Princess Charlene's Maternity Fashion: May 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She could not have chosen better. Carolina Herrera understands elegance and understatement like few other designers on the planet, imo.

However, I must add that I don't really understand the idea behind a happily pregnant, married woman wishing to minimize, camouflage, or "hide" her pregnancy.

What's the point?

A lot of women dont feel the need to show off their pregnancy bumps - they prefer modest clothes and I for one am glad to see Charlene following this route. I dont like alot of 'celebrities' in the media flauting their bumps in tight revealing clothing. It is just a personal thing that i dont like.

The dress for the Obama reception looks good on Charlene - i think often these type of clothes can be worn after birth. We have seen the Duchess of Cambridge do that wearing and adjusting clothes from her pre-pregnancy wardrobe during her pregnancy with George.

^^^ previous. I don't think she is purposely trying to hide her pregnancy, todays' pics at the Autism event prove that. She is wearing a lovely loose fitting outfit that clearly shows her pregnancy. And then she makes that typical gesture of a pregnant woman by placing her hands on her tummy and showing how pregnant she really is. I think she's more disguising it and by doing so remains very elegant and feminine. Compare her look to the latest pics of Kourtney Kardashian (!!) ("Pure People"). The Princess's look, I would say, is showing she's pregnant without flaunting it.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

I don't like the current way of maternity dressing either. Pretty much reminds me of what used to be dubbed "trailer trash", where the women would just wear their husband's t-shirts. Yuk!

A ordinary pregnant without the medias around her to find something wrong during three years would not minimize her pregnancy , but Charlene had so many naughties rumors based on one photo or two will minimize her pregnancy to preserve herself from the medias to avoid the stress on her.

But I don't think she wants to minimize, there are a lot of baby bumps, small, big, medium, Charlene is tall and she was very slim before her pregnancy, she has the chance to wear still beautiful elegant cloths for not very pregnant women this chance that other pregnant women have not at this term.

To day, at the 'world focus on autism' she shows her baby bump and there is this photo where she is so proud to show her baby bump to attending persons in putting her hands on it.

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of women dont feel the need to show off their pregnancy bumps - they prefer modest clothes and I for one am glad to see Charlene following this route. I dont like alot of 'celebrities' in the media flauting their bumps in tight revealing clothing. It is just a personal thing that i dont like.

The dress for the Obama reception looks good on Charlene - i think often these type of clothes can be worn after birth. We have seen the Duchess of Cambridge do that wearing and adjusting clothes from her pre-pregnancy wardrobe during her pregnancy with George.

Who said anything about flaunting bumps or showing off? I'm not discussing celebs who pose naked pregnant or who wear tight t-shirts at nine months. I don't like that either.

I'm simply confused about why a woman who is expecting a child would want to hide the fact, as if it's something distasteful or to be ashamed of.

For the record I think Charlene looked great in NYC. If, as melina-premiere posted, the princess simply feels self-conscious after so many years of intrusive and often unkind speculation about her pregnancy status, I completely understand why she doesn't want press and everyone else focusing on her stomach.

Last edited:
As if you can hide a big bump in the midsection of your body. Ain't got nothing to do with hiding or showing off. I think it's such a bullsh.t statement that some pregnant women ''flaunt'' it by wearing tight clothes. Her choice, her body and a pregnancy isn't shocking. Get over it.

Charlene has worn some lovely maternity clothes on this trip. There is a very different effect achieved by the outfit with the Obamas' and the blue outfit worn today. Both suit her well and I'm pleased to see her out and about.

As if you can hide a big bump in the midsection of your body. Ain't got nothing to do with hiding or showing off. I think it's such a bullsh.t statement that some pregnant women ''flaunt'' it by wearing tight clothes. Her choice, her body and a pregnancy isn't shocking. Get over it.

Exactly. I don't see why a pregnant woman shouldn't wear tight clothes. Why should they be ashamed to show off their belly?

I haven't been impressed with Charlene's pregnant style, but I love this latest blue outfit. She looks beautiful in it.

No one can say she is trying to hide her pregnancy in this beautiful, chic outfit! Love the soft color on her. She looks wonderful.

She looks fantastic!! Blue really suits her!

Carolina Herrera was a fantastic choice. All her outfits in NY have been amazing.

I agree, it's beautiful, as is most of her choices - although I'm probably the only one who hated the black and white.

Is she trying to tell us something with the baby blue? ;)

Charlene has never struck me as the "look at me" type of woman although her carriage is enviable and probably a result of her diving training.. She looks good in so many ways but I think this trip has illustrated that a pregant woman such as she, puts on the Carolina Herrera which is obviously tailored differently for a pregnant woman, and moves about doing what she has to do.

I love the black and white ensemble. I think it fits the occasion beautifully and since it is not a "fashion" red carpet she didn't let her "bump" become the star attraction. (I would love to see her with the skirt.)

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-BnoCfijzZ...ties-receptions_ceremonies_1200x1200@1.5x.jpg

The burgundy gown was a beautiful colour on her and really gave her a glow. Once again, not a fashion occasion and she looks like she's there for a reason.

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-sw7TUABpoHI/VCQAtCcHOlI/AAAAAAAAKro/lNS7ZsHwi0I/s1600/881191DSC3300.jpg

Now this little number is a magnificent example of creative tailoring as she was, attending a reception with the President and First Lady as one part of a Princely couple of Monaco. You can see she's pregnant if you look hard but that's not what the photo was about.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-L0dqi-3dF...096_895397573806116_7832359926237219856_n.jpg

And finally, a beautiful powder blue ensemble of dress and coat where not only was she visibly pregnant, she was among friends at an engagement for a cause close to her heart and not in the least backward about sharing her bump with others.

http://photo.voici.fr/media/cache/w...e-enfin-ca-se-voit-7899/charlene-5-134321.jpg

Love the powder blue no sure about the black and white though.

She can pull off most of the dresses but this is just huge... :-D

And the powder blue was perfectly hemmed. That's not easy on two pieces over a changing body.

Pregnancy suits Charlene. If possible it has made her more beautiful, radiant and in these last pictures she wants to share her happiness with others. God bless you and wish you a safe delivery.

I agree, it's beautiful, as is most of her choices - although I'm probably the only one who hated the black and white.

Is she trying to tell us something with the baby blue? ;)

No GG, you weren't the only one. I wasn't crazy about it either.

I'd love a little Prince, but there are already two new baby boys in the family. A little Princess to break the spell would be great too;)!

Charlene's black and white outfit is not a favourite of mine, but she looks nice in it. The bow on her top is a little unnecessary and awkward to me. I love her pastel blue dress however, that particular shade of blue seems to suit her a lot. It would be interesting to see her in other pastel colours such as pink as this looks wonderful on her. I have never been the biggest fan of Charlene's hairstyle, but for me, she is one of those people whom once they have stuck to a certain haircut, are hard to imagine with a different one.

I have been waiting for beautifully made, custom maternity clothing from her and was not disappointed. Please stick with Herrera, just perfect for her.

No GG, you weren't the only one. I wasn't crazy about it either.

I'd love a little Prince, but there are already two new baby boys in the family. A little Princess to break the spell would be great too;)!

I have been leaning towards boy, although I'm starting to think girl. The one thing I'm sure of is that it's one or the other.

I have never been the biggest fan of Charlene's hairstyle, but for me, she is one of those people whom once they have stuck to a certain haircut, are hard to imagine with a different one.

I think she looks wonderful with the short hair, it suits her, but I hate it when she slicks it back -she looked like David Bowie.

:previous: Not only perfect for her but she obviously has a fantastic eye for her clients and her designs. Creating maternity versions of her designs for Charlene shows a rare ability to alter the design in very specific ways. Each of the ensembles has been perfect for the occasion and that is the thing that has blown me away.

Charlene attended engagements that render her pregnancy irrelevant. They were actual working occasions rather that "guest" appearances, and Charlene was perfectly dressed for each occasion.

I am hard pressed to say which ensemble is my favourite but am leaning toward the powder blue dress and coat. Probably because she was so utterly relaxed and enjoyed sharing her pregnancy with friends and acquaintances. Then again, I'd love to see the black and white top with a skirt and if anyone could make that design work for a pregnant lady, I'm guessing it would be Carolina Herrera.

The cocktail dress was a lovely choice. Not only was the color combination great but it was a flattering dress.

The grey dress suit or powder blue is lovely! The color is a classic choice and the tailoring of the coat is very couture. One of my favorite classic pregnancy looks of all times.

I love the princess, I do not like the outfit. The color is blah and there is nothing special about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom