Late Princess Diana's Daytime Fashion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
smg9295 said:
Diana wore the green "Biggles" gown to a private party the evening of the Duke and Duchess of York's wedding if anyone has that photo.

That's right Smg9295. I posted a picture of it & it has been merged into Post #148.:)

June ?, 1990-British Lung Association Fifth Anniversary (Mirrorpix)

November 6, 1989-Tour of Indonesia (Getty Images)

.... and April 22 1991, Brazil

Photo: Diana: The Palace Years (no photographer credited)

Squidgy said:
Diana wore this blue suit on June 13 1981 (Trooping the Colour) and again on July 16 1981 (garden party at Buckingham Palace).

Then it made its way into Sarah Ferguson's wardrobe. Sarah wore it to Diana & Charles' wedding on July 29 1981.That is Sarah, sitting in the front row (the 4th person in from the aisle.) She is beside Diana's former flatmates.

Sarah wore it again to Ascot on June 20 1985 when she had just started dating Andrew.

Photos (left to right): T Graham; The Royal Magazine (no photographer mentioned); Serge Lemoine; Globe Photos

It is not the same dress.Diana Spencer gave Sarah Ferguson the fabric left over from the dress so that Sarah could have something made to wear to Diana's wedding if you look closely you will see the difference

Last edited by a moderator:
Ygraine,
At first, I thought you were wrong about Diana's dress. However, I went back and looked and Diana's top was like a jacket. It looks like Sarah's has a small opening at the top.
So you were right!:)
By the way, I love your avatar. So cute!:wub:
Tenngirl

I love dogs:wub: I have three little scoundrels

Ygraine said:
It is not the same dress.Diana Spencer gave Sarah Ferguson the fabric left over from the dress so that Sarah could have something made to wear to Diana's wedding if you look closely you will see the difference

You may be right Ygraine. I never thought of the possibility that this suit was made from leftover fabric.

However I'm not sure. Diana often took her outfits and had them done over in a new style. I had assumed that that's what happened here. It looks like Sarah herself had the outfit changed. The way it is when she is wearing it at Ascot looks different from the way it is when she wore it to the wedding.

Does Sarah talk about this dress in her autobiography? Anyone have a good picture of her wearing it at the wedding?

Great photos I especially like the last photo she's representing the U.S.A with her sweater.

The Princess of Wales had impecable style I prefer her fashion from the 90s rather than the 80s. No royal woman in the House of Windsor today can out shine her.

She definitely had style and she set a precedent for new royals such as Mary of Denmark, Queen Rania, etc. As far as the fashions of the 90s versus the 80s, I don't think you'll get any agruments there. The 80s were very unkind! Shoulder pads, ruffles upon ruffles, bold blue eye shadow, etc.:eek:

Hi! I Noticed Many Times That Diana Used The Same Outfits Lots Of Time And I Was Amused To Find That I Was Not The Only One To Discover That. I Just Want To Tell You Thank You For The Subject And The Nice Photos That Came With It

Diana had quite a few lovely piece's. It was nice to see her recycling them, sometimes with a hat which gives the outfit a different look. she did know how to choose the right colors & also mix & match the outfit nicely. But i have to say that i came across a few printed dresses which were'nt nice but then i guess that was "in fashion" back then.

Princess Diana always had beautiful clothes, she had great designers to. I didn't really like polk a dots on her, but not many look good in polk a dots. I know I don't.:lol:

My favorite suit she ever wore was that pale blue Chanel suit william's confirmation and to another engagement.

Diana had quite a few lovely piece's. It was nice to see her recycling them, sometimes with a hat which gives the outfit a different look. she did know how to choose the right colors & also mix & match the outfit nicely. But i have to say that i came across a few printed dresses which were'nt nice but then i guess that was "in fashion" back then.
Yes . . . to be honest, I know a few dresses which I don't like at all! But you're right, maybe they were in fashion . . .

I have a question on a post from a few pages back. It was about her cream blouse with the bow, in the picture she is wearing the pink suit with the mandarin collar. Do you have a date for that and what engagement she was at? By the hairstyle I would say 1984 or 1985 but I've never seen a date or what she was doing. Please help!!! I'm trying to get my scrapbooks in some reasonable order. I probably will be 80 or 90 before I do!!! Thank you in advance.

I have a question on a post from a few pages back. It was about her cream blouse with the bow, in the picture she is wearing the pink suit with the mandarin collar. Do you have a date for that and what engagement she was at? By the hairstyle I would say 1984 or 1985 but I've never seen a date or what she was doing. Please help!!! I'm trying to get my scrapbooks in some reasonable order. I probably will be 80 or 90 before I do!!! Thank you in advance.

Could you link the post with the picture to show exactly which one you're talking about ? I'd like to help but I'm not sure if it's the same we're thinking of.:flowers:

Princess Diana was so elegant. It´s very difficult looking for another royal lady with elegance.

pink suit

Diana wore this cream satin bow blouse often, c.1983 - 1985. Then it seems she either gave or lent it to her sister Sarah for their appearance at West Heath in 1987. At this event Sarah is also wearing a seersucker suit of Diana's (as pointed out by TRF member Squidgy in post 59 of "Magazine Covers of the late Diana" thread.)

Sarah wearing the blouse and suit
Tim Graham/Corbis
suit cream blouse
(L)Keystone /Hulton Archive / Getty Images
(R) David Levenson, in "Diana Her Latest Fashions."

Some of the many times Diana wore the blouse:

Tim Graham/Corbis

Keystone/Hulton Archive/Getty Images

Tim Graham/Corbis

David Levenson, in 'Diana Her Latest Fashions."

Tim Graham/Getty Images

I hope I'm doing this right, I'm still new here. I'm wondering about a date and where she was with this suit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Diana's dresses and suits and dates

I was just going through some of the older threads and thought how about taking a dress and/or suit and putting dates and locations where she wore them.

Like the Jacques Azagury dress she first wore in Italy on April 23, 1985 and then again in British Columbia in April 30th to May 6th, 1986? See I don't have a date for when she wore it in 1986?

If you check Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected and in search box, enter Princess Diana 1986 Canada, you will find a photo and caption.

The caption says:
Diana In Jacques Azagury Design
VANCOUVER, CANADA - MAY 05: Princess Diana In Vancouver, Canada In A Blue And Black Evening Dress Designed By Fashion Designer Jacques Azagury. Arriving At The Orpheum Theatre For A Performance By The Vancouver Symphony Orchestra (Photo by Tim Graham/Getty Images)

Hope this helps.

-Ayvee

pictures please

Does anyone have pictures for these dates?

June 1, 1981
February 18, 1982 ice show wembley
February 22, 1982 Glaxo pharm. Ware, Hertfordshire
March 17, 1982 "Better Made in Britain" exhibition
May 19, 1982 new standards to household cavalry
June 4, 1983 dinner/dance at Broadlands
June 10, 1983 Founder's day parade in Chelsea
July 6, 1983 Help Poland Fund at Hatfield House, Hertfordshire
July 6, 1983 Elmhurst ballet school Camberley, Surrey
July 13, 1983 Queen's garden party at BP
July 27, 1983: Queen's garden party at BP
November 2, 1983 presented prizes for PPA at KP
November 21, 1983 Cardiff community dance project South Wales
January 1, 1984 Sandringham morning services
July 18, 1984 Laura Greig & James Lonsdale wedding

thank you in advance!!!!!

hello.
have any on got pictures of the beleville sassoon day dresss a floral one with pink yellow blue flowers. i think they called it. blue and with yellow and blue backgound colour,sorry if spelt wrong.

flowered dress

yes thank you is the correct dress,trying to get as many different ones of it i can.
sandy.:angel:

yes thank you is the correct dress,trying to get as many different ones of it i can.
sandy.:angel:

Very welcomed. If you're looking for some others, please ask :flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom