Princess Lalla Salma's Fashion & Style Part 4: June 2013 - April 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Lalla Salma wears magnificent caftans at weddings and official galas she attends. She wears European clothes for other engagements she undertakes.

Wow, it is not often you see her in "Western Clothes".... suits her well as well.... but nothing goes above those wonderful handcrafted Kaftans!
Bye Bine
Al Bina is right, although I think that Lalla Salma wears Western Clothes more often than the Traditional Caftans, it depends on the engagement, but most she takes part of are daily engagements and she wears Western clothes at them. On some evening engagements, weddings, gala dinners, special occasions (Fête du Throne, Fes Festival, WA enthronement etc...) she wears the traditional Caftan because it's more evening wear, sophisticated, exquisite and glamorous.;)

the dress is simple and nice and the color is fantastic on Lalla salma I like the purse also.

i am not sure about the outfit the coat looks too big on Lalla Salma but i like the color.

I didn't like the whole look. Even though the colour looks good on her however everything just looked so messy . Plus the handbag's style (shape/colour) doesn't suit the outfit at all!

daytime suit was all fine very decent and elegant love the hair too.
i am not sure if i see this caftan before but its exquisite Lalla Salma looks gorgeous also this evenning.

The caftan is lovely and the embroidery on it looks really elegant.

I am not keen with nthe lasy outfit, the black syit however it's super classy I looove those black shoes.
I dont need to say anything about the caftan as usual is fabulous one.

The caftan is absolutely beautiful as is Salma. She has the most intricate, expertly sewn caftans I've ever seen. And she wears them so well.

wow nice outfits..love the suit combination very much..thank you

I liked the simplicity of the suit. The bag is lovely.

Last edited:
I like both of her recent outfits the blue one the most very stylish and classy loved the coat cut.

I have a question, whenever I see Salma at a wedding, gala dinner, investiture, especially events that are in other countries she always wears a Kaftan. I don't have anything against a Kaftan, I think they're very pretty but does she have to wear them to these state events or is she allowed to wear a regular evening gown like Queen Rania does sometimes? I think she would look very pretty in an evening gown, especially an Ellie Saab gown she does beautiful detailing.

In my personal opinion ...

Lalla Salma and other female members of the Moroccan royal family feel that caftans are the most appropriate attire for any gala dinners, state banquets, and festivities they attend. It is impossible for me to say whether or not the caftan is required by the Moroccan royal protocol. I am sure more knowledgeable members will clarify the situation.

I have a question, whenever I see Salma at a wedding, gala dinner, investiture, especially events that are in other countries she always wears a Kaftan. I don't have anything against a Kaftan, I think they're very pretty but does she have to wear them to these state events or is she allowed to wear a regular evening gown like Queen Rania does sometimes? I think she would look very pretty in an evening gown, especially an Ellie Saab gown she does beautiful detailing.

Why look like everybody else when you can wear such beautiful garment from your own culture?

I presume that she pays respect to her country (like Sean Connery or CP Mary's father at the royal wedding have honoured the quilt), and in the meantime she wears stunning and unique pieces.

Why look like everybody else when you can wear such beautiful garment from your own culture?
I agree, the Caftan is a very wonderfull piece, very enchanting and gorgeous. I think it's a honor to wear such amazing piece, plus you're honoring your country and let others who are foreign, witness with their own eyes the marvelous piece the Caftans are. I bet many other royals are jealousy for not having it, but we saw royals like Princess Haya wearing Caftan's before, it's because the tempting is way to much:D

Either way, the explanation is to honor the Culture of Morocco and to represent her country. Other royal houses like Norway and Sweden have a national attire that they use on National day. Morocco however has lots of morocan traditional clothes, it's on their daily lifes. I suppose the protocol for evening wear is Caftans for ladies, but men also wear traditional wear for evening as well.

Besides, Lalla Salma wears western clothes, but daytime, like suits and pants and dresses. But evening is for Caftan only.

I agree, the Caftan is a very wonderfull piece, very enchanting and gorgeous. I think it's a honor to wear such amazing piece, plus you're honoring your country and let others who are foreign, witness with their own eyes the marvelous piece the Caftans are. I bet many other royals are jealousy for not having it, but we saw royals like Princess Haya wearing Caftan's before, it's because the tempting is way to much:D

Either way, the explanation is to honor the Culture of Morocco and to represent her country. Other royal houses like Norway and Sweden have a national attire that they use on National day. Morocco however has lots of morocan traditional clothes, it's on their daily lifes. I suppose the protocol for evening wear is Caftans for ladies, but men also wear traditional wear for evening as well.

Besides, Lalla Salma wears western clothes, but daytime, like suits and pants and dresses. But evening is for Caftan only.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with wearing a caftan and I'm not disagreeing that they are beautiful I was simply asking if she HAS to wear them for foreign events or if it is her choice because she has never worn an evening gown before as far as I know. I think it is nice that she represents her country in that way. I guess until there is an official source to back up the statements we'll never know.

I'm not saying there is anything wrong with wearing a caftan and I'm not disagreeing that they are beautiful I was simply asking if she HAS to wear them for foreign events or if it is her choice because she has never worn an evening gown before as far as I know. I think it is nice that she represents her country in that way. I guess until there is an official source to back up the statements we'll never know.
It's their custom, if you see the evening events, you'll notice that not only the ladies are wearing traditional clothes, but the men are wearing as well.
It's tradition, there's no other explanation.
Queen Rania was always a bit westernized, that's why she is criticized, however, nowadays she's wearing more thoubs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom