plain and rather older than she is the colour ,those dark panels what is going on. I am just overwhelmed with this sense of embarrassment for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom