Late Princess Diana's Eveningwear

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Originally Posted by monic
Here I found a different, interesting necklace, almost in the same shape posted by gfg02. Does anyone has any more pictures of Diana's gown from this event?

Photo

Diana wore this dress in 1987. I don't have information about designer.
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting

This event was September 28, 1987: where Diana attended a Gala Evening to commemorate the 25th anniversary of the founding of the Elizabeth Fitzroy Homes for the Mentally Handicapped at Claridges Hotel London W1

Hope that helps

Thank linmarylou for sharing the information.

07/25/1995: Diana, Princess Of Wales Attending A Dinner In Aid Of The Great Ormond Street Hospital At The Foundation Claude Pompidou, Paris, France. She was wearing a dress by Christian Lacroix.
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Diana and American illusionist David Copperfield

I love this outfit!

WHOOOOw what a Diamond she was and still is Roeses are red violots are blue so is the world with out you DIANA

Stunning! One of my favorites! She looked so fantastic that night! So happy, So elegant! I loved the purple Versace gown,( Chicago) the cream lace Catherine Walker dress ( Washinington) and the blue Azagury dress( London ballet) too. Do you have pics of those? Thanks!

Last edited:
Last edited:
Phillip Donahue, US chat show host.

Stunning! One of my favorites! She looked so fantastic that night! So happy, So elegant! I loved the purple Versace gown,( Chicago) the cream lace Catherine Walker dress ( Washinington) and the blue Azagury dress( London ballet) too. Do you have pics of those? Thanks!

06/03/1997: Diana waring a'Jacques Azagury' dess to the "Swan Lake" English Ballet Performance, Royal Albert Hall, London

Last edited:
you have to be the best in finding pictures of princess diana. I have been trying to find ones where she wore a white dress. lace went down to her waiste then a plain skirt. i hope i am remembering this right. i think she wore it at a diner party when she met came to America and met president reagan.

does anyone have a clue what one i am talking about? i tried finding it and i cant. so i am not sure if i am remembering right.

you have to be the best in finding pictures of princess diana. I have been trying to find ones where she wore a white dress. lace went down to her waiste then a plain skirt. i hope i am remembering this right. i think she wore it at a diner party when she met came to America and met president reagan.

does anyone have a clue what one i am talking about? i tried finding it and i cant. so i am not sure if i am remembering right.

Is this dress?
The princess is wearing a cream lace Murray Arbeid gown and the Queen Mary tiara.
In the first night, when she met president Reagan, Diana didn't wear a white dress. She wore a Midnight blue silk velvet dress designed by Victor Edelstein (see message 850)

11/11/1985: Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales meet U.S.Vice-President George Bush Senior and his wife Barbara Bush at a dinner at the British Embassy, Washington D.C., USA.
05/03/1986: Diana in Vancouver, Canada
http://img153.imageshack.us/i/20gy6qe.jpg/
http://img189.imageshack.us/i/38831125539327491041101.jpg/
http://img194.imageshack.us/i/edfrfffff4561390.jpg/
1987: Portrait by Terence Daniel Donovan
http://img511.imageshack.us/i/mw11168.jpg/

Last edited:
Is this dress?
The princess is wearing a cream lace Murray Arbeid gown and the Queen Mary tiara.
In the first night, when she met president Reagan, Diana didn't wear a white dress. She wore a Midnight blue silk velvet dress designed by Victor Edelstein (see message 850)

11/11/1985: Prince Charles, Prince of Wales and Diana, Princess of Wales meet U.S.Vice-President George Bush Senior and his wife Barbara Bush at a dinner at the British Embassy, Washington D.C., USA.
05/03/1986: Diana in Vancouver, Canada
1987: Portrait by Terence Daniel Donovan

yes that is the dress. i think is makes my top 5 of her favorite dresses. thank you for the great pictures.

I simply love the "swan lake" dress. She looked stunning!!!

Great pics! The cream lace dress I was referring to however was not the one she wore in the 80's, She wore a cream lace Catherine Walker dress to a breast cancer fundrasier in Washington in late 1996.

Great pics! The cream lace dress I was referring to however was not the one she wore in the 80's, She wore a cream lace Catherine Walker dress to a breast cancer fundrasier in Washington in late 1996.

Yes, I know Roseroyal because the 1985 dress wass designed by Murray Arbeid.

White cream lace by Catherine Walker
09/24/1996: Princess Diana of Wales, Washington Post owner Katheryn Graham, Vogue Magazine editor Anna Wintour, designer Ralph Lauren, and Georgetown University President Leo J. O'Donovan work the receiving line during a multi-million dollar fundraising event for the Nina Hyde Center for Breast Cancer Research late 24 September in Washington, DC. The benefit is named after Hyde who was the Washington Post's fashion editor who died of breast cancer.

Yes, I know Roseroyal because the 1985 dress wass designed by Murray Arbeid.

White cream lace by Catherine Walker
09/24/1996: Princess Diana of Wales, Washington Post owner Katheryn Graham, Vogue Magazine editor Anna Wintour, designer Ralph Lauren, and Georgetown University President Leo J. O'Donovan work the receiving line during a multi-million dollar fundraising event for the Nina Hyde Center for Breast Cancer Research late 24 September in Washington, DC. The benefit is named after Hyde who was the Washington Post's fashion editor who died of breast cancer.
If these images are not the definition of beautiful, then I do not know what is! Thank you! Thanks for the background info on this event as well!

Thank you for these as well! I love that dress on her! The color is beautiful, and is perfect with her eyes... makes them stand out. Love the photo with her and the " swans".

Do you have photos of the dress she wore to the opening night of the Alice in Wonderland ballet. There was footage of that shown on TV last night, and I liked it a lot. The ballet was in 1996 and I think the dress was also worn on a trip to Russia in 1995, and possibly on another tour. It is a Catherine Walker.
Thanks so much for all the pretty pics!

Last edited by a moderator:
Do you have photos of the dress she wore to the opening night of the Alice in Wonderland ballet. There was footage of that shown on TV last night, and I liked it a lot. The ballet was in 1996 and I think the dress was also worn on a trip to Russia in 1995, and possibly on another tour. It is a Catherine Walker.
Thanks so much for all the pretty pics!

A Gold Sleeveless Cocktail Dress Designed By Catherine Walker.
03/19/1996: Diana, Princess Of Wales, Patron Of The English National Ballet, Attends A Royal Gala Performance Of Alice In Wonderland At The Coliseum In London.

06/15/1995: Diana Arriving At The Bolshoi Ballet In Moscow During Her Visit To Russia.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for all the pretty pics of Diana in all of my favorite outfits of hers!

This is the first time that I've seen this gold dress and it's stunning.

I was not fond of this one. I liked the one by the same designer that was a top and a skirt, and was sort of a feminine tuxedo. The top had a wide sikver band at the neckline, bow at the chest, black in color, and sparkly.Diana wore it a lot. 1989, early 90's

Missing event in 93- Romeo and Juliet ballet, London

Missing event in 93- Romeo and Juliet ballet, London

Did this event occur in Jun, 30?

I was not fond of this one. I liked the one by the same designer that was a top and a skirt, and was sort of a feminine tuxedo. The top had a wide sikver band at the neckline, bow at the chest, black in color, and sparkly.Diana wore it a lot. 1989, early 90's

Is this tuxedo?
Black Tuxedo Pant Suit with Jeweled Buttons
07/30/1991: Diana with Pavarotti at a concert in Hyde Park
Nov/1990: Spencer House
10/14/1990: Diana attends a gala charity at London Palladium
April/1990: Princes Trust charity concert with Phil Collins and family
Nov/1989: Diana with Neil Diamond at Wembley Arena
Imageshack - 1989022.jpg

27 years of London Fashion Week - in pictures
1985 - Diana, the Princess of Wales with the Minister of State for Industry Norman Lamont at a reception at Lancaster House, held for London Fashion Week
1985 Diana, the Princess of Wales with the Minister of State for Industry No...
03/19/1985 - David Sassoon gown
More pictures:
http://img217.imageshack.us/i/goingtobed1985.jpg/
http://img560.imageshack.us/i/plokiijuuuuh234452361.jpg/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDRzDVRS6K0

I don't, particularly, like this dress. Along with the Galliano blue dress she wore on december 1996, this is one of the ugliest.

Last edited:
Did this event occur in Jun, 30?

Is this tuxedo?
Black Tuxedo Pant Suit with Jeweled Buttons
07/30/1991: Diana with Pavarotti at a concert in Hyde Park
Nov/1990: Spencer House
10/14/1990: Diana attends a gala charity at London Palladium
April/1990: Princes Trust charity concert with Phil Collins and family
Nov/1989: Diana with Neil Diamond at Wembley Arena
Imageshack - 1989022.jpg
No, that is not the outfit.The outfit I am talking about had silver band around the neckline,with bare shoulders. It was designed by Belville Sasson. The outfit you have posted was made by Paul Costello.

Yes, Romeo and Juilet did occur to the best of my knowlegle on Jun. 30, 93.
( Missing event, black dress.)

If you go on Getty Images and search Princess Diana 1991 the dress is on page 1, 5 rows down from the top, 2nd from the furthest right( your left) picture.
There are lots of other pretty dresses in the search results as well, from when Princess Di met Joan Collins and Liza Minnelli ( 2 separate events), a Xmas carol concert with the boys, and a rock concert in a " rainbow" striped skirt.
A little off topic, but I love the polka dot skirt daytime outfit shown here too!
( Not all outfits are on pg. 1, but are findable under Princess Diana 1991)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom