Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The jacket looks odd and too big for the Princess,maybe its one of Prince Alberts?

At least there's no knee high boots and sunglasses on her head.

Love the grey and the red cape [though some may say a little on the Red Riding Hood side] BUT .... all that said this girl continues to disappoint and I continue to wonder what she is doing with her fashion choices ... Some are gorgeous and others leave me wondering was she at the supermarket and just remembered she had to be elsewhere.... ??

I like her grey outfit, she is elegant as always and her choice of cloths at all the events are always good and georgious and it is never boring

The outfit seems very formal and business-like, but Charlene is 'on business' I guess so she gets a pass as the suit is still nice.

I like the grey suit and that last photo is a lovely shot of the interaction between Albert and Charlene.

I actually am starting to 'get it' with Charlene. :flowers: She's her own person, and likely Albert is 100% on board with her preferred style. I've decided I like what she's doing. It's very unique and totally out-of-the-box (for a royal), in no way predictable, but in a certain kind of way very similar to an Audrey-Hepburn-type out-of-the-box styling, which was as much 'structured' in the 1950's as Charlene's emergent style is now.

I'm kinda intrigued that Meghan and Harry spent New Year's with the Grimaldi's. Not sure Meghan could push the conservative royal-dress-code envelope in Britain to the extent that Charlene can in Monaco, but I am wondering. It will be fun to watch. :flowers:

hm... I am still undecided. Although she looks great in the pics, it is still not serene at all. Why sporty? Why not having photoshoots in evening dresses or business clothes or maybe a big cool casual jumper - but simply with more style??
Just a question
Bye Bine

I'm fine with her image being sporty, but this particular photoshoot feels... odd

It's like she's doing advertising for the sportswear. Maybe it's because of her poses, or the sheer amount of photos... I'm not entirely sure. Maybe it would've looked better if the photos are her actually exercising instead of posing using the equipments

well... given charlene was an olympic sportswoman in her own right, i don't see what's wrong about her posing in sporty clothes. it is unusual, yes, but monaco is different from other monarchies.

Posts that did not discuss the clothes Princess Charlene has worn, have been removed as off-topic. If you wish to discuss other aspects of the above mentioned photosession, please do so at this extra thread.

I don't mind the sporty look of these photos. As someone else said, the Monagesque princely family has always been a little different from other royal families. They've long been more likely to let loose in looks that are of-the-moment or suited to the occasion instead of always aspiring to look "timeless." For a princess who comes to them by way of being a very serious athlete and who has made sporting events and swimming lessons a mainstay of her current work, the occasional photo shoot in stylish workout gear seems on-message.

That said, I really don't like the fit of those tops. There's something about the way the mesh part flares out and splits up the side that looks clumsy to me. I also find it strange that she wore essentially the same top in two different colors rather than changing into an entirely different shirt.

Refreshing...quite like that look. Please let this trend continue!

LaRae

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 -

It's rare to see Charlene recycle and I wouldn't have expected her to do this for a state visit. I prefer the earlier outfit.

I'm going to correct myself having just looked at the current events thread and found out this isn't a state visit. Howevere, I still think it's rare for Charlene to recycle.

Last edited:
I really like this outfit, especially the little red that just livens it up.

She looks great - I like the outfit. Don't love her hair swept back like this.

Umm, I tried looking from different angles, but I still don't like the shoulder part.

A lovely choice for this occasion. I much prefer a less severe hairstyle.

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 -

Stunning she certainly has style. I would like her hair a little longer but I get that this her style

It is nice she wore a dress in honor of the country who is receiving her and her,husband

I like this dress who fits her very well, her hair are more long .

What a great choice for this event. I'm so glad Char is filling such a unique niche in Royal Dressing. I never find her over the top and love her mix of classic taste crossed with pushing boundaries.

Just the stud earrings? And did anyone catch the shoe?

I am not a fan of either of her culotte looks. The pants look awkward on her, to my eye. That dress is gorgeous though, and quite the diplomatically appropriate nod to their hosts.

I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit either. I want to like it, but it's not my personal cup of tea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom