Princess Laurentien's Fashion and Style Part 2: March 2011 - September 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Princess Laurentien at the Prinsjesdag today, September 20. It was meant to be elegant, but to me it looks like widow's weeds:

** Full view **

She has worn worse but this outfit is not flattering on the Princess and I don't care for the hat either.

The pink coat is like a bathrobe!! And destroy for me all the appearance!!!

It is a most peculiar outfit but we must remember she is just doing things as a private person ("Laurentien van Oranje" promoting her book). Her real royal engagements, going out as HRH Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands are very rare. Only a handful in a year.

Princess Laurentien at the Prinsjesdag today, September 20. It was meant to be elegant, but to me it looks like widow's weeds:

** Full view **

The pink coat is really nice and the outfit underneath is great. One of her nicest looks recently.

The outfit to Prinsjesdag was actually really disappointing, looked like it came from a funeral scene from one of the movies. It was just too dark for such an event.

The Princess on Prinsjesdag made her look like Catherine de Médicis ,todays outfit minus the pink coat was good by Princess Laurentien 'unique' wardrobe moments!

I've decided that I quite like the outfit Laurentien wore to Prinsjesdag. Whilst it's rather plain in the terms of colour, I think it fits her usual taste because it's rather "prominent" in feel to me. I like the regalness of the dress and I agree with An Ard Ri - she looks like a royal woman from Catherine de Medici's time, or even Catherine herself! I like her dragon fly brooch too. The only thing I don't like about this look is her hat, but generally I'm not really a "hat person" so it can be hard for me to like hats.

I like Laurentien's second outfit. The colours go well together. I particularly like her coat's soft shade of pink, very pretty.

Laurentien attended the 3rd National Water Savers Day in Rotterdam today, October 13 - back to the eye-catching Laurentien prints, though the leather pants are actually more eye-catching this time ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Thank you, Iceflower. I like the look overall - but then it is like something I might wear. ;) Leather pants? I always think they look uncomfortable, in addition to how they look to others. But she has a lovely smile.

I might be the odd one out here, but I don't think Laurentien's latest outfit is that bad. I think red and black is a great colour combination and this outfit suits Laurentien. I don't like the red shoes with it though (but they're nice as individual pieces), I'd prefer to see black ones.

If Princess Laurentien had worn a longer skirt it would pass for a half decent outfit which is not bad for her 'unique' wardrobe!

The black skirt was too short a little longer would have been better.

Princess Lauretien in a black and white outfit at the opening ceremony of the "Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit 2016" in New Delhi, India, on December 10 - a good choice for the event and country:

** Pic **

:previous: I find her very relate-able (which is all in my mind, I know). And if you have to wear leather and are not in a band, this is not a terrible way to wear it. :)

The leather dress is awful and its a bit too short,but she has worn worse.

Yes An Ard Ri she has worn worse and this outfit definitely join the list!

Laurentien is Laurentien. From the very start of her relationship with the Prince (she knows him her while life long) she has kept a "strange" fashion profile.

Laurentien arriving at the Prince Claus Awards in Amsterdam today, December 15, recycling the black and white outfit she wore in India last Saturday (see the post from December 10):

** Pic **

I think she was best dressed in that group. The top is gorgeous and I like her hairdo,with lighter hair.

What a lovely dress. All three women, minus the tights on the other two, looked fabulous :flowers:

Laurentien at the closing session of the Conference of European Pillar of Social Rights in Brussels yesterday, January 23 - a nice, understated look, right for the occasion:

** Pic **

It looks like a bathrobe and the necklace is a bit too big,but on the plus side the colour is nice on Prince Laurentien.

Laurentien with a wild print mix at the national reading breakfast in Almere-Stad today, January 25

- it suits her, I can't imagine anyone else wearing it ;)

** Full view ** Upper part ** Close up **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom