The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Heir Presumptive

^Love all those dresses! Who is the man in the first picture with her and Rainier?

Old 08-07-2009, 03:07 PM
Heir Presumptive

He is the Prince Pierre de Polignac,prince Rainier´s father

Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofthelight View Post
The dress is my favourite one - I think Grace looks amazing in everything and black&white suits her too . And the pattern on the dress is fancy. She looks stunning!
Old 08-08-2009, 03:55 PM
Royal Highness

Lovely photos as always Zubiaur. I would love to know what the ruby wine coloured gown /skirt looks like in the fourth picture - I think it's a velvet fabric. Does anyone know?
Old 10-04-2009, 05:10 AM
Heir Apparent

The famous beautiful gown of Princess Grace, which she wore in 1967.
The designer is Cristian Dior.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2n1wcia.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/295r9tv.jpg
Old 10-04-2009, 08:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
The famous beautiful gown of Princess Grace, which she wore in 1967.
The designer is Cristian Dior.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2n1wcia.jpg
http://i36.tinypic.com/295r9tv.jpg
It looks very sensuous, I wish I could see Grace in this dress.The ornament on the neck is really interesting...
Old 10-05-2009, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by monic View Post
It looks very sensuous, I wish I could see Grace in this dress.The ornament on the neck is really interesting...
Here you have,monic:
http://i38.tinypic.com/mru4nk.jpg
http://i34.tinypic.com/10fzxcg.png
Old 10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Amazing pictures!! Where did all that glamour and that rich Princess vibe go? these days everyone is looking to be as common as the girl next door. Maybe it has to do with all the criticism they get when they get famous or something...! Makes them want to be as neutral and plain as possible, or even just look like Mrs x / y or z going out on anyday in any city !!
Even young fashion designers are having a huge impact on it anyway, their simple urban life is projected on all the collections nowadays! They are the ones designing for the biggest "maisons de couture" and thus collections sometimes are just not IT.
Princess Grace did grasp the concept naturally.(May God rest her soul in peace).
Old 10-09-2009, 02:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by lillas View Post
Amazing pictures!! Where did all that glamour and Princess vibe go? these days everyone is looking to be as common as the next girl next door.
Princess Grace did grasp the concept naturally.(May God rest her soul in peace).
I agree totally with you...Glamour has disappeared nowadaysIt is a pity,in general, people prefer casual style....
Old 10-09-2009, 02:20 PM
Aristocracy

Totally I don't know why people tend to criticize anything that doesn't fit their own style. Being a Princess used to be such a highly valued status, now it seems as though the media wants to bring it back to a normal human common status. Most of the time they have them mixed with famous people, whether they are tv hosts or actresses as though they are the same thing. That is totally wrong I beleive. So the media and the fashion desighners are to change their ways of presenting Royalty to the public. And then maybe things would fall into place again.
Old 10-10-2009, 03:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree totally with you...Glamour has disappeared nowadaysIt is a pity,in general, people prefer casual style....
I agree with you, Zubiaur.
May be this is one of the reason why Princess Grace is still a fashion icon for many of us.
Old 10-10-2009, 12:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thank you to you all here for these wonderful posts I am listening to the soundtrack from High Society on my iPod at the moment. I have to agree there elegance of that generation is totally lost and it is a huge shame. I don't mean just in clothing in all aspects of her life Grace remained elegant and gracious.
Old 10-11-2009, 07:50 AM
Aristocracy

Elegance and grace is definitly not so present these days in some Princesses of this world I agree. Then again I beleive that it is a state of mind that can be acheived not only through a personal quest, but also through the environment in which the Princesses are brought up.
Old 10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Courtier

Quote:
I agree that glamour seems to disappear nowdays. People now prefer to wear casual clothes. I like both styles, glamour and casual. I think casual clothes is comfortable to wear though.
Old 10-15-2009, 01:55 PM
Aristocracy

Chic, elegant and "classy" is very comfortable too I think, it is most of the time done with extremely refined materials and sowed in the best manner to fit the body perfectly. But then again it is not just about the clothes, it has a lot to do with the person and the way that person moves around..walks.. talks..presents herself, it's a whole aura !
Old 10-15-2009, 02:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wow, I love the Christian Dior dress- it is amazing! The neckline paired with the emerald earrings, and hair pin look fantastic on such a classy lady (her hair is increadible too)- Princess Grace was really one of a kind!!!
Old 10-24-2009, 09:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Even now many american designers admit Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco is still an icon of cool and classic style.

More information you can find here:

The Canadian Press: Designers honour Grace Kelly's cool, classic style from actress to princess

Old 10-24-2009, 10:33 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Even now many american designers admit Grace Kelly, Princess of Monaco is still an icon of cool and classic style.

More information you can find here:

The Canadian Press: Designers honour Grace Kelly's cool, classic style from actress to princess

Great speech!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2009, 07:51 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuedePhiladelphia View Post
Great speech!!!!!!!!!!!
Yes, the main thing that is true.
When I heard that speech for the first time, I was bewitched...

Grace Kelly | Mad Men | Cartier | Rodeo Drive Walk of Style Awards (26/10/2009).

Tags
fashion and style, princess grace