The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #941  
Old 08-31-2011, 02:31 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
My favorite black dress:

http://img4.realsimple.com/images/10...-diana_300.jpg
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #942  
Old 08-31-2011, 04:38 AM
olebabs's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Århus, Denmark
Posts: 283
Mine too. It is the closest thing to non-verbaly flipping the finger as anyone can get . I think most men thought: "What the f...is Charles thinking?!?"



Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #943  
Old 09-02-2011, 07:49 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
Also this one:

http://www.mastoloni.com/assets/imag...ss-dancing.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #944  
Old 09-02-2011, 08:20 PM
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Sydney, Australia
Posts: 812
I love that dress and that picture!
Reply With Quote
  #945  
Old 09-02-2011, 10:47 PM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Your link is not working on my computer. Can you post another link to the pic please?
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #946  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:02 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
Here is the exact picture roseroyal,I hope it works.

http://www.princeharry.co.uk/wp-cont...cess_Diana.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #947  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:30 AM
Aliza's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
One of my favorites of all time:

http://bamslynette.files.wordpress.c...12_228x403.jpg

Beautiful!

Does anyone know who designed it?
I am seconding Sirhon, here. That was definitely an Azagury dress. The black long beaded gown that the Princess wore (with emeralds) for her final evening engagement on her thirty-sixth birthday is a long version of this blue short dress and was given to Diana as a birthday present by Azagury who was designing quite a bit for the Princess the last few years of her life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
That dress is timeless
Sirhon, doesn't it just drive you crazy that we never were able to see Diana in the black backless dress - with train!!! - that Armani was in the process of finishing fitting for the Princess at the time of her death? IIRC, she had an appointment for a fitting for this gown the day after she died... We had never seen Diana in Armani in public before and I'm sure she would have blown everyone away, as usual.

Has anyone ever seen a drawing of this gown? I'd love to know any information about it if any is known. Thanks to all here who are so generous with their pictures, research and knowledge.
Reply With Quote
  #948  
Old 09-03-2011, 12:55 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
I never knew about the armani dress.Do you have a photo of it?
Reply With Quote
  #949  
Old 09-03-2011, 01:03 AM
Aliza's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
I never knew about the armani dress.Do you have a photo of it?
I think I only have a newspaper article, published shortly after her death, with a sketch by Armani of the dress. It was more daring and glamourous than anything the Princess had ever worn before! I will look for the paper in my scrapbook and see if it's scannable and also check if I can find anything more. I do think it was mentioned in a few books, I'll check those, too.

Diana had commissioned it for a charity movie premiere she was due to attend in October, I believe. I used to know the name of the film, goodness - hate to admit that my memory is not what it used to be.
Reply With Quote
  #950  
Old 09-03-2011, 01:06 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Sandusky, United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
I think I only have a newspaper article, published shortly after her death, with a sketch by Armani of the dress. It was more daring and glamourous than anything the Princess had ever worn before! I will look for the paper in my scrapbook and see if it's scannable and also check if I can find anything more. I do think it was mentioned in a few books, I'll check those, too.

Diana had commissioned it for a charity movie premiere she was due to attend in October, I believe. I used to know the name of the film, goodness - hate to admit that my memory is not what it used to be.
The Armani sketch can also be found in Diana, The Secret of Her Style by Diane Clehane. (It also has a sketch of the last gown Jacques Azagury created for her.)
Reply With Quote
  #951  
Old 09-03-2011, 01:23 AM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 4,537
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
Sirhon, doesn't it just drive you crazy that we never were able to see Diana in the black backless dress - with train!!! - that Armani was in the process of finishing fitting for the Princess at the time of her death? IIRC, she had an appointment for a fitting for this gown the day after she died... We had never seen Diana in Armani in public before and I'm sure she would have blown everyone away, as usual.

Has anyone ever seen a drawing of this gown? I'd love to know any information about it if any is known. Thanks to all here who are so generous with their pictures, research and knowledge.
The dress you speak of- the one that we never got to see was be Azagury as well. There is a sketch in the book Diana: The Secret of her Style.
And yes, I wish we could have seen Diana in the dress at the premiere of the movie Hercules she was planning to wear it to in October 1997. She would have knocked our socks off!! It looks similar to the dress she wore on her birthday, only with a fish- tail train, and long slit up the side to show off her fabulous legs.
Armani was fitting Diana for a backless, light blue dress with crossed shoulder straps that she was planning to wear to an AIDS benefit gala late in 1997. The sketch is in the same book I mentioned above. The fitting appointment was set for 4 September 1997.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Here is the exact picture roseroyal,I hope it works.

http://www.princeharry.co.uk/wp-cont...cess_Diana.jpg
@ Ilove CP- First off this link works, thanks!
A classic, timeless dress, and one of Diana's iconic dresses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
I am seconding Sirhon, here. That was definitely an Azagury dress. The black long beaded gown that the Princess wore (with emeralds) for her final evening engagement on her thirty-sixth birthday is a long version of this blue short dress and was given to Diana as a birthday present by Azagury who was designing quite a bit for the Princess the last few years of her life.
I third you! It is a Azagury design.
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 09-03-2011, 01:32 AM
Aliza's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Tel Aviv, Israel
Posts: 246
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The dress you speak of- the one that we never got to see was be Azagury as well. There is a sketch in the book Diana: The Secret of her Style.
And yes, I wish we could have seen Diana in the dress at the premiere of the movie Hercules she was planning to wear it to in October 1997. She would have knocked our socks off!! It looks similar to the dress she wore on her birthday, only with a fish- tail train, and long slit up the side to show off her fabulous legs.
Armani was fitting Diana for a backless, light blue dress with crossed shoulder straps that she was planning to wear to an AIDS benefit gala late in 1997. The sketch is in the same book I mentioned above. The fitting appointment was set for 4 September 1997.
Thanks for the information. You're 100% correct. See what I mean about my memory going?

I don't remember the Armani sketch, then - what I had in mind must have been the Azagury "Hercules" gown. I'll have to check if I own the book you cite or just borrowed it from the library; if I own it, I will scan and upload both here tomorrow.

Oh, it's so heartbreaking to think of those two glorious gowns that she never got to wear. There is no one who could dress as beautifully as Diana and, especially this week, we're all reminded of how very young she died and how much life (and how many clothes - not to be superficial) she still had ahead of her. How I wish we could go back in time and change the route they took from the Ritz. It's like watching "Titanic"; one just cringes at every mistake made as we know to what end it's all leading...)
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 09-03-2011, 01:41 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
Does anyone have the full on picture of this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E5xn6tn-Fl...512X384-22.jpg
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 09-03-2011, 04:15 PM
monic's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: -, Poland
Posts: 1,719
Quote:
Originally Posted by IloveCP View Post
Does anyone have the full on picture of this?

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-E5xn6tn-Fl...512X384-22.jpg

That's almost a full view from this picture:
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

The dress only:
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

Diana wore this dress by Bruce Oldfield in Portugal,1987
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing

and at the Bruce Oldfield Gala in 1988
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
ImageBam - Fast, Free Image Hosting and Photo Sharing
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 09-03-2011, 05:42 PM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
Thank you very much!It is so beautiful.
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 09-12-2011, 10:45 PM
sirhon11234's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 2,467
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliza View Post
Thanks for the information. You're 100% correct. See what I mean about my memory going?

I don't remember the Armani sketch, then - what I had in mind must have been the Azagury "Hercules" gown. I'll have to check if I own the book you cite or just borrowed it from the library; if I own it, I will scan and upload both here tomorrow.

Oh, it's so heartbreaking to think of those two glorious gowns that she never got to wear. There is no one who could dress as beautifully as Diana and, especially this week, we're all reminded of how very young she died and how much life (and how many clothes - not to be superficial) she still had ahead of her. How I wish we could go back in time and change the route they took from the Ritz. It's like watching "Titanic"; one just cringes at every mistake made as we know to what end it's all leading...)
Are referring to the dress on the left and right? If so I agree its tragic that she wasn't able to wear them. They're so timeless it could be worn today. The Princess of Wales was defiantly saving the best for last.
http://www.clevelandwomen.com/images...iana-gowns.jpg
http://www.canada.com/business/4789633.bin?size=620x400

According to Paul Diana was supposed to see Disney's Hercules. She was fortunate enough to get a copy of the soundtrack.
__________________
"I think the biggest disease the world suffers from in this day and age is the disease of people feeling unloved."
Diana, the Princess of Wales
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 10-20-2011, 12:39 AM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 4,537
Out of Africa dress

What is your opinion of the dress Diana wore to the film premiere of Out of Africa in 1986? Pic is posted in Diana Picture Thread 5.
I personally love it on her- it is unique, different, and eye- catching. Of course she looks fantastic! But then she could have worn a paper bag, and looked wonderful!
Personally, I cannot see anyone else pulling the gown off.
I think it is one of those gowns that you either love or hate- I am on the love it side.
__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 01-10-2012, 11:32 AM
IloveCP's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: -, United States
Posts: 6,273
New exhibition in march:

Princess Diana | Diana's Dresses | Kensington Palace
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 03-20-2012, 12:56 AM
roseroyal's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Rose Bush, United States
Posts: 4,537
Is it just me, or is this one snazzy outfit, ( and one that only Diana could pull off?)

Princess Diana Leaving A Rock Concert By The Chicken Shed

__________________
http://spedmusings.blogspot.com/2014...-adoption.html
Keep calm and watch Siegfried- from a wall hanging my parents gave me for my birthday! LOL!
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 03-20-2012, 09:47 AM
Dierna23's Avatar
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: -, Germany
Posts: 3,587


That's sooo early 90's, isn't it? But as they say: true beauty cannot be tarnished.
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
diana princess of wales, eveningwear


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Queen Rania's Eveningwear Part 4: November 2009 - November 2010 dazzling Archives 398 11-26-2010 01:36 PM
Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 5: November 2009 - June 2010 dazzling Archives 396 06-25-2010 02:23 AM
Princess Letizia's Eveningwear Part 4: July 2009 - November 2009 dazzling Archives 410 11-26-2009 05:13 AM
Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear 1: October 2003 - December 2008 Josefine Archives 403 12-14-2008 03:46 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium best outfit brussels carl philip chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events death fashion fashion poll funeral hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia london luxembourg margrethe ii maxima nobility official visit picture of the week poland pom president gauck president hollande president komorowski prince carl philip prince daniel princess haya princess madeleine princess mary princess mette-marit princess of asturias queen fabiola queen letizia queen letizia daytime fashion queen letizia fashion queen letizia style queen margrethe ii queen mathilde queen maxima queen maxima fashion queen maxima style queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sonja royal fashion sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague visit wedding willem-alexander


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:58 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2015
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]