Late Princess Grace's Fashion and Style

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm agreeing with you a lot today Cordelia; there are a lot of famous woman who dress up nicely. Not everyone has the access that Grace Kelly had to dress fantastic all the time. There are the female celebs who like to look like bums, but there are still the few who put on heels, makeup, and do their hair just to walk to the mail box. Grace was at her height during a decade when woman were still viewed as ladies, housewives, pretty pictures, the perfect woman, who always had to wear a skirt. When looking at Grace, I always think of the 50's image, and with the assassinations of the 60s and the sexual revolution of the 60's and 70s, women no longer fell into that image of the perfect woman.

A collection of knitwear inspired by Grace will be launched in September by Pringle's of Scotland.

The Scotsman

I'm agreeing with you a lot today Cordelia; there are a lot of famous woman who dress up nicely. Not everyone has the access that Grace Kelly had to dress fantastic all the time. There are the female celebs who like to look like bums, but there are still the few who put on heels, makeup, and do their hair just to walk to the mail box. Grace was at her height during a decade when woman were still viewed as ladies, housewives, pretty pictures, the perfect woman, who always had to wear a skirt. When looking at Grace, I always think of the 50's image, and with the assassinations of the 60s and the sexual revolution of the 60's and 70s, women no longer fell into that image of the perfect woman.
Just as Audrey Hepburn stands out so did Grace and for reasons of aesthetic they alone know.I know Grace never wore black in public and she had a style of her own.I do not think many today know how to actually study like these two.Grace and Audrey did not look dishevelled but they actually looked well groomed.Grooming that was a lot . They also looked natural

I could do nothing all day but just look at photos of Grace I loved her and then the ones with Callas the amazing one... too much. The Pringle launch also showed fabulous timing and brilliant marketing IMO thanks for all those links I just love them .

Last edited:
Princess Grace was a true princess !! great outfits

Why would someone in the second decade of the 21st century dress like someone from the mid 20th century? Grace dressed well most of the time but she was of her time and place, and time has moved on.

I particularly love the second photo - she could teach a few royals about how to accessorise ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I particularly love the second photo - she could teach a few royals about how to accessorise ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

There was no one quite like Princess Grace and her elegance but that was a different era.However it is nice to reminisce at old photos of the late Princess.

Agree. I think this one might be the dress who defined her better, aside from her iconic wedding gown.

I agree with the comments included in the link that this gown wouldn't look out of place today. It's one of my favourites too. There's a lovely close up of the bustle back and further information about the whole look in the catalogue which the V & A produced to accompany the exhibition "Grace Kelly Style". It makes the comment that while most stars at the time favoured the full skirted gown topped with fur, Grace's individual choice stood out not least for the matching coat.

Truly chic and really divine I adore her and her style lives on thank goodness

:previous: Oh my gosh..STUNNING. I am seriously at a loss to come up with a time i ever saw a bad photo of Grace. I can honestly say NEVER..not even when she was no longer young!

:previous: Oh my gosh..STUNNING. I am seriously at a loss to come up with a time i ever saw a bad photo of Grace. I can honestly say NEVER..not even when she was no longer young!

The Princess also wore green by Givenchy for the meeting with President John F. Kennedy at White House during the State Visit to the USA in 1961,I'm sure her fellow proud Irish American appreciated it ;)

https://images.app.goo.gl/YYve4TgNkPzbK1gy8

https://images.app.goo.gl/ZDif4eGeo7jpVxB17

https://images.app.goo.gl/yUJw35DCATYvQodK9

So very beautiful. I never tire of seeing her decked out in a ball gown wearing some wonderful jewels. Given there wasn’t a huge collection of family jewels for Grace to choose from, she had some creative ways of wearing them, particularly incorporated into her hairstyles.

The outfits for the 1961 State Visit to Ireland were iconic
https://images.app.goo.gl/kZ6E57VBXh5Y5fGQ8

Back
Top Bottom