Late Princess Diana's Eveningwear

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought this was a really nice gown on her however, I don't recall ever seeing her wear it again. Does anyone know if she did?
It was worn on at least two other occasions:

in October 1981, during her first official tour of Wales, http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/738...4AD9FDB9CF1934AEA4ECF4B436E775E34609D239A4EB6

and a year later in October 1982, for a concert at Barbican Centre, http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/734...4AD9FDB9CF1930F65A344AAC8D07085E40A5CF0FD7FD6

Thank you Incas for the info. I have seen both those pictures before but never remembered that it was that same dress, she looks so different!

I had not seen the other two pictures of her dress, I had only seen the portrait one. I loved seeing the Cambridge Emerald choker with the gown, but I do think the diamonds suited the gown best (neckline and all!). Thank you Incas for the pics. They were beautiful!

..tradgey, quite the loss. great threads, as in clothes, she models beautifully well. `If you love it, let it remain in the wild and allow it to be free... '
-Butterflies are ment to be left alone, not caught... ...and...

Ooops, I guess I was wrong about the green dress (first time that ever happened!). It doesn't look the same, though, although I think a lot of that can be attributed to her horrendous weight loss. Poor princess.

Yeah, in the 1982 pic (the one where she is wearing Queen Mary's Cambridge Emerald choker) you can tell she had lost a lot of weight in the bosom area. The dress didn't look as good on her then--that neckline needs a little more boost! But, she always looked beautiful. Even in those clothes on the Italian trip, her inner radiance came through and you could look past the silly hats and wide collars. Timeless lady, no matter what she wore. You can't find that now.

You are most welcome, jcbcode99. The emerald colour of the gown was lovely. It's not a fussy one either, unlike many of her earlier gowns.

I loved Diana's short and saucy dresses - the one's that she wore the last months of her life.

Princes Diana Dresses Close-Ups

Does anyone happen to have any photos that show the detail of Princess Diana's dresses. As a seamstress I would love to see details of the construction and the fabric. Thank you!

Welcome mrswhiham to TRF. Try looking through the Diana threads in the fahsion forum.

Does anyone happen to have any photos that show the detail of Princess Diana's dresses. As a seamstress I would love to see details of the construction and the fabric. Thank you!

Welcome to the forum mrswhitham! Check out this thread and and "Princess Diana's Daytime fashion" thread, and you may find what you're looking for. Good luck!

My favoite evenind dresses on Diana was the one she wore for the premiere of Swan Lake in 1997 and what she wore to the Cannes in 1987.

Yes, that is it.:flowers:

Not to mention, the Swan Lake Necklace!!

The other gown I loved her in, I cant remember where she wore it. It was almost exactly the same as Grace Kelly wore in 'To Catch a Thief'. White strapless chiffon whith a kind of Greecan wrap on the bodice. 'The Franklin Mint' is advertising some little statue of her and she's wearing the dress I'm talking about.

The other gown I loved her in, I cant remember where she wore it. It was almost exactly the same as Grace Kelly wore in 'To Catch a Thief'. White strapless chiffon whith a kind of Greecan wrap on the bodice. 'The Franklin Mint' is advertising some little statue of her and she's wearing the dress I'm talking about.
Is this the dress your talking about?
http://cache.gettyimages.com/xc/521...FDE601AC0C35C52CE7307C57C6661D11A162F6E166945
If so, Diana's most famous wearing of it was probably July 1987 at the Cannes Film Festival. But she also wore it to a performance of Miss Saigon in September 1989.

This dress is the same as blondie28 wrote as one of their favorite dresses of Diana in Cannes, 1987
Corbis: photography, rights, motion.}

Grace Kelly in To Catch a Thief

She wore it during the Cannes Film Festival on May 17, 1987. I think it's the first time she has worn it and the occasion was perfect because it was like honouring Grace Kelly, the actress. Here's a picture .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom