Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 15: February 2017 - January 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it a lot better now I know it's made of sequins and not some odd leather looking material. I thought it might be sequins after seeing photos of her on the stage at the awards ceremony because it looked quite sparkly then. The only mystery is why she isn't wearing Dior. I do like this dress but after sponsoring the event I don't think the people at Dior will be happy she didn't wear one of their gowns.

Dior Haute Couture sponsored the event for 3 years only. From 2014 to 2016. She wore a custom Dior Couture dress each of these years. Now that the deal is over, she's venturing out. I think she needed to wear another designer to show that the deal is over. She's worn Ralph Lauren to the awards in 2012 and 2013 (one of her best looks ever).

I'm honestly rather glad, Dior's new creative director, Maria Grazia Chiuri's style is way too casual and random for my taste!

I love her hair and overall I like the makeup. The smokey eye is a little too smokey but the since her lips and cheeks are more subtle she pulls it off.

The colour of the dress is very nice but whatever material it's made of is weird looking. I agree with those who say it looks like rubber or plastic. Charlene has an amazing figure - slim but not too slim, athletic without looking hard - but even she is struggling to make the fit of the dress work. Plus it looks uncomfortable as hell.

Albert really needs to lose the facial hair.

Certainly striking, but I prefer a softer style , not keen on the eye make up.

Dior Haute Couture sponsored the event for 3 years only. From 2014 to 2016. She wore a custom Dior Couture dress each of these years. Now that the deal is over, she's venturing out. I think she needed to wear another designer to show that the deal is over. She's worn Ralph Lauren to the awards in 2012 and 2013 (one of her best looks ever).

I'm honestly rather glad, Dior's new creative director, Maria Grazia Chiuri's style is way too casual and random for my taste!

But it shows Dior as the sponsor on the event boards they are standing in front of.

I like the dress very much, both style and colour. I also like the hair (prefer it to the slicked look at the earlier event) and the smokey eye make up. I would prefer a slightly stronger lipstick as her lips look weird to me in this nude shade.

The previous outfit was OK but I really didn't like the slicked down hair style.

But it shows Dior as the sponsor on the event boards they are standing in front of.
That's because Dior are the major presenting sponsor...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great style and colour, not liking the material at all, looks like rubber!

These are micro sequins - newish, and usually a mm to three across and they have a number of advantages.

Compared to the old, standard sequins:
-They don't catch on things as easily
-The patterning with them can be magnificent as they are small enough that you can do bi or tri color patterns that "read" different Dominant colors as a woman moves
-Or you can paint a pattern with them in a pointillist way
-They do deliver this sheen rather than sparkle. I enjoy the look. I also like large sequins, but this flashes less and has a place in cocktail/dinner dressing
-They are less likely to lift, bend and break, particularly when one sits or around the arms/waist, wearing them
-The fabric can be produced using computer based applications that let designers create patterns, sheens and effects
-The fabric is far more comfortable than standard sequin or standard beading is

I like this a lot. She has been letting different people do her makeup for these very public evening events, so the major eye does not surprise me. I also know, she will not make it a habit, so OK.

Princess Charlene in a red shirt of her foundation and white pants at a meeting with the Governor of the State of Hawaii on Hawaii on October 27:

** Full view ** Upper part **

Princess Charlene looking great in black at the Outward Bound charity dinner at the Princely Palace on November 7:

** Full view **

Finally back to elegant and classy!

LaRae

Her best look in quite awhile return to more a more elegant and less celebrity look on the Princess.

Charlene looks gorgeous! And of course, her outfit is complete with her best accessories, little Jacques and Gabriella ?

Elegantly understated. Just my cup of tea!

Interesting dress, looks,like,the shoulders are tie ups.(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not so sure about her trousers, but Charlene's cape improves them. She looks nice and elegant.

Very elegant and sleek look - like the contrast of black with her blonde hair and red lips and nails.

Striking and very lovely

I love the black pantsuit on Charlene, she has the body type to pull off such a "look". The cape is definitely the cherry on top, looking elegant and yet allowing her a lot of movement without it looking bulky.

I am also impressed with her makeup and the beautiful rosy red lipstick and matching nails add a pop of colour. I really admire her ability to suit her jewellery to the occasion and in this case, we have her tiny gold cross and diamond studs and wedding rings.

She looks great. The cape though was the needed touch, to take a basic outfit up a notch :flowers:

Her makeup and simple jewelry were the right touch.

So why are some people saying they are no longer the sponsor?

Partnership is different than sponsorship. Dior Couture was the partner (a higher profile form of partnership basically) for the past three years. I believe a part of the agreement was that the princess wears their designs. Now that this deal is over, I think Charlene wanted to venture out.

As always surgery speculations have been removed according to the TRF rules. Thank you for your understanding!

She looks stunning. The blue is gorgeous - seems to match the uniform for the Carabinier colonel - I wonder if it's her nod to their bicentenary?

Her hat is great at that jaunty angle and the make up is perfect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom