Princess Charlene's Maternity Fashion: May 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My youngest is 4 and a half so I wasn't pregnant THAT long ago and I can say that PC's clothes look so comfy for the stage she is at. When your tummy begins to stick out, like her's is doing now, you want to look appropriate for the occasion but comfortable so this outfit is perfect.
:previous:
Absolutely agree. I had my two boys in quick succession, and when you're 6/7 months pregnant, comfort is the key.

Most women don't like showing their bump, or wearing tight clothing and prefer to be discreet.

Charlene looks comfy and happy.

Heading into the third trimester now - you can see that bump. Impossible to tell how big she is with the type of clothing she is wearing.

September 21, 2014 - Charlene in a pants suit and white layered top with a black ribbon in New York attending the 8th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Awards And CGCA Blue Carpet.

Love the look! The top is very pretty, very dressy with the black suit. Couldn't go wrong IMO.

Full view ** Close up ** Carolina Herrera top

Last edited:
I don't particularly like it. I think it's the bowtie - it looks like she's going to be serving the drinks.

Charlene is very pretty with this black suit, she wears her pregnancy with a lot of elegance.

I'd like to see more color on her than white, navy and black

I've said before that I don't think Charlene is a clothes horse. I think for most of her life we will see her in same old same old style for working day wear. But it does seem that she got the memo and is willing to let someone with tastier taste choose her evening wear garments. Personally, I can live with that.

September 21, 2014 - Charlene in a pants suit and white layered top with a black ribbon in New York attending the 8th Annual Clinton Global Citizen Awards And CGCA Blue Carpet.

Love the look! The top is very pretty, very dressy with the black suit. Couldn't go wrong IMO.

Not a fan, but I guess she is at an awkward stage of the pregnancy, and it is probably quite difficult to dress elegantly at this stage.

She needs to soften her look a bit. Even her hair needs softening to go with this tailored suit. I like the top with it's tiny sequins, and one can't go too wrong with black and white. :)

I like the style of P Charlene's maternity wear thus far. It is dignified and still elegant. I like the fact that she is not trying to flaunt her pregnancy by wearing the tight fitting, clinging clothes that some Hollywood actresses seem to favour. A bit more colour in her outfits would be nice though...

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Yes she does look tired she may not be having an easy time of it. She will be almost 37 when the baby comes which is pretty old for a first time mother. Do like her outfit, pantsuit with dressy top, just perfect for the occasion

I think she looks really charming better than she has looked in ages IMO actually why on earth would she be tired ??? What does she do to make her tired I ask you ... but that is only IMO

I like the style of P Charlene's maternity wear thus far. It is dignified and still elegant. I like the fact that she is not trying to flaunt her pregnancy by wearing the tight fitting, clinging clothes that some Hollywood actresses seem to favour. A bit more colour in her outfits would be nice though...
I like her discreet style as well. It certainly stymies those on "Bump Watch". :D But a little more colour either in her cheeks or clothes would be good.

bertie5252003 said:
I think she looks really charming better than she has looked in ages IMO actually why on earth would she be tired ??? What does she do to make her tired I ask you ... but that is only IMO
Well, from the early announcement of her pregnancy to her almost invisible state since then, I think she may have had, or still is having, a pretty rough time of it. Travelling long distances is never really easy and doing it while pregnant, more so I expect. So she is, in all likelyhood, jet lagged too.

I think a little kindness, mercy and respect never goes amiss.

I like the top but prefer the feminine version with a skirt. Charlene looks ok, I couldnt tell she was pregnant if I didnt know.

I get the impression from her few engagements and her tired look, Charlene is having a difficult time during her pregnancy. She didnt look great in the black trouser suit

She Looks phantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye Bine

Posts that did not comment on any of Princess Charlene's fashion choices have been removed as off-topic. Please stay on topic of this thread. Thanks!

On September 23 Charlene wore a nice dress in white and black for a reception with US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle:

** Full view **

Beautiful! (Only wish it was in a brighter color to liven up Charlene's complexion)

I can't even tell she's pregnant in this photo - there's some serious camouflage effect going on.

The ombre effect on this dress is a clever way to disguise the pregnancy. I really liked the burgundy dress that she wore on the second day...lovely.

Wow! This latest outfit at the reception is really stunning! And being satin it must be really lovely to the touch. P Charlene takes maternity wear to a new level, cleverly disguising (not hiding) her pregnant curves with a subtle play with colour and cut. Darker colours always have a slimming effect. Her clothes have a slightly wider cut, but is still fairly tight fitting without accentuating her tummy. And of course still very stylish and elegant. Compliments to her designers!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

All the outfits Charlene wore on this trip so far are Carolina Herrera

The Royal Couturier: Princess Charlene Wears Carolina Herrera to New York

She could not have chosen better. Carolina Herrera understands elegance and understatement like few other designers on the planet, imo.

However, I must add that I don't really understand the idea behind a happily pregnant, married woman wishing to minimize, camouflage, or "hide" her pregnancy.

What's the point?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom