Late Princess Diana's Daytime Fashion

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had never seen the top photo of Diana you posted. Was that Royal Ascot? I know I have seen other photos of her in that outfit at Royal Ascot I think. She looks bored don't you think?

I believe that first picture was taken after Diana attended Royal Ascot and was watching a polo match. Charles may have been playing, but I don't remember. Diana was afraid that Charles would get hurt at polo so I don't think she cared to see him play.

I've read Polo didn't interest her that much, nothing with horses really did. But Prince Charles was very into it at that time.

I like two first pic. You posted the great photo of DIANA. In the first pic her hat is so beautiful and in the second pic her black dress is so elegant. thanks so much ZUBIAUR

Diana: A Celebration at The National Constitution Center

I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but if you live in the area.. The National Constitution Center in Philidelphia, Pa is having a celebration of Diana.
From Oct 3rd to Dec 31st 2009. It will be a nine gallerie showcase of her life and legacy. From her childhood, to engagement to HRH Prince Charles, to charity work.

National Constitution Center - Diana: A Celebration

ZUBIAUR said:
http://i35.tinypic.com/2aenmg0.jpg
The hat and costume are impeccable - and the pearls add her charm and elegance! One of the best outfits and hats, I think....:flowers:

:previous:

An amazing portrait, so picturesque - thanks for sharing it, Lady Meg! :flowers:

I love this whole outfit, if any Princess wore this today, we would be all over the forum raving about it. Diana really knew her fashion! Thanks for posting-

http://i36.tinypic.com/2vjd445.jpg

I put this in the wrong thread so I copied it to this one?

I'm doing this project on my computer where I put a dress she wore with the designer and the date of the engagement she wore it at. So I may need your expertise in the future. Thank you so much.

How about this one?

Midnight blue evening gown with silver sequin, close fitting bodice with low neck, annd slender silver straps
March 3, 1981: “L'Africaine” Royal Opera House
July 15, 1981: Exhibition at the Royal Academy of Arts

How about this one, it was talked about earlier, that this dress was substituted because of the sash she would be wearing.

Pure white silk chiffon evening dress, low necked & w/fine flounced elbow length sleeves.
November 18, 1982: Queen Beatrix visit state banquet

Okay how about this one?

Fuschia pink v-neck evening gown
May 17, 1983: exhibition at Sutton Place Guilford Surrey
July 6, 1983: Hatfield House, Hertfordshire

How about this one?

Blue v-necked silk cocktail dress
January 24, 1984: Grocer's Company reception

Another one!!!!

Black velvet drop waist dress with gold spots
February 8, 1984: Reception at Ritz Hotel

Okay, one more!!!
2 pc maternity cream chiffon evening gown w/long bodice & skirt, both heavily sequinned w/waterfall pattern, elbow length sleeves split & regathered at the shoulders & low rounded neckline
May 20, 1984: Concert at Royal Opera House

One more!!!!!

Emerald green lurex w/matching overlay & loose necktie over shoulders & full loose sleeves tightly gathered into cuffs at the wrist
May 21, 1984: Concert Royal Festival Hall
June 8, 1984: Rock gala, Royal Albert Hall
July 5, 1984: Neil Diamond concert

Okay boys and girls: I know she wore this at a Fanmaker's engagement in London but I have a picture of her wearing a single pearl choker, it may have been 2 twisted together, but she did wear this dress again, imagine that! Where and when? You have 30 seconds on the clock!!!! Just kidding!!!
http://www.forum.princess-diana.com/...x/85_010_1.jpg

Whoops guess I did have it in the right section but maybe someone can help me anyway!! Thank you. I love this forum!!!

I love the last pic specially,she is really elegant.Thanks maryamj for your great contribution to this thread

Oh, maryamj - the first three are superb! Do looks gorgeous with the white hat, costume and rose.... The smile crowns the whole!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom