Princess Letizia's Daytime Fashion Part 17: December 2010 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
For me today's hairstyle looks rather too messy... Some close ups:

1 ** 2 ** 3 ** 4

She looks really elegant today :flowers:
This blue suits her a lot. Let's just forget about her hair. It's not the first time it looks horrible ;)

I really like what she is wearing, but I agree her hair was very messy, I wish she would wear her hair in a ponytail one in awhile.

Nice outfit, I would like to see the dress alone, hope she will recycle it soon. the hair, nothing special, indeed sleek ponytail could be better.
Hallelujah no more gray!

Very pretty color on Letizia. Where are the jewels? She has amazing aquamarine earrings that would have been perfect, and a brooch and she would have nailed it IMO. I guess the prince doesn't have to buy her jewels seeing as she never wears any.

This is a beautiful color and looks nice on Letizia. But instead of looking fantastic she just looks "ok" to me. Nothing extraordinary. And her hair is starting to look not just bad but horrible.

The entire outfit looks very nice but I wish she did something with her hair...

I can imagine the dress being very nice without the jacket but the jacket is also very well tailored & smart. I don't care if she also doesn't put effort into the hair but a good blow dry would be good, not stepping out like it was done a few days ago. I can imagine this whole look with a very soft/simple up-do. I do like the make up.

Does anyone know what the dress is made out of?

I like the outfit too. The jacket is well-tailored and the dress very elegant! Her hair looks awful, I can't believe she didn't notice it...:yuk:

I can imagine the dress being very nice without the jacket but the jacket is also very well tailored & smart. I don't care if she also doesn't put effort into the hair but a good blow dry would be good, not stepping out like it was done a few days ago. I can imagine this whole look with a very soft/simple up-do. I do like the make up.

Does anyone know what the dress is made out of?

Seems velvet.
If so - I hope to see the dress some day soon. Black and blue velvet dress must be gorgeous!

I don't like her two last Outfits at all :whistling:
She really can do better. But she definitaly needs a new haircut.

If she is spending that much on her wardrobe she is being robbed blind!;)
!

It's obviously a lie. She has been extremely modest, tabloids still came up with those lies on her spending. Imagine if she wore Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel, hanging jewels all over herself like her in-laws, what kind of lies the press would come up with ?

It's obviously a lie. She has been extremely modest, tabloids still came up with those lies on her spending. Imagine if she wore Valentino, Oscar de la Renta, Chanel, hanging jewels all over herself like her in-laws, what kind of lies the press would come up with ?

Thats an extreme nobody is asking for and something the inlaws dont do every day. For the ordinary event they all wear professional, good quality fashion, something that Letizia is obviously lacking. The fact that Queen Sofia wears lots of jewellery is a personal habit of hers, same here, its not the diamond fleur de lys brooch every other day.

Its not that Letizia doesnt wear designer at all, its not all Mango or Zara on her, she does wear Burberry, Loewe, Prada (at least accessories) or Boss from time to time; no couture, but not exactly cheap either.

Letizia stopped wearing quality fashion a couple of years before the alleged reproach that her budget is 20.000 Euros a month and I still dont believe that she took the decision to stop wearing couture after marriage because of media pressure but because of a personal strategy: to deflect as much from appearance as possible by wearing neat suits with matching handbag and pumps, what has failed completely. Whatever Letizia wears makes the headline, nothing unusual for a CP, but I think she was aiming higher. Maybe thats the reason for not putting any effort anymore into her appearance, because in the end it doesnt matter. The mags will come up with the usual headline, how stylish, how trendsetter-ish, because there is nothing else to say.

And because we have never seen Letizia dressed up like her inlaws in Oscar de la Renta, Valentino or Chanel it is still your personal assumption that the press would crucify her for doing so (hard to imagine in case the Queen wears similar couture at the same event).

It was a big mistake to stop wearing couture like Armani etc on high profile events; now, with the economic situation its almost impossible to start again. What I find shocking is that even the professional hairdo seems to be out of reach for a while now on state occasions. Since I havent heard that Letizia got mobbed by the media for styling her hair it seems to be her personal decision to stop doing so out of disillusion, see above, as little effort as possible.

Duke, if the tabloids could make up stories from nothing, how is so difficult from occasionally to every day ? I never said her in-laws shouldn't wear the foregin designer clothes, my point was that how the press would react if Letizia did the same, even occasionally like her in-laws ? We already knew how they did differently regarding the Armani clothes of Letizia and Cristina at their engagement day.

She had one Prada bag seen right after the engagement, possible her own before even dating Felipe. She was a professional working woman , who didn't own a luxurious bag or two for the type of job she held ? Her occasional clothes/accessories from Burberry (her black coat is 3 years old, worn a dozens of times) or Boss are rather modest, nothing to do with the likes of Oscar de la Renta, Valentino or Chanel.

I do wish she bought a couple of sets of Armani each year, even women in my office do that, unfortunately she no long does. Even so, someone in the press (M . Eugenia Yagüe) still made up of her constantly wearing Armani with special buttons removed. We have plenty of fashion 'experts' here, if Letizia wore Armani, we wouldn't know, with or without the buttons :cool: ?

I agree there is no excuse not getting the hair professionally done for big events.

Last edited:
Letizia could simply ignore all the tabloids & dress in whats she wants whether its Spanish designers or Foreign designers but she tends to want to please them. She will get criticized whether she does or doesn't & that is the case now.

letizia looks nice and happy. I like her hair and make-up.

I second dazzlings comment on the scarf (appealing pattern plus nice winterly colours) and boots but not on Letizia's black coat whose wavy edgings look fabulous i.m.o..
And yes, the Crown Princess has a great smile this time -like marymary mentioned!

It was a private occasion, so I don't mind the outfit. I love the boots on Letizia (they look brand new!), perhaps she should wear boots more often.;) The scarf is very stylish, the bag is ok. I'm not too fond of this leather coat either. It looks old-fashioned and kind of worn.

Leather coat, leather pants and leather boots, leather bag - leather overdose. ;)
However: the scarf is lovely and I quite like the boots. Letizia looked quite relaxed and happy which is nice to see.

Last edited:
I think she looks good. See the difference a smile makes.

Last edited:
I love this outfit, especially the boots and scarf.

Finally I see the Letizia I've been looking to for so long!
I love everything in her look and especially the pretty pattern of the scarf, boots, make-up and hairstyle!
Bravo Leti! :flowers:

She really looked great this time out! I love the coat. The scarf is pretty, although it does seem to overpower her with the bulkiness of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom