Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion & Style Part 4: June 2013 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought Salma looked amaizing for the previous night's dinner and the visit to the cancer ward. I love the saturated red suit and the inclusion of such a pretty brooch completed the look. I thought she look best of the 2 ladies throughout the visit (even though I didn't love the pink pants from the first day).

I thought this was one of the best outfits I've seen in a long time. Great color, fabulous fit and weight to fabric and great jewel was it a pearl brooch, terrific figure too

The lady sure knows how to wear clothes and those jewels, my goodness that emerald necklace she wore to the dinner and those earrings, they just made me drool .......how beautiful. And she is a redhead beauty, the redheads of the world rule....lololololo, guess that is my ancestor calling me out again. Loved all her clothes except the pink pants, no comment on those. That red suit is so nicely made, fits her to a T, and that brooch, just unbelievable. Wonder who has the best jewels, Queen Elizabeth II, Queen Maxima or the Princess Lalla Salma?

I'm a huge fan of this red outfit. I't pure perfection, there is nothing wrong there. And she just looks so confident in it.

Right you are about the caftan. It is a masterpiece. I like silver embroidery. Lalla Salma's hair looks nice too. I wonder whether she uses the Moroccan colourless henna treatment on it.

I don't comment on the Moroccan Royal Fashion threads that much (or indeed, the threads regarding the Moroccan Royal Family), but I'm just stopping by to say that I love Salma's latest dress. That shade of blue is fabulous and suits her a lot. I agree dazzling, her bag is quite interesting. It's not really my cup of tea, but I think it manages to work well with the dress.

:previous:

Bag is from Fendi: ImageBam

she have similar one in grey: ImageBam

Bags in that type of gradual shading of tones are available on just about every single free Crochet Pattern website I check out, on the Crochet boards I belong to at Pinterest and various Crochet Pattern Newsletters I get E-mailed to me. They are *the* hot bag of the Fall.

I also love that chain handle on a bag look too, so needless to say...I *want* that thing!! :D

I love Lalla Salma in this type of blue, as it's so perfect for her colouring, very big win for HRH.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

It appears that Lalla Salma and Lalla Khadija have the same caftans. Both caftans are overloaded with embroidery to my taste. Hopefully we shall see closeup photos.

Last edited:
I have to say that this look is just all right. The pearl headpiece is avant-garde. I wish Lalla Salma would recycle the blush caftan she wore for Prince William's wedding.

Last edited:
I'm not a fan of the feathers at the end of Lalla Salma's caftan, but all in all, it's quite a nice look. From what I can see, her belt is a little too much, though I've noticed that the Moroccan Royals do tend to be "loud and proud" when it comes to jewellery, even little Lalla Khadija wears tiaras.

The caftan is quite boring to me

I assume the princess [who could effortlessly eclipse 99.9% of women] is trying not to do so to the Bride..
which is basic good manners at weddings the world over !

the yellow caftan from the first day is my favourite by far loooved the style and work on,the second was boring and plain but i think the hair and tiara saved the day:D

This last gold caftan is one of the worst she owns. The colour does nothing for her and those feathers at the end...

The caftan is quite boring to me, there is nothing special or impressive like the many caftans she has worn. Color is not flattering either.

Well this is a first, as never thought I'd ever seen a Moroccan Royal Lady's caftan worn at a major event described as "boring" around here. ;)

You are right, it is rather plain as these things go, but I also think it was a deliberate choice on HRH's part, as was suggested by someone else just above me (Sorry for appearing to be rude, but the blasted auto correct keeps turning your name into sheriff), in order to not overshadow the Bride.

Sigh...I'm amazed the laptop's still working after the last few days of me seeing all these gorgeous works of needle art being worn by the respective female members of the MRF. There was an awful of drooling being done by me after all...LOL!!! :D

I assume the princess [who could effortlessly eclipse 99.9% of women] is trying not to do so to the Bride..
which is basic good manners at weddings the world over !

I know what you mean but wearing a prettier caftan, and a color that flatters her, there is nothing wrong with that and that won't be called overshadowing the bride. You can still not overshadow the bride by wearing something nice and flattering. You overshadow the bride IMO when you attend wearing a very flashy color or white.

thank you Salma,I was waiting for you're great close up:):flowers:
the yellow the pretty indeed that work on it is amazing.

I think I actually prefer Lalla Salma's other caftan, as I think the patterns are a bit much and clash a little with the yellow. The patterns would look fine if there were just a few of them there. I also think that Lalla Salma's hair looks a little unkempt here, but her hair is rather frizzy and she does have a lot of it in the first place, so I guess that's just how it looks sometimes. I can relate, I have frizzy hair (though it's not as frizzy as Lalla Salma's) and it's a nightmare to maintain sometimes. I washed it just a couple of hours ago, and it's still wet.

Having said that, the Moroccan caftans are beautiful most of the time. I'm not an expert on Moroccan culture, so forgive me if this question is a little odd, but are there any specific or traditional shoes that Moroccan ladies have to wear with their caftans, or can they wear whatever shoes they like with them?

Having said that, the Moroccan caftans are beautiful most of the time. I'm not an expert on Moroccan culture, so forgive me if this question is a little odd, but are there any specific or traditional shoes that Moroccan ladies have to wear with their caftans, or can they wear whatever shoes they like with them?
we can wore them with whatever we want heels or tradional shoes (Babouches):)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom