The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-05-2013, 09:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Pretty awful look, looks like a too short smock and the black thick tights and ugly black heels1

Old 10-05-2013, 10:09 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frelinghighness View Post
Pretty awful look, looks like a too short smock and the black thick tights and ugly black heels1
I wonder if this was a last minute substitution in support of Princess Mabel's decision to got to the wedding as the black widow. Of course Mabel's choice is understandable, but then all immediate family members need to show consistency/solidarity and perhaps Princess Laurentien responded with her sombre smock This theory would also explain the King and Queen's attire, matching their daughters' beautiful grey dresses.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 AM
Heir Apparent

Laurentien is received by the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House today.

She's wearing a version in black of the Natan dress Maxima wore on the introductory visit to Spain.
I love the edition of the bright patterned and colored shawl/scarf over her shoulder. It takes it dress
in a complete different direction than Maxima's blue version. The black is a lovely background that
doesn't compete with fabric of the shawl.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3510/yk1m.jpg
Old 10-16-2013, 12:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Laurentien is received by the Duchess of Cornwall at Clarence House today.

She's wearing a version in black of the Natan dress Maxima wore on the introductory visit to Spain.
I love the edition of the bright patterned and colored shawl/scarf over her shoulder. It takes it dress
in a complete different direction than Maxima's blue version. The black is a lovely background that
doesn't compete with fabric of the shawl.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/3510/yk1m.jpg
Lovely. So elegant.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Very lovely...
Old 10-16-2013, 02:42 PM
Courtier

She looks terrific. I love her, she seems so nice and modest and willing to be in the "background."
Old 12-08-2013, 04:27 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What an awful green outfit on Princess Laurentien!!!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 12-08-2013, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

A frog-costume
Old 12-08-2013, 05:17 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

A frog-costume
Looks like a leprechaun explosion!
Old 12-08-2013, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by An Ard Ri View Post
What an awful green outfit on Princess Laurentien!!!

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
A bad Kermit the Frog costume. Either that, or the Count's cape, in which case it looked better on a purple Muppet.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Oh, she has worn much worse. And she is a lovely person and this isn't so bad.
Old 12-08-2013, 09:48 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Looks like a leprechaun explosion!
Perhaps you don't recognize the importance of the colour green: it implies tranquillity, content, nature and contemplation. I think the Princess made a wonderful choice for this event to profile the importance of literacy. Your comment (and others also) makes me think of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper the rabbit quotes his mother: 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.
Old 12-08-2013, 11:36 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Perhaps you don't recognize the importance of the colour green: it implies tranquillity, content, nature and contemplation. I think the Princess made a wonderful choice for this event to profile the importance of literacy. Your comment (and others also) makes me think of the Disney film Bambi where Thumper the rabbit quotes his mother: 'if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all'.
In other words, we are allowed to praise the fashion choices, but we are not allowed to say if we don't like them?

I think you did not get the idea of those threads. They are not "praise what princesses are wearing" threads, but fashion threads, where we are allowed to express our opinions on fashion choices made by princesses, be it by applauding them or not like them.

As long as we stay civilized, we do not need to like every outfit and we do not need to be quiet of we don't. We are allowed to say we don't like something.
Old 12-09-2013, 03:49 AM
Serene Highness

Oh dear...That's just so shiny. The colour itself is lovely and suits her, but that's sadly about it. Sigh...There really is no inbetween w/Laurentian and her fashion choices are there? She either looks incredable or a hot mess. The really sad thing is often, her choices are usually in the hot mess side of things. Such a shame too, as she's always come across to me as a very pretty lady.

It's so puzzling too. I mean, she's got the means for a stylist to call on for help, but either the entire look is waaaaay off or one part of it looks amazing and the other part not so much or...!?! There are times when she does look amazing, but those times seem to be far fewer than the other Princesses out there. I just don't get it.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
Are you really asking an Irish person on the importance of green
Old 12-13-2013, 01:38 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Are you really asking an Irish person on the importance of green

I'm so sorry, but I totally LOST it when I read this!

Far as the outfit itself goes . . .

ITA with Tiggersk8 that the color is great, and Laurentien wears that hue very well. But yes, I also agree that it's too shiny. I also don't care for the boxy-looking cut of the outfit.

OTOH, it is a WHOLE lot tamer than some things I've seen on her, though, so I suppose there's something to be said for THAT, on the plus side, as well!
Old 03-13-2014, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Back to the crazy outfits - Laurentien at the North Sea congress for children in Den Haag today, March 13.

** Full view **
Old 03-13-2014, 12:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Crazy is indeed the word.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Back to the crazy outfits - Laurentien at the North Sea congress for children in Den Haag today, March 13.

** Full view **
Crazy? You are too kind.
Old 03-13-2014, 01:59 PM
Aristocracy

Oo, very special outfit, bot not in good way.

Tags
princess laurentien