Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2: July 2008 - February 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dazzling

Former Moderator
City
-
Country
France
Welcome to Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 2
previous thread

Here are some important TRF
Community Rules & FAQ's
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
  • Empty posts, that is posts that do not add or contribute to the discussion, will be deleted without notice.
If you have any questions, please contact a member of the moderating team.

Happy posting!:flowers:

Royal House of Fashion Moderators
Mandy, TheTruth, kwanfan, Glitteringtiaras & dazzling

Last edited:
Madeleine victoria I have noticed the same too .Although she still being thin,her face looks more rounded (than usual)and different in the lasts weeks. Maybe we have news soon........

Black is not the best choice for summer but the nights are not as warm as the days and I think it's a good option without abusing.The brooch puts the summer touch.

Does anyone know if designers give clothes to the princesses as gifts or do they purchase them all of them? I remember reading that somewhere I think.

Does anyone know if designers give clothes to the princesses as gifts or do they purchase them all of them? I remember reading that somewhere I think.

I have read that about Queen Rania but havent come across an article that says Letizia gets things. Im pretty sure she does get a few

Looking at her face she looks much better than lately as already in vacation mood ... but then ... black potatoe-sack dress with ugly SM-stripper shoes ... they might suit Victoria Beckham but look cheap and out of place on a future Queen.

Looking at her face she looks much better than lately as already in vacation mood ... but then ... black potatoe-sack dress with ugly SM-stripper shoes ... they might suit Victoria Beckham but look cheap and out of place on a future Queen.
Oh I got bashed for saying something similar! I couldn't agree with you more...:whistling:

Her face is rounded because it looks like she put some botox or restylane on.
One day she was tired looking and the other was refreshed.
Look at the pictures.
She also did something on her lips.

I so hoping none of the royals adopt these Louboutin shoes!!!!!!!!!

I have an ambiguous attitude toward the black bubble dress (I hope I am correct in the definition).
Crown Princess Letizia looked happy, unconventional. In other words, she finally dared to wear something, let us say, bold. On the other hand, I tend to agree with Duke of Marmalade that this dress is more appropriate for celebrities. I like the brooch and hairstyle. Gladiator-themed sandals looked a bit heavy on her feet though.

Her face is rounded because it looks like she put some botox or restylane on.
One day she was tired looking and the other was refreshed.
Look at the pictures.
She also did something on her lips.

She looks far from one who has stuffed Restalyne into her lips and injected Botox all over her face. Why is it when someone looks relaxed one immediately suspects fillers and injections as the overall cause? Come on, people... I mean really.

black potatoe-sack dress with ugly SM-stripper shoes

And you would know what the lastest shoes strippers are wearing, how?:D

DoM, her shoes do not look like stripper shoes and you know it.;)

She looks spectacular, other princesses have worn many times dresses similar like this one, and nobody said a word, but, ufffffffffffffff, Princess Letizia FOR SOME PEOPLE always goes wrong, no matter what she could be wearing, always there is something negative about her and her wardrobe.

I know EVERYBODY has the freedom for its own opinion, but come on, there are people that alway is in a annoying mood with princess Letizia, her thin body, her attitude, her, her and her.

I don't know it is what I have noticed some time ago.
And I'm not carzy, well, I think.:cool::ermm::)

The shoes are so ugly :sick: and are not appropriate for a princess.

Letizia looks beautiful and relaxed, the dress suits her very well but I don't like that outfit for a princess on a public event. It is perfect for a private party!

i liked the outfit and she looks happy and comfortable in it. the shoes are lovely, although i wouldn't combine them with that dress. i would certainly disapprove it if she wore it in madrid for an official evening event, but since it's in palma (one can see in felipe's or juan carlos' outfits that even theirs are informal), i believe it's appropriate.

this article was a nice read. it mentions letizia's comments (rather than thoughts of the journalists) from a private (informal) conversation between the princess and the journalist. she said that 'a few minutes before (the photoshoot) she was talking to the queen about the shoes and that a photo of herself falling would certainly outshine any other of the event'. she also said her wardrobe for the summer is by adolfo dominguez (who she seems to like for a long time ago, from her journalist times), armand basi and spanish high-street retailer mango (she was seen not long ago in a top by them). she refused to say where the yellow brooche came from and said that she doesn't sunbathe - nor do leonor and sofia. very wise choice, in my opinion, considering the high percentages of people with skin cancer. i believe mary doesn't sunbathe either and has taken an active role in campaigns of sun awareness.

The shoes are so ugly :sick: and are not appropriate for a princess.

I like the shoes AND they looked good on her, but you are right, they look a bit like "domina". They are okay for younger girls/ women ( for ex. Zara Phillips ) or rock stars, but not for princess eventhough it's a summerparty in her free time.

I loved the shoes. They are great for "off duty" occasions, fun, funky and with a little pizazz in them. I think many women (myself included) have shoes that we only wear when we work and then certain shoes when we go out with our spouses and want to add a little sexiness to our wardrobe. She has great legs so why not showcase them with a cool pair of shoes while on vacation? I'd much rather wear a pair of spectacular high heels than a blouse cut "down to here" or a skirt that shows my underwear when I get out of a car.

I loved the shoes. They are great for "off duty" occasions, fun, funky and with a little pizazz in them. I think many women (myself included) have shoes that we only wear when we work and then certain shoes when we go out with our spouses and want to add a little sexiness to our wardrobe. She has great legs so why not showcase them with a cool pair of shoes while on vacation? I'd much rather wear a pair of spectacular high heels than a blouse cut "down to here" or a skirt that shows my underwear when I get out of a car.

Oh thank goodness I thought that I was just about the only one who 'approved' of the shoes! :)

ITA. Letizia was on holiday so is at liberty to wear whatever she chooses. This wasn't a state function.

I've always been of the opinion that her personal wardrobe is the most fashionable and trendy of the CP's.

In light of the current tragedy, Crown Princess Letizia's somber brown-white-black dress was an appropriate choice. As far as I can judge, it has got a shirt-dress silhouette, which looked somewhat baggy on her.

I like the dress Letizia wore yesterday at the farewell dinner, it suits her very well.
El Mundo

I totally agree with you, LadyFinn! I really liked the print as well.

I like the dress Letizia wore yesterday at the farewell dinner, it suits her very well.
El Mundo

It is not an especially nice print (Neither is ugly in my opinion), however this is a very very becoming dress if you are tan, she looked very nice.I think that Letizia chose correctly.

I neither like or dislike the print. It does however, make her look less thin. She looks tanned and healthy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom