The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-19-2010, 06:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
I wonder what Queen Beatrix, Maxima, WA, Laurentien, Johan-Friso and Constantine think about this? Did they say anything to her? This outfit is just terrible. A disgrace to the House of Orange and disrespectful to the Bernadotte/Westling families.

Really, I hate to say it, but on any given day, Beatrix, Maxima and Laurentien can't say anything. Laurentien's wedding outfit was horrible, HM's outfit for the concert,

Maxima was ok for both functions.

But I do agree, Mabel, hideous.

Old 06-19-2010, 06:49 PM
Nobility

I hate to be so mean, but she really shouldn't be allowed to attend royal functions if she cant dress appropriately, it seems very disrespectful. Would she wear that to her own wedding?? Oh wait...she probably would if she hadn't of found that bow monstrosity that she ended up with!

Be who you are And say what you feel Because those who mind don't matter And those who matter don't mind-Dr. Seuss
Old 06-19-2010, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mabel is arguably one of the worst dressers I've ever seen. She can't put anything together correctly. Wearing pants to a wedding is fine, if it's part of a dress suit of some kind. Putting on a ballerina outfit and slapping pants on underneath just reeks immaturity and frankly, a lack of intelligence. This is someone's wedding and while they may not be a part of your family/royal house, you still show respect for the host country, the host family and of course, the bride and groom.

She should be utterly ashamed of herself.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-19-2010, 09:13 PM
Nobility

Mabel always seems to be dressed as though she is going to a costume party. I bet that when these types of events come around the other guests probably wonder what she's going to wear and anticipate the next gaudy outfit. I have to admit that she would be very good for comic relief.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:30 AM
Nobility

IMHO Mabel's choices are like a desparate cry for attention. Whereas Laurentien has a quirky personality and fashion-sense throughout her life and career as a princess, Mabel seems to intentionally choose when she is going to pull one of these complete f***ups. This wedding, the red fringe thing at Harald's birthday, and several other high profile events where she seems to have one mission - be the one most talked about. Well, mission accomplished, Mabel.

Laurentien, for her quirkiness, actually has a personal style. It may not always be to everyone's taste, but for the most part it is appropriate. The torpedo-boob thing at Frederik & Mary's wedding was a nightmare, but with the correct bra and correct fit, it would have just been unusual and regardless it was still appropriate to the occassion.

Her gown yesterday, I actually kind of liked. It fit her personality, stood out without screaming "LOOK AT ME!!!" and was definitely appropriate for an international state event in a religious venue.

Mabel must really have self-esteem issues, knowing that she married the least popular son of Beatrix, had her own appropriateness issues with her past, IMO is the least attractive of the dinlaws, and having Maxima as crown princess who usually gets it right. Mabel's inferiority complex needs to improve or she needs to be excluded from representing the Netherlands at high-profile events. She is an embarassment to the monarchy and the country.

Better yet, they should throw a huge birthday party/anniversary for her and then everyone send their chief of laundry and household cleaning as representatives...all wearing cut-off jeans, wife-beaters, tube tops, and flip-flops. Wait...scratch that...Mabel would fit right in.
Old 06-20-2010, 10:36 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Eek!! I didn't notice the trousers when she arrived - now, that's really awful!
Old 06-20-2010, 11:18 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melibea View Post
Wedding

Outfit
And she had that silly look on her face: 'Hey, I got you!'
Old 06-20-2010, 03:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Are these Dutch Princess on some special drug that makes them see themselves totally as they are not?This gown is so totally horrible [and she has worn some horror shows, her own wedding dress for one] and init she looks fat and plain and rather older than she is the colour ,those dark panels what is going on. I am just overwhelmed with this sense of embarrassment for her.
Old 06-20-2010, 04:49 PM
Courtier

If I tried something like this my hubby would have told me we are not going until you find something decent to put on. Time to grow up Mabel and be a princess when attending events such as the wedding of a CP. The Queen needs to gather up her daughters-in-law and tell them all time to shape up.
Old 06-20-2010, 05:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Like I said in the wedding thread, maybe she wanted a little attention.
I really don't want to think that someone could have such a yucky sense of style.
Old 06-20-2010, 07:54 PM
Serene Highness

She has to have a bad sense of style why else would you wear such a awful outfit. Even if she wanted attention she could have worn an appropriate gown
or she could have been daring and worn a tuxedo.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

If she wanted attention and to be different she had other options than to go out and look like a joke.
Old 06-20-2010, 08:16 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by dee4855 View Post
If I tried something like this my hubby would have told me we are not going until you find something decent to put on. Time to grow up Mabel and be a princess when attending events such as the wedding of a CP. The Queen needs to gather up her daughters-in-law and tell them all time to shape up.
Ah Dee, I sure do agree with you on this one [of course we do agree on most]. For some reason the Dutch CPs seem to walk to the tune of a different drummer on most occasions. But, their husbands don't seem to mind at all, unless they have nothing to say about it.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:15 AM
Royal Highness

The outfit, on it's own, isn't bad. It's just cvompletely inappropriate for a royal white-tie church wedding - pants, low cut, bare shoulders. Maybe she should have worn it to the concert instead. Laurentien's dress this time was on the ugly side, very loud, but at least appropriate! Did Maxima get the only good stylist in the country?
Old 06-21-2010, 07:52 PM
Courtier

Like everyone on the board, I think Mabel hasn't any fashion sense and seems hell bent on making some point at every large scale royal event. She certainly is very selfish, self-centred. There isn't a word to describe the 'thing' she wore...
Old 06-21-2010, 07:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the name of the thread should be changed to "Princess Mabel's Fashion Victim and No Style Part 1: November 2006 --"
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 06-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister Morphine View Post
I think the name of the thread should be changed to "Princess Mabel's Fashion Victim and No Style Part 1: November 2006 --"

LOL that works soooo well for her!
Old 06-23-2010, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I really dont know what she was thinking when she left the hotel for the wedding because that trouser/dress combo was awful - was she expecting to make the all time worst dressed list at any royal wedding

Old 08-29-2010, 04:37 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Funeral of The Duke of Parma

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 08-29-2010, 02:11 PM
Heir Apparent

I love her shoes. I think they're Roger Vivier?

Tags
fashion, princess mabel, style