Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually love everything she wears but not liking her latest look. Hair much too short make up too strong and I'm not a fan of the oversized coats. Hope she gets back on track soon.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I like the navy outfit as it is very appropriate and stylish for the occasion. I don't understand why she wears fabric gloves instead of leather which look soo much richer.
I love this entire ensemble. The navy colour really suits her and I love her take on fashion. The coat is gorgeously gored and ultra feminine but the neckline owes more to fashion than sense, Charlene's remedy is both elegant and practical.

The boots are very elegant and look to be suede as do her matching gloves. The ultra-short hairstyle frames her gamine look so well and the lipstick makes a wonderful statement.

I love her hair I think it looks good on her. It is also easier to manage than long hair.

I found it interesting to see how the bulkiness of the scarf in each outfit alters her apparent proportions across the shoulders. Looks better-balanced in my opinion :flowers:

I go back and forth on HSH's haircut, but the cut and tailoring of that navy/black coat almost makes me faint with pleasure. It is simply gorgeous...perfect!:)

:previous: I am totally on board with Charlene's gamine hairstyle. It is uniquely her and suits her very fine features. But the coat . . . gorgeous, perfect, I love it. Actually, there is nothing I don't like about this ensemble. Charlene is definitely her own woman when it comes to style.

I think gamine suits Charlene too, but something rubs me wrong about the back of her head....it looks almost flat as a board. Too severe or something.:sad:

But from the front it's great!

I think gamine suits Charlene too, but something rubs me wrong about the back of her head....it looks almost flat as a board. Too severe or something.:sad:

But from the front it's great!

My thoughts too. It's much too short at back

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

.Princess Charlene elegant in black at the second part of the Saint Devote celebrations today, January 27: Full view ** Upper part

This could be a photo-shoot direct from a fashion magazine. As such, it has it's chic, but something about it is not appealing overall on a personal level. :sad: Feels very stand-offish. Unusual.

While it's her choice, I do agree that the longer length in hair, still short, but more soft, was far more appealing and 'accessible'. It's almost like she's a different person these days since the birth of the twins. Interesting impression created imo. I hope it's a phase. :flowers:

Last edited:
I do so agree with you, Lady Nimue! It is just too severe, cold, not feminine at all. Add the harsh bright lipstick to the mix and you have an unapproachable looking princess. She is a stunner! However, I preferred the softer version of Charlene.

:previous: Yes. Very self-effacing. Too intense even. Why the change?

i was thinking the same, i wish she would return to her longer hair which looked more feminine. this length just looks too masculine.

like this:
http://us.hellomagazine.com/imagene...talks-wedding-babies/0-69-237/charlene--z.jpg
http://media2.popsugar-assets.com/f...7333631.xxxlarge/i/Who-Charlene-Wittstock.jpg

These pictures say it all. Why, I wonder, the change to such a severe look? It is puzzling imo. :sad:

Like I say, it's her choice, but I do miss the 'old' Charlene.

Last edited:

Princess Charlene elegant in black at the second part of the Saint Devote celebrations today, January 27:

** Full view ** Side view coat ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 **

I do so agree with you, Lady Nimue! It is just too severe, cold, not feminine at all. Add the harsh bright lipstick to the mix and you have an unapproachable looking princess. She is a stunner! However, I preferred the softer version of Charlene.
Wow that's a little harsh, one haircut does not make a lovely but reserved Charlene severe or cold, and to say it has rendered her unfeminine and unapproachable is a total nonsense, especially when you consider they select three or four photographs out of several hundred to highlight the point they wish to make in their articles.

Last edited:
Wow that's a little harsh, one haircut does not make a lovely but reserved Charlene severe or cold, and to say it has rendered her unfeminine and unapproachable is a total nonsense, especially when you consider they select three or four photographs out of several hundred to highlight the point they wish to make in their articles.

I don't think this applies in this case. It's the overall fashion look being critiqued and is the same whatever photo was chosen. In fact, I think they chose the most flattering images from a certain perspective. :flowers:

Not sure why you are quick to discount the view, MARG. :flowers: It's a valid one, not nonsense (you may take your push-back farther than the original comments positioned). Charlene has significantly changed her 'look', and the severity of the haircut is part of that change. It's an interesting transformation that creates an impression that for some is not 'soft and feminine'. It's a valid point. In person I am sure she is her usual warm and availing self. :flowers:

Thank you so much, Lady Nimue! You were able to say what I meant waay better than I could ever hope to. You have a special way with words that I can only dream of!

Charlene's outfit is amazing and she looks gorgeous, though I'm not a fan of her new style. It's a little too short and boyish for my taste.

. . . . . Not sure why you are quick to discount the view, MARG. :flowers: It's a valid one, not nonsense (you may take your push-back farther than the original comments positioned). Charlene has significantly changed her 'look', and the severity of the haircut is part of that change. It's an interesting transformation that creates an impression that for some is not 'soft and feminine'. It's a valid point. In person I am sure she is her usual warm and availing self. :flowers:
I am at a loss and cannot understand how someone who, while not being the most gregarious or charismatic Princess on the block but is nevertheless quite serene, can be accused of looking cold, severe and unapproachable. Those statements are not fashion attributes but rather personality traits and so I find myself somewhat at a loss to see them used on a fashion thread.

Now if someone said the cut of the coat was too severe or the colour too cold to suit Charlene, that would be a fashion opinion.

Last edited:
Thank you so much, Lady Nimue! You were able to say what I meant waay better than I could ever hope to. You have a special way with words that I can only dream of!

You are incredibly kind, udyssa. :blush: Thank you!

I am at a cannot understand how someone who, while not being the most gregarious or charismatic Princess on the block but is nevertheless quite serene, can be accused of looking cold, severe and unapproachable. Those statements are not fashion attributes but rather personality traits and so I find myself somewhat at a loss to see them used on a fashion thread.

Now if someone said the cut of the coat was too severe or the colour too cold to suit Charlene, that would be a fashion opinion.

It appears that you have mis-read what was said but you actually haven't, to go by your own words (since you do use the word 'looking' as in 'appearing'). Might it be that you object to the words used on general principle? :bb:

No one (not me, anyway, or udyusa) 'accused' her of being 'cold, severe and unapproachable', but that her recent fashion choices, coupled with her new 'severe' haircut (someone just used the adjective 'boyish'), creates a 'look' that (for some people) makes her appear unapproachable. (Note the nuance). She looks like a magazine fashion layout, which strives for that 'lofty unattainable' image of the 'cold, cool goddess'. Matter of taste.

You express democratic views concerning allowing opinions to be stated freely. I hope the above helps. :flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: You are correct, I did use the word "looking" however, you did not, going even further and commenting:
Lady Nimue said:
This could be a photo-shoot direct from a fashion magazine. As such, it has it's chic, but something about it is not appealing overall on a personal level. Feels very stand-offish. Unusual.
Lady Nimue said:
It's almost like she's a different person these days since the birth of the twins.
My push back relates to the attributing of personal traits as evidenced by a personal style of hair and clothes. It is unnecessary to become belligerent because I did not agree with you or udyusa in your views of Charlene's perceived personality change. This is a democratic forum and I queried the terms you both used to attribute personality traits to Charlene, evidencing her hair cut, clothes and perceived mien on a fashion and style thread.

Lady Nimue said:
Might it be that you object to the words used on general principle? :bb:
You have me there! I have no idea of the point you are trying to make except that extrapolated from the use of that particular smiley.

You are correct, I did use the word "looking" however, you did not, going even further and commenting: My push back relates to the attributing of personal traits as evidenced by a personal style of hair and clothes.

Methinks you just want to be right. :cool: I tried to show you that your interpretation might be off but you are sticking to your original interpretation. So be it! :wave: To each his own.

It is unnecessary to become belligerent because I did not agree with you or udyusa in your views of Charlene's perceived personality change.

I didn't. What? :ermm: I merely tried to explain to you that you had misunderstood. That's my attempt to be kindly and helpful on Valentines Day. :flowers:

This is a democratic forum

As you often say, so I assume you follow the same and don't bother people for expressing their views. :flowers:

I queried the terms you both used to attribute personality traits to Charlene, evidencing her hair cut, clothes and perceived mien on a fashion and style thread.

Well, that's how you have interpreted the text and no amount of re-explaining (I think) will budge you from your initial impressions, so how about we leave it at that without any additional personal comments directed at me or udyusa? Sound fair? Methinks so. :flowers:

You have me there! I have no idea of the point you are trying to make except that extrapolated from the use of that particular smiley.

My point was that you seem to object to the use of the words used in connection with Charlene though they were words never used to describe her personally as you insist they were. You seem keen to stay-put in your initial upset so I leave you to it. :sad:

Anyway, I am done here. This is a very strange 'objection' (conversation). :blink:

Charlene in grey and blue visiting a refugee camp in Italy on February 18:

** Full view **

I'm not a fan of Charlene's jumper and skirt together but individually they are very nice. Overall though, she looks sophisticated and elegant. My favourite part of her look is her lovely coat.

:previous: I have to agree about the colour of the jumper. It is a little too dark a shade of grey to put with a lighter shaded grey coat. That being said, I absolutely love the shade of the blue skirt and shoes and the cut of the coat is gorgeous. Flared or gored skirts on coats are very feminine and this really flatters Charlene by giving her a softer silhouette.

The shade of blue is very vibrant and pretty matched with the grey. She looks good!

Lovely. But inappropriate for a visit to refugees camp. A simple pair of trousers with low profile shoes and a coat would fit better.

Totally agree with MARG here. Love the vibrant blues in the skirt and shoes but not with the jumper. Love the softness of the coat. Very flattering look on Charlene.

I love the coat - the tailoring is great.

I don't see anything inappropriate about it. She looks smart and it's simple and not ostentatious - it's the female equivalent of what the men in suits are wearing.

lovely lovely lovely! like always!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom