The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-26-2017, 01:53 AM
Majesty

The color is stunning. And I love the style on her, beautiful

But the material I don't know, not liking. It looks like some odd mix of sequin and leather in the lighting. Not sure which one it is. Not a fan of it.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:25 AM
Royal Highness

Gorgeous!

The neckline reminds me of her wedding dress.

Old 10-26-2017, 03:59 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Great style and colour, not liking the material at all, looks like rubber!
Old 10-26-2017, 07:47 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Nice colour and great earrings but the dress looks a bit plastic like so over all mixed feelings,has worn better in the past.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:01 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonmaiden23 View Post
That's been true occasionally since she had the twins, but there was a period of about 2-3 years when Charlene of Monaco had no fashion equal in Royal Europe.

[....]
I must have missed that period in which Charlène trumped of all other royal ladies in Europe.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:38 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm View Post
Gorgeous!

The neckline reminds me of her wedding dress.
She looks as stunning as I have ever seen her. I hardly noticed the material for the great color and style.

BRAVO CHARLENE!!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 10-26-2017, 02:35 PM
Majesty

Great color! Finally she's back to the more elegant side of things.

LaRae
Old 10-26-2017, 03:29 PM
Courtier

Oh! P Charlene looked amazing. A really lovely colour on her, simple style-I agree, the neckline does remind me of her wedding gown - and a perfect fit. I like the way her hair is styled too. P Albert must be proud as punch to have her by his side!
Old 10-26-2017, 09:18 PM
Heir Apparent

A little too skin tight for my taste. Plus OTT makeup makes her face look different.
No jewels to speak of, a miss in my book except for the hair.
Old 10-27-2017, 12:55 AM
Majesty

The dress is amazing and yes, I think the neckline has echoes of her wedding gown. Her hair and earrings are gorgeous but the "smokey eyes" look more like a racoon.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:32 AM
Nobility

The dress is actually called "Charlene" and is by Ralph Lauren. I think it may be called that because of the neckline?

Princess Charlene Wears Ralph Lauren to the Princess Grace Awards 2017 // The Royal Couturier
Old 10-27-2017, 01:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
The dress is actually called "Charlene" and is by Ralph Lauren. I think it may be called that because of the neckline?

Princess Charlene Wears Ralph Lauren to the Princess Grace Awards 2017 // The Royal Couturier
I like it a lot better now I know it's made of sequins and not some odd leather looking material. I thought it might be sequins after seeing photos of her on the stage at the awards ceremony because it looked quite sparkly then. The only mystery is why she isn't wearing Dior. I do like this dress but after sponsoring the event I don't think the people at Dior will be happy she didn't wear one of their gowns.
Old 10-27-2017, 01:49 PM
Courtier

Thanks RoyalCoutourier, for this info. The Princess always looks good in Ralph Lauren,!
Old 10-27-2017, 01:54 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
I like it a lot better now I know it's made of sequins and not some odd leather looking material. I thought it might be sequins after seeing photos of her on the stage at the awards ceremony because it looked quite sparkly then. The only mystery is why she isn't wearing Dior. I do like this dress but after sponsoring the event I don't think the people at Dior will be happy she didn't wear one of their gowns.
Dior Haute Couture sponsored the event for 3 years only. From 2014 to 2016. She wore a custom Dior Couture dress each of these years. Now that the deal is over, she's venturing out. I think she needed to wear another designer to show that the deal is over. She's worn Ralph Lauren to the awards in 2012 and 2013 (one of her best looks ever).

I'm honestly rather glad, Dior's new creative director, Maria Grazia Chiuri's style is way too casual and random for my taste!
Old 10-27-2017, 02:16 PM
Serene Highness

I love her hair and overall I like the makeup. The smokey eye is a little too smokey but the since her lips and cheeks are more subtle she pulls it off.

The colour of the dress is very nice but whatever material it's made of is weird looking. I agree with those who say it looks like rubber or plastic. Charlene has an amazing figure - slim but not too slim, athletic without looking hard - but even she is struggling to make the fit of the dress work. Plus it looks uncomfortable as hell.

Albert really needs to lose the facial hair.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Certainly striking, but I prefer a softer style , not keen on the eye make up.
Old 10-27-2017, 05:53 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
Dior Haute Couture sponsored the event for 3 years only. From 2014 to 2016. She wore a custom Dior Couture dress each of these years. Now that the deal is over, she's venturing out. I think she needed to wear another designer to show that the deal is over. She's worn Ralph Lauren to the awards in 2012 and 2013 (one of her best looks ever).

I'm honestly rather glad, Dior's new creative director, Maria Grazia Chiuri's style is way too casual and random for my taste!
But it shows Dior as the sponsor on the event boards they are standing in front of.
Old 10-27-2017, 06:41 PM
Serene Highness

I like the dress very much, both style and colour. I also like the hair (prefer it to the slicked look at the earlier event) and the smokey eye make up. I would prefer a slightly stronger lipstick as her lips look weird to me in this nude shade.

The previous outfit was OK but I really didn't like the slicked down hair style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sophie25 View Post
But it shows Dior as the sponsor on the event boards they are standing in front of.
That's because Dior are the major presenting sponsor...
Old 10-27-2017, 06:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Great style and colour, not liking the material at all, looks like rubber!
These are micro sequins - newish, and usually a mm to three across and they have a number of advantages.

Compared to the old, standard sequins:
-They don't catch on things as easily
-The patterning with them can be magnificent as they are small enough that you can do bi or tri color patterns that "read" different Dominant colors as a woman moves
-Or you can paint a pattern with them in a pointillist way
-They do deliver this sheen rather than sparkle. I enjoy the look. I also like large sequins, but this flashes less and has a place in cocktail/dinner dressing
-They are less likely to lift, bend and break, particularly when one sits or around the arms/waist, wearing them
-The fabric can be produced using computer based applications that let designers create patterns, sheens and effects
-The fabric is far more comfortable than standard sequin or standard beading is

I like this a lot. She has been letting different people do her makeup for these very public evening events, so the major eye does not surprise me. I also know, she will not make it a habit, so OK.
Old 10-28-2017, 10:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
That's because Dior are the major presenting sponsor...
So why are some people saying they are no longer the sponsor?