Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I see nothing tacky here, she is not nacked and you never saw strippers in your life ! and it is not fair to say that about the princess Charlene but here, on this forum, there are a lot of persons who are criticing Charlene since 2006, who don't love her and come very quickly to critic her
We are used to this

OMG, this is atrocious (..)....good gravy woman, what are you thinking.....:eek:

Last edited by a moderator:
Charlene is very elegant and I like the dress and the jumpsuit

Oh my God, we are seeing a part of her skin !

we are in 2017 not in 1900; a princess can show her body , she is not nacked , some princess of Sweden showed us more than a little part of skin before her wedding

If we follow you, a princess must wear 'a burka'

Charlene has developed a style that is elegant, practical and also, never boring - thank goodness the endless beige and neutrals are no longer her only colours.

However, by no stretch of the imagination is the Versace dress elegant...

Last edited by a moderator:
I mean if any princess can wear it, it's Charlene. That said, I don't like it. Usually, designers send outfits to their front row attendees so it may not have been her choice!

She is the wife of a reining prince, mother of an heir and not the wife of a mud wrestler so it is more about her being elegant, chic and ladylike of which she is *not* in these outfits. There is a time and place to wear something like this and being someone in the public eye all the time , this is not the time. She looks trashy and cheap and not the elegant lady I have seen in the past. Again this is 2017 and time to dress for yr position in life not wearing a burka or being naked has nothing to do with it.

The grey suit is very professional and nice. It would look much better though if it was ironed, and perhaps a size smaller. She looks messy because of both.

Her hair looks better a big longer. And I love her trench :flowers:

This most recent look is bad. And no it has nothing to do with her showing skin. I certainly have no issue with more modern looks. I have no issue with the skin. And I certainly wouldn't call her a mud wrestler.

That said the design is ugly. And the Material looks cheap. :sad:

Neither of these two latest outfits are to my taste. I have never regarded Charlene as a "slave to fashion", but the latest appearance strikes me as something gimmicky and designed to draw attention- not the elegant Charlene I admire.

I see nothing tacky here, she is not nacked and you never saw strippers in your life ! and it is not fair to say that about the princess Charlene but here, on this forum, there are a lot of persons who are criticing Charlene since 2006, who don't love her and come very quickly to critic her
We are used to this

I don't read it as critique on *her* but on her clothing, that's not the same thing. For all we know she was asked to wear this outfit because she's on front-row and didn't have her say on it.

Actually styling wise overall (clothes and makeup) this outfit works better as a whole than the baggy outfit, and she certainly has the body for it. Wouldn't have chosen it myself for her, too tight and shiny, but i don't know what else people were wearing at the show so maybe it was quite fitting in that setting

I don't read it as critique on *her* but on her clothing, that's not the same thing. For all we know she was asked to wear this outfit because she's on front-row and didn't have her say on it.

Actually styling wise overall (clothes and makeup) this outfit works better as a whole than the baggy outfit, and she certainly has the body for it. Wouldn't have chosen it myself for her, too tight and shiny, but i don't know what else people were wearing at the show so maybe it was quite fitting in that setting

As you say, it isn't a criticism of her or her work - I don't like the dress and I think it's cheap looking but I think most Versace is cheap looking. I don't think it flatters her either.

The silver Versace dress was horrible,what on earth was she thinking and more suited to a dreadful celebrity and not for the wife of a reigning monarch.

Yes, lots of people like the look - I've seen quite a few admiring comments on various different sites.

Different strokes, different folks - life would be boring if we always agreed with each other.

Ain't it the truth. :flowers: She's become more edgy in her dress (goes with her hair that she wears so well). Designers like that.

I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit at all. The dress is much too "blingy" for me and I don't like the slits on the front.

I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit at all. The dress is much too "blingy" for me and I don't like the slits on the front.

I'm with you on that. :cool: Designers like someone in the public eye willing to wear those kinds of ensembles, but I honestly don't think they are attractive in the least.

Oh yes...now that is the Princess of Monaco look that I like to see. She is gorgeous!?

Last edited:
I like this a lot! And this is one of those times I'd like to see some impressive, bold modern gold earring rather than the excellent huge diamond studs. I hope she is wearing a great bracelet, too, but I doubt it.

I don't want to open a side discussion comparing other royals, but I do appreciate that Charlene changes her makeup look regularly. It's a subtlety that not many follow but is indeed part of fashion trends. So it's fun to see that bold red lip (that I love) receding for the fall season for Charlene. Even if I like the red lip better on her - I appreciate that she is changing things up.

And this is unabashedly off topic, but I loathe that cookie duster on the Hubby! Not that he cares what I think. ;)

Lovely. Beautiful gown, nice earrings and I love her hair like this, both colour and style.

I like this a lot! And this is one of those times I'd like to see some impressive, bold modern gold earring rather than the excellent huge diamond studs. I hope she is wearing a great bracelet, too, but I doubt it.

I don't want to open a side discussion comparing other royals, but I do appreciate that Charlene changes her makeup look regularly. It's a subtlety that not many follow but is indeed part of fashion trends. So it's fun to see that bold red lip (that I love) receding for the fall season for Charlene. Even if I like the red lip better on her - I appreciate that she is changing things up.

So we are all satisfied, because I dislike the red but love the neutral. ;)

And this is unabashedly off topic, but I loathe that cookie duster on the Hubby! Not that he cares what I think. ;)

100% with you on that, AdmirerUS! ? But if he's happy.....

Stunning gown. I actually thought she might have picked it up at the Armani show as it seemed too nice to be Versace but there you go. The midnight blue with the gold and silver embroidery is inspired and I hope she chooses something as good for the Princess Grace awards next month. Her shoes, hair, make-up and jewellery all worked perfectly as well. Charlene sometimes gets it terribly wrong but when she gets it right boy does she get it right and she's not a predictable dresser either which I like.

I really don't think it does her justice. It's a nice gown ..but nothing that great. Maybe if she had something on her shoulders or neck. It just looks incomplete or something.

LaRae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom