The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-17-2014, 02:52 PM
Heir Apparent

It looks corduroy but the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency) described it as such: Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an aubergine coloured dress made of Genova velours côtelé. Matching this dress the Princess wore a pillbox-hat made of beige-coloured parasisal, decorated with feathers. The Princess wore the decorations belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the House of Orange.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
It looks corduroy but the Rijksvoorlichtingsdienst (State Information Agency) described it as such: Her Royal Highness Princess Laurentien of the Netherlands wore an aubergine coloured dress made of Genova velours côtelé. Matching this dress the Princess wore a pillbox-hat made of beige-coloured parasisal, decorated with feathers. The Princess wore the decorations belonging to the Grand Cross in the Order of the House of Orange.

"Velours côtelé" is corduroy in French.

Old 09-17-2014, 04:27 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by casualfan View Post
"Velours côtelé" is corduroy in French.
you beat me to it apparently they thought "corduroy" was not sounding fancy enough
Old 09-17-2014, 05:45 PM
Courtier

Classic colours of gown and hat for Autumn
Old 09-17-2014, 06:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
P.Laurentien at Prinsjesdag 2014 not from facebook
close-up
close-up with nice view of hat
full view (not good angle)
full view (different angle)

The dress is from fashionhouse Hardies (apparently she always wears Hardies at Prinsjesdag), but they admit they had thought it would be a bit colder outside than it was and that the dress was actually a bit too warm (fabric-wise) 'Jurk Laurentien te warm' | RTL Nieuws
Miss. Don't like.
Has she ever worn anything- you know- her to this event?
Old 09-18-2014, 01:06 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
you beat me to it apparently they thought "corduroy" was not sounding fancy enough

Exactly! 😆
Old 09-18-2014, 02:16 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
Miss. Don't like.
Has she ever worn anything- you know- her to this event?
Recent years were pretty much long gown, one color (as she uses the same fashionhouse, perhaps that's not surprising).
In her first years attending there was some more variation and even some "Laurentien-esque" choices, see this blog:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Laurentien at Prinsjesdag
Old 09-18-2014, 02:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Recent years were pretty much long gown, one color (as she uses the same fashionhouse, perhaps that's not surprising).
In her first years attending there was some more variation and even some "Laurentien-esque" choices, see this blog:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Flashback Friday: Laurentien at Prinsjesdag
Ah yes, very... her. Love it.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:05 AM
Administrator

Laurentien attended the Kids Climate Conference at the Center Parcs Het Heijderbos yesterday, September 20, wearing printed pants and a blouse in a nice strong colour and with flying sleeves

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **
Old 09-21-2014, 05:21 AM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Laurentien attended the Kids Climate Conference at the Center Parcs Het Heijderbos yesterday, September 20, wearing printed pants and a blouse in a nice strong colour and with flying sleeves

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 ** Close up **
I like those printed pants, very fashionable and wearable these days. The top style doesn't look good with the pants and the tops seems a bit too long. The sleeves are hideous IMO.
Old 09-21-2014, 05:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Très Laurentien-esque.

:)
Old 09-21-2014, 10:00 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
P.Laurentien at Prinsjesdag 2014 not from facebook
close-up
close-up with nice view of hat
full view (not good angle)
full view (different angle)

The dress is from fashionhouse Hardies (apparently she always wears Hardies at Prinsjesdag), but they admit they had thought it would be a bit colder outside than it was and that the dress was actually a bit too warm (fabric-wise) 'Jurk Laurentien te warm' | RTL Nieuws
I was just wondering where she will find such an ugly dress. The fabric is horrible, it's something I'd where to a fancy dress party 'wear your ugliest piece from the 70ies'
Old 09-21-2014, 10:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
I was just wondering where she will find such an ugly dress. The fabric is horrible, it's something I'd where to a fancy dress party 'wear your ugliest piece from the 70ies'
I don't have a good fashion-sense myself, but the fashion house Hardies seems to have some more outfits that I'd consider "Laurentien-esque"
Couture | Hardies Mode
but they also sell fashion from some big fashion-names, so maybe it's just me?
Escada 2014 winter collection
Missoni 2014 winter collection
Natan winter 2014 collection
Old 09-21-2014, 10:28 AM
Heir Apparent

I see quite nice and ladylike items. I would not mind Queen Máxima to leave Natan (too much overlap with the other Benelux royals) and go to Hardies too, of course preferrably not Laurentien-esque, of course...
Old 09-21-2014, 05:31 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I quite like Laurentien's latest outfit. I love the warm and autumnal feel the colour combination gives off, and although her trousers and my cup of tea, they suit her and the whole look is indeed very 'Laurentien' (or 'Laurentien-esque' ). Her style has always reminded me a lot of Maxima's.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-22-2014, 01:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Color of too good- don't like the pants-sleeves awful.
Old 09-28-2014, 04:41 AM
Administrator

Laurentien during the opening session of the 4th Dutch Green Building Week in Arnhem on September 22: The upper part suits her, a reduced Laurentien-look, but I would have chosen slimmer pants:

** Full view ** Upper part **
Old 09-28-2014, 07:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Laurentien during the opening session of the 4th Dutch Green Building Week in Arnhem on September 22: The upper part suits her, a reduced Laurentien-look, but I would have chosen slimmer pants:

** Full view ** Upper part **
i agree, pants should be a bit more fitting, her legs seem to disappear in this, the color of the top I really like, she wears bold colors really well..
Old 09-28-2014, 07:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Princess Laurentien is so in her element, whatever the event, she looks a quite self-confident lady.
Old 09-28-2014, 05:20 PM
Nobility

A typical Laurentien looks. I think she will look better and younger if she dyes her eyebrows.

Tags
princess laurentien