Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 16: January 2018 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, what a severe look.... almost frightening...

Funereal or like she got the part of the evil queen in a Disney movie. A contrasting necklace or coloured handbag would lighten the look so much.

That said, I actually quite like it - it's superbly cut and she has the posture to carry it off. The cut at the back is amazing.

Last edited:
for some reason my association was "Fraulein Helga from Allo Allo", but Helga smiled more ?

Last edited:
I don't understand the look. Does she have to wear black today? It doesn't look like it.

None of the outfit looks good; it's too dark, it completely hides her figure and it's far too long.

Charlene continues to perplex me.

She reminds me of Angelica Huston from the Family Adams :D
This is funeral look

I don't understand the look. Does she have to wear black today? It doesn't look like it.

Was my first thought too, but P.Albert isn't wearing black, but blue, so indeed not an all-black dresscode..

in other words: the look is by choice :flowers:

Hmmm....she is a naturally elegant woman with the height and figure to carry off nearly anything. I agree with posters who find the look a bit perplexing and severe but hey....it's HSH the Princesse Charlene de Monaco!

If anyone can pull it off she can.;)

This woman is a fashion enigma. You really can’t predict from one day to the next which aspect of her personality she might choose to project. Oh to be a fly on the wall when Albert saw her outfit for today’s appearance. Apart from the horror film references other posters have likened it to, which made me smile, it also reminds me of someone who has taken religious orders. I loved her cheerful, cosy outfit of yesterday but today’s is so severe it resembles a costume and so in this context is plain silly.

Agree way too severe looking. And yes, she looks like she could be a member of the clergy.

Not only is it way too severe look but the all black makes it even more bleak.

Last edited:
Charlene wore quite a lot of black last year the few times we saw her ,todays look was far too austere it was a Feast day not a Funeral.

It has just occurred to me that Charlene is dressed like Uncle Fester in the old 60's TV series "The Addams Family"....:eek::lol:

I just cannot get her... honestly that outfit is near the worst I have ever seen on her ... does she do it on purpose????????

I don't think there's a dresscode, she often wore black or dark blue, but also lighter and more colours for that same event:

** 2018 ** 2017 ** 2016 ** 2014 **

When she wore all black before it didn't look as severe. I guess its the style that helped. I like her 2017-2018 looks best.

. Princess Charlene at the Sainte-Devote celebrations today, January 27:** Upper part ** Back view **

I love it that she pushes the boundaries while holding true to really classic lines. I like it MOST when she mixes classic with edgy like this. But I get it that some of us don't like it.

I usually like it when she decides to be a little quirky or edgy in her choices, but just don’t think this is the type of occasion to be pushing the boundaries. If it were a non religious occasion perhaps, but I think for such an important and traditional event which is special for Monagasques, she has misjudged things and looks plain odd.

The colours are nice but the cut of the jacket is unflattering,another plus is Princess Charlene's hair hasn't looked this good in years.

I agree that the cut of the coat is unflattering and not too keen on the fabric. Lovely to see her out and about in Monaco with her family though.

The colours are nice but the cut of the jacket is unflattering,another plus is Princess Charlene's hair hasn't looked this good in years.

Agreed. The jacket cut doesn’t suit her. The pants look great on her though.

I really like that her hair is a bit longer than it has been. Much more flattering.

Its one of the nicest yet simpler outfits that Charlene worn in along time ,her hair is also looking good too.

I very much like her hair, but there is something about the fit of this suit that bothers me.....

A smart, practical suit but the length of the trousers, which I know is currently favoured by the likes of Victoria Beckham, just looks silly as it completely covers the foot and must be difficult to avoid getting your foot caught in the fabric. The suit apart, the rest of her appearance could be more polished.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom