The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-25-2014, 05:53 PM
Heir Apparent

No one can say she is trying to hide her pregnancy in this beautiful, chic outfit! Love the soft color on her. She looks wonderful.

Old 09-25-2014, 06:05 PM
Serene Highness

She looks fantastic!! Blue really suits her!

Old 09-25-2014, 08:17 PM
Majesty

And this pic is a classic:

http://photo.voici.fr/media/cache/wi...e-5-134321.jpg

I think pregnancy is definitely affecting her hair or what product she uses, but thats OK too. She is looking good and quite ready to share her "bump" on her own terms.
Old 09-25-2014, 08:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Carolina Herrera was a fantastic choice. All her outfits in NY have been amazing.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

I agree, it's beautiful, as is most of her choices - although I'm probably the only one who hated the black and white.

Is she trying to tell us something with the baby blue?
Old 09-25-2014, 11:21 PM
Majesty

Charlene has never struck me as the "look at me" type of woman although her carriage is enviable and probably a result of her diving training.. She looks good in so many ways but I think this trip has illustrated that a pregant woman such as she, puts on the Carolina Herrera which is obviously tailored differently for a pregnant woman, and moves about doing what she has to do.

I love the black and white ensemble. I think it fits the occasion beautifully and since it is not a "fashion" red carpet she didn't let her "bump" become the star attraction. (I would love to see her with the skirt.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BnoCfijzZR...200%401.5x.jpg

The burgundy gown was a beautiful colour on her and really gave her a glow. Once again, not a fashion occasion and she looks like she's there for a reason.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sw7TUABpoH...191DSC3300.jpg

Now this little number is a magnificent example of creative tailoring as she was, attending a reception with the President and First Lady as one part of a Princely couple of Monaco. You can see she's pregnant if you look hard but that's not what the photo was about.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L0dqi-3dFA...37219856_n.jpg

And finally, a beautiful powder blue ensemble of dress and coat where not only was she visibly pregnant, she was among friends at an engagement for a cause close to her heart and not in the least backward about sharing her bump with others.

http://photo.voici.fr/media/cache/wi...e-5-134321.jpg
Old 09-26-2014, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

Love the powder blue no sure about the black and white though.
Old 09-26-2014, 06:54 AM
Majesty

She can pull off most of the dresses but this is just huge... :-D
Old 09-26-2014, 08:38 AM
Heir Apparent

And the powder blue was perfectly hemmed. That's not easy on two pieces over a changing body.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:27 AM
Aristocracy

Pregnancy suits Charlene. If possible it has made her more beautiful, radiant and in these last pictures she wants to share her happiness with others. God bless you and wish you a safe delivery.
Old 09-26-2014, 09:33 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieGiraffe View Post
I agree, it's beautiful, as is most of her choices - although I'm probably the only one who hated the black and white.

Is she trying to tell us something with the baby blue?
No GG, you weren't the only one. I wasn't crazy about it either.

I'd love a little Prince, but there are already two new baby boys in the family. A little Princess to break the spell would be great too!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-26-2014, 03:39 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Charlene's black and white outfit is not a favourite of mine, but she looks nice in it. The bow on her top is a little unnecessary and awkward to me. I love her pastel blue dress however, that particular shade of blue seems to suit her a lot. It would be interesting to see her in other pastel colours such as pink as this looks wonderful on her. I have never been the biggest fan of Charlene's hairstyle, but for me, she is one of those people whom once they have stuck to a certain haircut, are hard to imagine with a different one.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-26-2014, 10:08 PM
Heir Apparent

I have been waiting for beautifully made, custom maternity clothing from her and was not disappointed. Please stick with Herrera, just perfect for her.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
No GG, you weren't the only one. I wasn't crazy about it either.

I'd love a little Prince, but there are already two new baby boys in the family. A little Princess to break the spell would be great too!
I have been leaning towards boy, although I'm starting to think girl. The one thing I'm sure of is that it's one or the other.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I have never been the biggest fan of Charlene's hairstyle, but for me, she is one of those people whom once they have stuck to a certain haircut, are hard to imagine with a different one.
I think she looks wonderful with the short hair, it suits her, but I hate it when she slicks it back -she looked like David Bowie.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:18 PM
Majesty

Not only perfect for her but she obviously has a fantastic eye for her clients and her designs. Creating maternity versions of her designs for Charlene shows a rare ability to alter the design in very specific ways. Each of the ensembles has been perfect for the occasion and that is the thing that has blown me away.

Charlene attended engagements that render her pregnancy irrelevant. They were actual working occasions rather that "guest" appearances, and Charlene was perfectly dressed for each occasion.

I am hard pressed to say which ensemble is my favourite but am leaning toward the powder blue dress and coat. Probably because she was so utterly relaxed and enjoyed sharing her pregnancy with friends and acquaintances. Then again, I'd love to see the black and white top with a skirt and if anyone could make that design work for a pregnant lady, I'm guessing it would be Carolina Herrera.
Old 09-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

The cocktail dress was a lovely choice. Not only was the color combination great but it was a flattering dress.

The grey dress suit or powder blue is lovely! The color is a classic choice and the tailoring of the coat is very couture. One of my favorite classic pregnancy looks of all times.
Old 09-27-2014, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

plus the gorgeous fabrics, besides fit, shines through
Old 09-27-2014, 04:17 PM
Nobility

Charlene's dress and coat are designed by Carolina Herrera, too

The Royal Couturier: Princess Charlene Wears Carolina Herrera to the Annual World Focus on Autism
Old 09-27-2014, 05:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

I love the princess, I do not like the outfit. The color is blah and there is nothing special about it.
Old 09-28-2014, 02:59 AM
Moderator Emeritus
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
It's nice that Charlene has found a new designer which flatters her. Herrera designs are classic and timeless, I hope we see her more in her designs in the future and in her evening dresses.

For some reason I thought this was a couture piece as the detailing is very well made.

Tags
fashion, maternity fashion, princess charlene, princess charlene maternity fashion, princess charlene pregnancy style, royal pregnancy fashion