Princess Clotilde of Savoy's Fashion and Style Part 1: December 2007 - March 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically she is dressed as a actress, not a Princess. Anyway, whenever I look at her, I do not really see her as a Princess either.
Neither do I. She became a Princess, but she stayed an actress, the opposite of Grace Kelly.
The interesting point is that Clotilde, being a good actress, she could at least developp the "Princess' profile" like a role, but she did not.

I'm not a fan of her trousers as I think they look a little young for her, but I love her top. Her hairstyle is nice too.

Someone needs to tell her that there is an appropriate age for posing like that, and hers isn't it. I also agree with those who have said that Clotilde doesn't act like a Princess, but I have noticed that in a lot of the non-reigning Princes and Princesses. Perhaps she thinks that as she isn't part of a reigning RF, she can do as she pleases.

There are no royal rules for her I would guess , since the family is non reigning. She is an actress first and princess second.

I dislike her pose in the first pic, but she looks better in the second one. This is not one of my favorite dresses, but it is pretty in it's own way.

September 21, 2014 - Attending the Vogue Italia 50th Anniversary in a lovely black dress with a silver necklace and open hair. The dress is beautiful!

Full view 1 ** View 2

:previous:

Not sure about that outfit, I first thought it was a wide jumpsuit.

I liked the dress and complete look she wore one day earlier at the amfAR Milano 2014 - Cocktail in Milan, Italy, much better:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Clotilde with a colourful dress and dark oat at the Vionnet Spring/Summer 2015 fashion show in Paris on September 24, looks good:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

I like it. And at least she isn't doing that weird leaning pose she's so fond of.

Where is the style, where is the grace? She looks like one of those ladies in "Married To The Mob".

I'm not a fan of Clotilde's latest dress at all, as I think the colours clash. I do like her coat however, and it manages to work quite well with the dress, although I've never understood why some people feel the need to wear their coats as capes. I think Queen Silvia of Sweden has done this before, and perhaps some other royals and celebrities too.

This outfit in't my cup of tea, although it suits her. And what's with the sunglasses at night?? Is she trying to go incognito? :)

Usually when people wear sunglasses when inappropriate, they want to hide something.

:whistling:

Clotilde at the Givenchy show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring/Summer 2015 on September 28.

She could have looked so great if only she had worn a top under her jacket! This way - without one - it looks much too extreme!

** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

:previous: I agree on the no top issue. It also looks a little awkward and out of place considering the fact that the other people in the background have tops on (or at least, if I were wearing her outfit [which I would never], I would feel awkward and out of place). Having said that, the jacket is nice and suits her, and the trousers are OK, but there's something not quite right about the fitting IMO. I love her necklace as well, but am not too keen on her hairstyle, it doesn't suit her that well.

Doesn't she realize how ridiculous she looks? Evidently not. One wrong move and OOPS!! Nothing elegant or restrained about this look.

This would then be the supposed Queen of Italy...

:sad:

I don't think she looks ridiculous...this is Clotilde! I expect her to push the envelope.

Kim got there first

It's hard for me to like an outfit which was worn by Kim Kardashian two nights ago. Frankly, no one wants to see the boobs of a 45-year-old woman, semi-royal or not.

. Clotilde at the Givenchy show as part of the Paris Fashion Week Womenswear Spring/Summer 2015 on September 28. She could have looked so great if only she had worn a top under her jacket! This way - without one - it looks much too extreme! ** Full view ** Upper part 1 ** Upper part 2 **

I LOVE this iconic look. It's been worn so many times by so many classy women, over the years. She has the small breast-line that makes this classy rather than KIM KARDASHIAN VULGAR.
She's an actress , not a full time royal. Please let her do her job.

I have nothing against her not wearing a top, she has the type of breasts for it, unlike KK. But the trousers are not fitting and I'm not liking the shoes either. Plus, not sure the hair suits her. In overall is a bad look that could have been a great one.

Like it or not, current fashion seems to be harking back to the '80s. I think her clothing fits and she has the chutzpah to carry off just about anything.

Love the first two outfits especially the black and white. Not so keen on the third.

Thanks for the Clothilde fix.

The deco styled shoes don't work with the floral in the third outfit.

I loved the red dress with the periwinkle shoes.

Shoe fixation for me today, I guess. ;)

Clotilde at the presentation of the new Renault Espace and Clio at the motor show in Paris on October 2, wearing a black dress with lace parts. Nice dress!

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

[...]
She's an actress , not a full time royal. Please let her do her job.

In my understanding an actress performs a role on stage or in front of a filmcamera. Here she is not performing on a stage or making a movie. So no need to crawl into all directions like a wanna-be St Tropez celebbie. Nothing wrong with appearing as a self-conscious, proud and stylish Princess of the House di Savoia.

I am afraid Madame Courau is mixing her two eh... roles, and that is strange for a professional actress. A certain Ms Kelly was an actress as well. She knew perfectly well how to present herself as a classy, chic and immensely stylish Princess of Monaco. Let her be an example for Madame Courau.

:flowers:

Comparing the inimitable Grace Kelly with Clotilde is like comparing platinum to gold. They are from different eras and different social mores. Clotilde is a modern woman and Grace is/was an icon. Very unfair comparison, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom