The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #701  
Old 01-30-2010, 06:34 PM
gfg02's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: *******, Brazil
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
The England´s rose stunning:

I love this silver dress:
http://i46.tinypic.com/29yo8xv.jpg
I love the silver dress too. Tanks dear Zubiaur!!
__________________

__________________
If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love. - Diana, Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
  #702  
Old 01-31-2010, 06:34 AM
nika's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: tehran, Iran
Posts: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I love this silver dress:
http://i46.tinypic.com/29yo8xv.jpg
her dress so beautiful. She looks fairy tail here.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #703  
Old 01-31-2010, 07:29 AM
Soli Deo Gloria's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: *, Sweden
Posts: 400
Sorry I dont agree. Im sure Diana would have looked great and regal today at the age of 50 and she was cute back then, but most of her clothes are soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch the 80:s....
And thats OK, because back then she looked great. And some of Dianas outfits are timeless and classic But honestly, the 80:s was terrible when it came to fashion And Diana was a part of that.
I admit Im v critical here and I guess thats because I was a teenager (adoring Diana) at that time and teenage memories arnt always nice... but honestly Im kind of freezing when I see the green dress above and shiver when I look at the silver one. But as wa say in sweden: the taste is like your bottom- divided
__________________
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Reply With Quote
  #704  
Old 01-31-2010, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
Sorry I dont agree. Im sure Diana would have looked great and regal today at the age of 50 and she was cute back then, but most of her clothes are soooooooo muuuuuuuuuch the 80:s....
And thats OK, because back then she looked great. And some of Dianas outfits are timeless and classic But honestly, the 80:s was terrible when it came to fashion And Diana was a part of that.
I admit Im v critical here and I guess thats because I was a teenager (adoring Diana) at that time and teenage memories arnt always nice... but honestly Im kind of freezing when I see the green dress above and shiver when I look at the silver one. But as wa say in sweden: the taste is like your bottom- divided
I disagree with you,Diana is stunning specially in the green one shoulder dress and in the silver one.I do not think the 80´s were terrible,I think the 70´s were terrible in fashion...Most of her dresses are classical and timeless and can be used now perfectly,imo
This is the glamorous silver dress:
http://i45.tinypic.com/qq8q6f.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qjwygy.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m6k7ko.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ueqy3p.jpg

I love this dress:
http://i50.tinypic.com/ip6y36.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/1zz3x1i.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #705  
Old 02-01-2010, 03:12 PM
Soli Deo Gloria's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: *, Sweden
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
I disagree with you,Diana is stunning specially in the green one shoulder dress and in the silver one.I do not think the 80´s were terrible,I think the 70´s were terrible in fashion...Most of her dresses are classical and timeless and can be used now perfectly,imo
This is the glamorous silver dress:
http://i45.tinypic.com/qq8q6f.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2qjwygy.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2m6k7ko.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2ueqy3p.jpg
I agree. The 70s was quite ugly too... but kind of low key compared to the 80s... The 80s was a massive overdose of everything: colors, wrinkle, sholder pads, low waists, broad belts, white socks in high heels, perm and mulls and everything.
And Diana was the high priestess of all that (but no poodle perm and white socks) and thats perfectly OK! She was always high fashion. And at that time all these things was super stylish!!

Please dont misunderstand me here: Diana was fabolous and stylish, no doubt about it, and I always wanted to look like her!
But when I look at many of her gowns today (been scrolling trough the tread) they look so old and passé. They are still nice too look at and remember the time (fantastic colours and fabrics!), but not many of them survived the turn of the millenium. And its nothing wrong with that!

Many, many of her gowns and other clothes was classic haute couture, thats very true. And they will survive forever (Diana in mid 90s was great and still look good!) but not all of them and that silver thing got these huge shoulder pads and the back of the dress makes her looks like a sirene of the woods (in swedish: huldra - they had a hole in their back...)
__________________
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Reply With Quote
  #706  
Old 02-03-2010, 04:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
I agree. The 70s was quite ugly too... but kind of low key compared to the 80s... The 80s was a massive overdose of everything: colors, wrinkle, sholder pads, low waists, broad belts, white socks in high heels, perm and mulls and everything.
And Diana was the high priestess of all that (but no poodle perm and white socks) and thats perfectly OK! She was always high fashion. And at that time all these things was super stylish!!

Please dont misunderstand me here: Diana was fabolous and stylish, no doubt about it, and I always wanted to look like her!
But when I look at many of her gowns today (been scrolling trough the tread) they look so old and passé. They are still nice too look at and remember the time (fantastic colours and fabrics!), but not many of them survived the turn of the millenium. And its nothing wrong with that!

Many, many of her gowns and other clothes was classic haute couture, thats very true. And they will survive forever (Diana in mid 90s was great and still look good!) but not all of them and that silver thing got these huge shoulder pads and the back of the dress makes her looks like a sirene of the woods (in swedish: huldra - they had a hole in their back...)
Well I like the silver dress,and I dislike the 70´s and some trends of the 80´s.Some dresses of the 80´s of Diana are timeless and perfect today,others not,it depends....In general,I prefer Diana´s outfits of the 90´s
http://i48.tinypic.com/140l0f4.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/6hnc3s.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/2hf2g4i.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/15g3w2h.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/2akcoix.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/289a5np.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2vvm74o.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2m3jkgg.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #707  
Old 02-04-2010, 02:09 PM
Soli Deo Gloria's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: *, Sweden
Posts: 400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
Some dresses of the 80´s of Diana are timeless and perfect today,others not,it depends....In general,I prefer Diana´s outfits of the 90´s
Agree, agree... and no matter what she was wearing - she always had her nice face on Do you have any dates/years for the pictures you posted abowe? And I really like the black dress together with the white pearls...but Im not a big fan of silver (as you probably understod) so the silver belt is too scary for me, but she looks soooo sweet in that picture! Light blue suits her well.

Diana in dark gowns at black/white pictures... does somebody have more info about the gowns and year ??

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ssional/18.jpg
http://media.photobucket.com/image/p...19-2.jpg?o=604
http://i156.photobucket.com/albums/t...s/princess.jpg
http://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m...gallery_27.jpg
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p...1130/Diana.jpg
http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c2...ssional/19.jpg
__________________
"Of making many books there is no end, and much study wearies the body" (Ecclesiastes 12:12)
Reply With Quote
  #708  
Old 02-07-2010, 10:35 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Wonderful pics,thanks Soli Deo Gloria.
http://i47.tinypic.com/2jdo09u.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/t5r4oz.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/33kasrt.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #709  
Old 02-07-2010, 11:43 AM
di-fan72's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 188
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soli Deo Gloria View Post
I agree. The 70s was quite ugly too... but kind of low key compared to the 80s... The 80s was a massive overdose of everything: colors, wrinkle, sholder pads, low waists, broad belts, white socks in high heels, perm and mulls and everything.
And Diana was the high priestess of all that (but no poodle perm and white socks) and thats perfectly OK! She was always high fashion. And at that time all these things was super stylish!!

Please dont misunderstand me here: Diana was fabolous and stylish, no doubt about it, and I always wanted to look like her!
But when I look at many of her gowns today (been scrolling trough the tread) they look so old and passé. They are still nice too look at and remember the time (fantastic colours and fabrics!), but not many of them survived the turn of the millenium. And its nothing wrong with that!

Many, many of her gowns and other clothes was classic haute couture, thats very true. And they will survive forever (Diana in mid 90s was great and still look good!) but not all of them and that silver thing got these huge shoulder pads and the back of the dress makes her looks like a sirene of the woods (in swedish: huldra - they had a hole in their back...)
I would like to react on this; just to share my views.
For me Diana was a queen in the 80's because of her everything. And i think that however the 80's fashion was to much of everything i think diana never over did her clothes she still managed to look quite simpel and still look fashionable stylish. Her sister in law sarah the duchess of york on the contrary enjoyed to overdo her clothes and hair, all at the same time. I do not know why but a couple of years in the 90's i liked diana less than in the 80's. For me in the 80's she was the most beautiful and had a great taste of clothes (for that time) and in the 90's she lost for me a bit of her radiance, her innocence, i did not like her hair either anymore. And i had the feeling that she was always dressed the same. do not understand me wrong i still was and are a big fan of diana but i just liked her more in the 80's.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #710  
Old 02-07-2010, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Quote:
Originally Posted by di-fan72 View Post
I would like to react on this; just to share my views.
For me Diana was a queen in the 80's because of her everything. And i think that however the 80's fashion was to much of everything i think diana never over did her clothes she still managed to look quite simpel and still look fashionable stylish. Her sister in law sarah the duchess of york on the contrary enjoyed to overdo her clothes and hair, all at the same time. I do not know why but a couple of years in the 90's i liked diana less than in the 80's. For me in the 80's she was the most beautiful and had a great taste of clothes (for that time) and in the 90's she lost for me a bit of her radiance, her innocence, i did not like her hair either anymore. And i had the feeling that she was always dressed the same. do not understand me wrong i still was and are a big fan of diana but i just liked her more in the 80's.
Of course,I love many dresses of her of the 80´s specially evening dressesand although I love her daily dresses specially in the 90´s ,sometimes she was too sexy imo in her 90´s evening dresses.....,and being sexy is the contrary to being elegant imo,I refer to pludging necklines,not elegant imo....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #711  
Old 02-10-2010, 05:06 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Unforgettable People´s Princess:
http://i46.tinypic.com/2po72p4.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/rivho4.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/oa1a82.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/mauhpi.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/wso777.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #712  
Old 02-10-2010, 06:25 PM
gfg02's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: *******, Brazil
Posts: 1,411
Thanks Zubiaur, these dresses are sensational.
__________________
If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love. - Diana, Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
  #713  
Old 02-11-2010, 02:37 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
You are welcome:
The Queen of Hearts:
http://i45.tinypic.com/2hfuzk6.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/34eqm51.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2vmgeva.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/xngkgp.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/5541ef.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #714  
Old 02-11-2010, 02:41 PM
salma's Avatar
Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Month Representative – Jordan
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: ---, Portugal
Posts: 8,818
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZUBIAUR View Post
You are welcome:
The Queen of Hearts:

http://i47.tinypic.com/xngkgp.jpg
I never see this dress, do you have a more pics?
__________________
TRF BLOG
Reply With Quote
  #715  
Old 02-11-2010, 02:54 PM
Duchessmary's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 1,074
I'm drawing a blank on that one, too.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #716  
Old 02-11-2010, 03:04 PM
Quathae's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Vista, United States
Posts: 271
Zubiaur you posted some gorgeous pictures of Diana. I think no matter what era (80s vs 90s) she looked just gorgeous. I think, personally, she really came into her own style-wise in the 90s. I do agree that at times some of her gowns were a little too sexy for someone in her position, but yet she looked glamorous and radiant and happy, and still represented her role so well. In a way, maybe she became "free-er" after her divorce from Charles, and once she was on her own, so to speak, she could relax a little in terms of her dress, and express more of her personality. Just a thought....
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #717  
Old 02-11-2010, 07:17 PM
gfg02's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: *******, Brazil
Posts: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by salma View Post
I never see this dress, do you have a more pics?
More pics...Diana wore it betwen 1990 and 1991.
http://i48.tinypic.com/35j02rr.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/jtxg7p.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/2wfu4j6.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/219p8q0.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/30lif15.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/xngkgp.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/16h5b40.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/33aqu7d.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2ptqgw8.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/2vhw74o.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/65uyvs.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2wqy8bc.jpg
http://i49.tinypic.com/15pixxv.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2rxyvjm.jpg
__________________
If you find someone you love in your life, then hang on to that love. - Diana, Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
  #718  
Old 02-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Duchessmary's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: San Diego, United States
Posts: 1,074
So perfect for Valentine's Day!!!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #719  
Old 02-12-2010, 10:45 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
Thanks dear gfg02.Your work is much appreciated.I love specially these pics,she was stunning,what eyes,and red nails!....The red was her best colour imo
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #720  
Old 02-15-2010, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: ******, Spain
Posts: 2,669
The England´s rose:
http://i47.tinypic.com/jiytjq.jpg
http://i50.tinypic.com/2d6nvgo.jpg
http://i48.tinypic.com/w7k3uv.jpg
http://i47.tinypic.com/2bw57r.jpg
http://i46.tinypic.com/o089oz.jpg
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, eveningwear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Princess Diana's Daytime Fashion Part 1: November 2004 - nsewerin Royal House of Fashion 848 12-27-2012 11:40 AM
Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 1: December 2003 - March 2007 paulette Archives 407 03-27-2007 01:31 PM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 2: November 2003 - November 2004 Josefine Current Events Archive 316 11-12-2004 05:44 AM
Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 1: November 2002 - November 2003 Josefine Current Events Archive 157 11-13-2003 06:37 AM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth bourbon-parma charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary current events danish royals duchess of cambridge duchess of cambridge style fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta cristina infanta elena infanta leonor infanta sofia king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander olympic games ottoman poland pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince laurent prince maurits princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess marilene princess mary princess of asturias queen elizabeth ii queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia spain state visit visit wedding william winter olympics 2014


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:58 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]