The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal House of Fashion

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2014, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I get the impression from her few engagements and her tired look, Charlene is having a difficult time during her pregnancy. She didnt look great in the black trouser suit

Old 09-23-2014, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I can't comment on this new outfit because we can only see that is simple and brownish... But it's okay since she was at the meeting with Albert... You have to look professional...
Charlene Wittstock Photos - Zimbio
I'd love to see the whole outfit but I must say that the color looks fantastic on Charlene. I don't see any signs of tiredness.

Old 09-24-2014, 02:29 AM
Serene Highness

She Looks phantastic!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bye Bine
Old 09-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Administrator

Posts that did not comment on any of Princess Charlene's fashion choices have been removed as off-topic. Please stay on topic of this thread. Thanks!

On September 23 Charlene wore a nice dress in white and black for a reception with US President Barack Obama and his wife Michelle:

** Full view **
Old 09-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Serene Highness

Beautiful! (Only wish it was in a brighter color to liven up Charlene's complexion)

I can't even tell she's pregnant in this photo - there's some serious camouflage effect going on.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

She looks great!
Old 09-25-2014, 11:31 AM
Nobility

All the outfits Charlene wore on this trip so far are Carolina Herrera

The Royal Couturier: Princess Charlene Wears Carolina Herrera to New York
Old 09-25-2014, 12:01 PM
Heir Apparent

The ombre effect on this dress is a clever way to disguise the pregnancy. I really liked the burgundy dress that she wore on the second day...lovely.
Old 09-25-2014, 12:16 PM
Courtier

Wow! This latest outfit at the reception is really stunning! And being satin it must be really lovely to the touch. P Charlene takes maternity wear to a new level, cleverly disguising (not hiding) her pregnant curves with a subtle play with colour and cut. Darker colours always have a slimming effect. Her clothes have a slightly wider cut, but is still fairly tight fitting without accentuating her tummy. And of course still very stylish and elegant. Compliments to her designers!

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-25-2014, 01:41 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
All the outfits Charlene wore on this trip so far are Carolina Herrera

The Royal Couturier: Princess Charlene Wears Carolina Herrera to New York
She could not have chosen better. Carolina Herrera understands elegance and understatement like few other designers on the planet, imo.

However, I must add that I don't really understand the idea behind a happily pregnant, married woman wishing to minimize, camouflage, or "hide" her pregnancy.

What's the point?
Old 09-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
She could not have chosen better. Carolina Herrera understands elegance and understatement like few other designers on the planet, imo.

However, I must add that I don't really understand the idea behind a happily pregnant, married woman wishing to minimize, camouflage, or "hide" her pregnancy.

What's the point?

A lot of women dont feel the need to show off their pregnancy bumps - they prefer modest clothes and I for one am glad to see Charlene following this route. I dont like alot of 'celebrities' in the media flauting their bumps in tight revealing clothing. It is just a personal thing that i dont like.

The dress for the Obama reception looks good on Charlene - i think often these type of clothes can be worn after birth. We have seen the Duchess of Cambridge do that wearing and adjusting clothes from her pre-pregnancy wardrobe during her pregnancy with George.

Old 09-25-2014, 01:56 PM
Courtier

^^^ previous. I don't think she is purposely trying to hide her pregnancy, todays' pics at the Autism event prove that. She is wearing a lovely loose fitting outfit that clearly shows her pregnancy. And then she makes that typical gesture of a pregnant woman by placing her hands on her tummy and showing how pregnant she really is. I think she's more disguising it and by doing so remains very elegant and feminine. Compare her look to the latest pics of Kourtney Kardashian (!!) ("Pure People"). The Princess's look, I would say, is showing she's pregnant without flaunting it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 09-25-2014, 01:57 PM
Heir Apparent

I don't like the current way of maternity dressing either. Pretty much reminds me of what used to be dubbed "trailer trash", where the women would just wear their husband's t-shirts. Yuk!
Old 09-25-2014, 01:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

A ordinary pregnant without the medias around her to find something wrong during three years would not minimize her pregnancy , but Charlene had so many naughties rumors based on one photo or two will minimize her pregnancy to preserve herself from the medias to avoid the stress on her.

But I don't think she wants to minimize, there are a lot of baby bumps, small, big, medium, Charlene is tall and she was very slim before her pregnancy, she has the chance to wear still beautiful elegant cloths for not very pregnant women this chance that other pregnant women have not at this term.

To day, at the 'world focus on autism' she shows her baby bump and there is this photo where she is so proud to show her baby bump to attending persons in putting her hands on it.
Old 09-25-2014, 03:36 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
A lot of women dont feel the need to show off their pregnancy bumps - they prefer modest clothes and I for one am glad to see Charlene following this route. I dont like alot of 'celebrities' in the media flauting their bumps in tight revealing clothing. It is just a personal thing that i dont like.

The dress for the Obama reception looks good on Charlene - i think often these type of clothes can be worn after birth. We have seen the Duchess of Cambridge do that wearing and adjusting clothes from her pre-pregnancy wardrobe during her pregnancy with George.

Who said anything about flaunting bumps or showing off? I'm not discussing celebs who pose naked pregnant or who wear tight t-shirts at nine months. I don't like that either.

I'm simply confused about why a woman who is expecting a child would want to hide the fact, as if it's something distasteful or to be ashamed of.

For the record I think Charlene looked great in NYC. If, as melina-premiere posted, the princess simply feels self-conscious after so many years of intrusive and often unkind speculation about her pregnancy status, I completely understand why she doesn't want press and everyone else focusing on her stomach.
Old 09-25-2014, 04:21 PM
Royal Highness

As if you can hide a big bump in the midsection of your body. Ain't got nothing to do with hiding or showing off. I think it's such a bullsh.t statement that some pregnant women ''flaunt'' it by wearing tight clothes. Her choice, her body and a pregnancy isn't shocking. Get over it.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:23 PM
Administrator

Here's the discussed outfit in light blue from today, September 25:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **
Old 09-25-2014, 05:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Charlene has worn some lovely maternity clothes on this trip. There is a very different effect achieved by the outfit with the Obamas' and the blue outfit worn today. Both suit her well and I'm pleased to see her out and about.
Old 09-25-2014, 05:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

Here's the discussed outfit in light blue from today, September 25:

** Full view 1 ** Full view 2 **

Fantastic, I love it!
Old 09-25-2014, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress Merel View Post
As if you can hide a big bump in the midsection of your body. Ain't got nothing to do with hiding or showing off. I think it's such a bullsh.t statement that some pregnant women ''flaunt'' it by wearing tight clothes. Her choice, her body and a pregnancy isn't shocking. Get over it.
Exactly. I don't see why a pregnant woman shouldn't wear tight clothes. Why should they be ashamed to show off their belly?

I haven't been impressed with Charlene's pregnant style, but I love this latest blue outfit. She looks beautiful in it.

Tags
fashion, maternity fashion, princess charlene, princess charlene maternity fashion, princess charlene pregnancy style, royal pregnancy fashion