The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-10-2016, 05:39 AM
Heir Apparent

She is very normal!!!! Why Laurentien ?????

Old 09-10-2016, 01:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! I actually like it!

Old 09-10-2016, 01:35 PM
Heir Apparent

It is a bit too casual for an opening of the honourable Fryske Akademy. Especially for openings, first stones, ribbon-cuttings and that sort of things Dutch royals dress up (hat and/or gloves). Laurentien was pretty normal for her usual standards but she could have spiced it up a bit. She is a Princess of the Netherlands opening a building. Not thw lady-next-door. I miss that a bit in her way of dressing (also on Prinsjesdag or so).
Old 09-10-2016, 02:19 PM
Heir Apparent

One doesn't need to wear a hat and gloves to look professional or royal

Definitely time for Laurentide. I love the color of the sweater. And the dress seems quite nice. But the cut of the top seems odd with the cardigan, not a good pairing.
Old 09-10-2016, 06:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Laurentien's latest outfit is beautiful and I like how she has worn a plain dress but added a pop of colour to it with the purple cardigan. But I agree with those who have said this is rather conservative compared to Laurentien's usual outfits! Maybe she had the fashion equivalent of "writer's block" and just chose to go with something more ordinary yesterday

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-20-2016, 11:48 AM
Administrator

Princess Laurentien at the Prinsjesdag today, September 20. It was meant to be elegant, but to me it looks like widow's weeds:

** Full view **
Old 09-21-2016, 01:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Princess Laurentien at the Prinsjesdag today, September 20. It was meant to be elegant, but to me it looks like widow's weeds:

** Full view **

She's worn worse. Far worse sadly, so I'll take what is a pretty decent outfit from her any time. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 09-21-2016, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

How much worse can be done? Probably not!
Old 09-21-2016, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:

** Full view **
She has worn worse but this outfit is not flattering on the Princess and I don't care for the hat either.
Old 09-23-2016, 03:41 AM
Administrator

Back to the more colourful outfits : Princess Laurentien in Den Haag yesterday, September 22:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 09-23-2016, 03:48 AM
Heir Apparent

The pink coat is like a bathrobe!! And destroy for me all the appearance!!!
Old 09-23-2016, 04:32 AM
Heir Apparent

It is a most peculiar outfit but we must remember she is just doing things as a private person ("Laurentien van Oranje" promoting her book). Her real royal engagements, going out as HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands are very rare. Only a handful in a year.
Old 09-23-2016, 04:36 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:

** Full view **
The pink coat is really nice and the outfit underneath is great. One of her nicest looks recently.

The outfit to Prinsjesdag was actually really disappointing, looked like it came from a funeral scene from one of the movies. It was just too dark for such an event.
Old 09-23-2016, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The Princess on Prinsjesdag made her look like Catherine de Médicis ,todays outfit minus the pink coat was good by Princess Laurentien 'unique' wardrobe moments!
Old 09-23-2016, 06:17 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I've decided that I quite like the outfit Laurentien wore to Prinsjesdag. Whilst it's rather plain in the terms of colour, I think it fits her usual taste because it's rather "prominent" in feel to me. I like the regalness of the dress and I agree with An Ard Ri - she looks like a royal woman from Catherine de Medici's time, or even Catherine herself! I like her dragon fly brooch too. The only thing I don't like about this look is her hat, but generally I'm not really a "hat person" so it can be hard for me to like hats.

I like Laurentien's second outfit. The colours go well together. I particularly like her coat's soft shade of pink, very pretty.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-24-2016, 02:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Back to the more colourful outfits : Princess Laurentien in Den Haag yesterday, September 22:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
The pink coat is like a bathrobe!! And destroy for me all the appearance!!!
Same here! So no!
Old 10-06-2016, 02:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Princess Laurentien attended the meeting of the Zaan primary

My god what she is wearing???????

http://theworldofroyals.weebly.com/u.../4_19_orig.jpg
http://theworldofroyals.weebly.com/u.../5_18_orig.jpg
http://theworldofroyals.weebly.com/u.../3_30_orig.jpg
Old 10-13-2016, 11:31 AM
Administrator

Laurentien attended the 3rd National Water Savers Day in Rotterdam today, October 13 - back to the eye-catching Laurentien prints, though the leather pants are actually more eye-catching this time

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **
Old 10-13-2016, 11:40 AM
Heir Apparent

Thank you, Iceflower. I like the look overall - but then it is like something I might wear. Leather pants? I always think they look uncomfortable, in addition to how they look to others. But she has a lovely smile.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:25 PM
Administrator

Laurentien at the award ceremony of the Janusz Korczak Prize in Zutphen today, November 18 - a look in red and black only Laurentien can wear

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

Tags
princess laurentien