Princess Charlene's Maternity Fashion: May 2014 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so happy to see Charlene again. I like the dress, but the belt looks painful to me (well since I know she's having a baby, that's why I'm feeling this way).

Is there any side pic? I would love to see.

Charlene looks lovely! Like the dress, but don't care for the flats. As long as she's comfortable...

I'm so happy to see Charlene again. I like the dress, but the belt looks painful to me (well since I know she's having a baby, that's why I'm feeling this way).

Is there any side pic? I would love to see.

I could not stand anything around my waist like a belt during pregnancy. I suppose she had it on for a few hours during the event and threw it off when she got home. ;)

:previous: Charlene looks nice in general and white suits her, although I'm not a huge fan of her cardigan. Her hair looks shorter to me, perhaps she's had it cut again.

She looks pretty happy, the cardigan I find a little dowdy and there's no playfulness in her maternity dresses, they all look a little too matronly for my taste, but that's just me.

The dress at the picnic is OK but nothing special. I don't particularly like the cut or the pleating.

September 1, 2014 - Charlene looking lovely in a navy sleeveless dress with a matching belt and tan flats. The dress is lovely but black flats would've worked much nicer IMO.

Full view ** Close up
Mmmm, navy and tan seems to be all the rage at the moment. The belt looked to be matching her dress rather than her shoes and her shoes looked to be made more for comfort than fashion.

I was a little surprised to see Charlene wearing this dress. I seemed to be really tight over the bustline and around the arms. It also looked uncomfortably snug around the waistline and the wll centered belt just looked odd. It's almost like she is trying to squeeze into a larger size dress rather than wear an actual maternity dress.

However, props to her for her masterful maneuvering of the bouquet to obscure the proportions of her "bump".

I like the dress but I've seen "real" maternity outfits so far...when she will be eight months pregnant we'll see something I guess:lol:

I was a little surprised to see Charlene wearing this dress. I seemed to be really tight over the bustline and around the arms. It also looked uncomfortably snug around the waistline and the wll centered belt just looked odd. It's almost like she is trying to squeeze into a larger size dress rather than wear an actual maternity dress.

Totally agree about the fit. Her evening gown for the Ball several weeks ago looked more comfortable.

The dress is too tight and really does nothing for her IMO the whole thing looks uncomfortable and a belt!!!!

Charlene can wear normal dress adjusted to her body . the designers can transformed her dresses into maternity dresses, it is more elegant than the maternity dresses which look like tents

:previous: Bummer! Just as I thought, Charlene is dedicated to denying any sign of the "Bump" by wearing larger sized dresses.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-RlChj9_Li...AAKoQ/2LpbvnVk04U/s1600/Alberto-charlene1.jpg

However, at this stage of the game I really think these photos put the lie to the notion there's twins snuggled in there. :whistling:

Charlene can wear normal dress adjusted to her body . the designers can transformed her dresses into maternity dresses, it is more elegant than the maternity dresses which look like tents
Fashionable maternity dresses are beautiful and the trend to not wearing maternity clothes is a bit sad. It seems like they denying the existence of their child, or worse, ashamed of it.

Last edited:
Some maternity clothes today, are pathetic. They cling for no reason at all rather than flowing away. Dressing nicely is not denying anything. She looked lovely.

Neither my own mother (in the 60s) nor myself in the 90s, actually wore 'maternity clothes', just bought a size up for the final chapter. My dear mother is 5'0" if she holds her breath really big. I am 5'9". And this is without the advantage of Valentino et all to custom make things. Though I would not have traded my favorite yoga pants for her wardrobe! :)

All the pregnancies are different, we see a belly very quikly in some women and we see a very little belly during a long time on other. Charlene has a small belly and she does not want to wear already a maternity dress. Some dresses can be adjusted to her body. On the site of Monaco matin we see that she took weight, her size are bigger and her face has round cheeks. and the photos taken by side show a little belly But she wants to be elegant and she will not show her belly as a trophy, she wants to be elegant and she was doing a good job.
She is expecting one child

This outfit doesn't do a thing for her. It's too tight in the bust. :ermm:

I always feel for women who are pregnant and not slaves to fashion. To have to purchase almost an entire new wardrobe for such a short time would be a drag if you don't like to shop. It's worse for public figures, because they have to buy more kinds of apparel for various formal and public situations. And what fits today may be a bust (bad pun, sorry, I could not resist) next week.
And I would add the least pregnant looking woman I have ever known was a tall fitness swimmer. At 9 months, second child, she had a very small bump and carried herself as if she were not pregnant. She also had an easy delivery. I'm wishing the same for Princess Charlene.

Well, it certainly is easier when you have all the help at your feet, so to say. It beats going to the crowded Mall and trying on umpteen outfits hoping to find flattering outfits. I really don't feel for princesses as they can't have it that hard. I Do understand what you are saying, AdmirerUS. Having to be scrutinized every time they go out must be a bummer! But that comes with their title. :)

I am glad she is trying to retain elegance and dignity. She is very tall and very fit so she will carry differently. She looks good with a little weight on, the dress is very pretty but too tight in the bust.

A comfortable outfit for Charlene at the Evian Championship at the Evian Resort Golf Club in Evian-les-Bains, France, on September 14, 2014:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Sorry but I've not been a fan of the maternity wear she has worn so far... these large kaftan/t shirt is not flattering at all IMO. I like the pants though. That shape always suits her

This look is comfortable, but not particularly stylish. I think the V-neckline is a bit low. It's nice to see them holding hands..

Black?? *groan* (...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Not liking this outfit. The trousers are way too long and the top doesn't suit her.

My youngest is 4 and a half so I wasn't pregnant THAT long ago and I can say that PC's clothes look so comfy for the stage she is at. When your tummy begins to stick out, like her's is doing now, you want to look appropriate for the occasion but comfortable so this outfit is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom