The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-23-2017, 02:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Neither of these two latest outfits are to my taste. I have never regarded Charlene as a "slave to fashion", but the latest appearance strikes me as something gimmicky and designed to draw attention- not the elegant Charlene I admire.

Old 09-23-2017, 05:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by melina premiere View Post
I see nothing tacky here, she is not nacked and you never saw strippers in your life ! and it is not fair to say that about the princess Charlene but here, on this forum, there are a lot of persons who are criticing Charlene since 2006, who don't love her and come very quickly to critic her
We are used to this
I don't read it as critique on *her* but on her clothing, that's not the same thing. For all we know she was asked to wear this outfit because she's on front-row and didn't have her say on it.

Actually styling wise overall (clothes and makeup) this outfit works better as a whole than the baggy outfit, and she certainly has the body for it. Wouldn't have chosen it myself for her, too tight and shiny, but i don't know what else people were wearing at the show so maybe it was quite fitting in that setting

Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee-Z View Post
I don't read it as critique on *her* but on her clothing, that's not the same thing. For all we know she was asked to wear this outfit because she's on front-row and didn't have her say on it.

Actually styling wise overall (clothes and makeup) this outfit works better as a whole than the baggy outfit, and she certainly has the body for it. Wouldn't have chosen it myself for her, too tight and shiny, but i don't know what else people were wearing at the show so maybe it was quite fitting in that setting
As you say, it isn't a criticism of her or her work - I don't like the dress and I think it's cheap looking but I think most Versace is cheap looking. I don't think it flatters her either.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:04 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

The silver Versace dress was horrible,what on earth was she thinking and more suited to a dreadful celebrity and not for the wife of a reigning monarch.
Old 09-23-2017, 06:18 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kaia Gerber looks just like Cindy Crawford at Vogue Italia | Daily Mail Online
It seems "shiny" indeed seemed to be the keyword for the Versace show
Old 09-24-2017, 06:02 AM
Nobility

Vogue just published an article saying that Charlene was one of the best dressed at the Versace show!

Her jacket is actually from the mens collection
Princess Charlene Takes Milan by Storm // The Royal Couturier
Old 09-24-2017, 06:08 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRoyalCouturier View Post
Vogue just published an article saying that Charlene was one of the best dressed at the Versace show!

Her jacket is actually from the mens collection
Princess Charlene Takes Milan by Storm // The Royal Couturier
Yes, lots of people like the look - I've seen quite a few admiring comments on various different sites.

Different strokes, different folks - life would be boring if we always agreed with each other.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:12 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Florestane View Post
Yes, lots of people like the look - I've seen quite a few admiring comments on various different sites.

Different strokes, different folks - life would be boring if we always agreed with each other.
Ain't it the truth. She's become more edgy in her dress (goes with her hair that she wears so well). Designers like that.
Old 09-24-2017, 01:49 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit at all. The dress is much too "blingy" for me and I don't like the slits on the front.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-24-2017, 02:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
I'm not a fan of Charlene's latest outfit at all. The dress is much too "blingy" for me and I don't like the slits on the front.
I'm with you on that. Designers like someone in the public eye willing to wear those kinds of ensembles, but I honestly don't think they are attractive in the least.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:35 PM
Majesty

Princess Charlene tonight at the Monte-Carlo gala for the global ocean

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id855206120
http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...cae&m=dpkhepfi
Old 09-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Charlene tonight at the Monte-Carlo gala for the global ocean.
Beautiful! Love her hair in this picture. When there is some length it makes all the difference imo.
Old 09-28-2017, 03:59 PM
Majesty

Oh yes...now that is the Princess of Monaco look that I like to see. She is gorgeous!

"The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice". Martin Luther King Jr. 1929-1968
Old 09-28-2017, 04:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by eya View Post
Princess Charlene tonight at the Monte-Carlo gala for the global ocean

http://3.t.cdn.belga.be/belgaimage:1...cae&m=dpkhepfi
Now that's an awesome gown! great looking couple!
Old 09-28-2017, 06:12 PM
Heir Apparent

I like this a lot! And this is one of those times I'd like to see some impressive, bold modern gold earring rather than the excellent huge diamond studs. I hope she is wearing a great bracelet, too, but I doubt it.

I don't want to open a side discussion comparing other royals, but I do appreciate that Charlene changes her makeup look regularly. It's a subtlety that not many follow but is indeed part of fashion trends. So it's fun to see that bold red lip (that I love) receding for the fall season for Charlene. Even if I like the red lip better on her - I appreciate that she is changing things up.

And this is unabashedly off topic, but I loathe that cookie duster on the Hubby! Not that he cares what I think.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:05 PM
Serene Highness

Lovely. Beautiful gown, nice earrings and I love her hair like this, both colour and style.
Old 09-28-2017, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
I like this a lot! And this is one of those times I'd like to see some impressive, bold modern gold earring rather than the excellent huge diamond studs. I hope she is wearing a great bracelet, too, but I doubt it.

I don't want to open a side discussion comparing other royals, but I do appreciate that Charlene changes her makeup look regularly. It's a subtlety that not many follow but is indeed part of fashion trends. So it's fun to see that bold red lip (that I love) receding for the fall season for Charlene. Even if I like the red lip better on her - I appreciate that she is changing things up.
So we are all satisfied, because I dislike the red but love the neutral.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdmirerUS View Post
And this is unabashedly off topic, but I loathe that cookie duster on the Hubby! Not that he cares what I think.
100% with you on that, AdmirerUS! But if he's happy.....
Old 09-29-2017, 01:05 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

we all know Charlene can rock the princess of monaco look, as she does here
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/...6626004388.jpg

she could have added a necklace but that's nitpicking.

Albert: the moustache has to go!
Old 09-30-2017, 12:19 AM
Royal Highness

That skirt...

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene at the ‘Monte-Carlo Gala For The Global Ocean’ event

The first picture shows an angle of the dress we didn’t see earlier.

Abraham Lincoln
Old 09-30-2017, 01:12 AM
Nobility

Charlene's gown is Atelier Versace. the same that did that silver dress!

Princess Charlene Wears Atelier Versace to the Monte-Carlo Gala For The Global Ocean // The Royal Couturier