Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 14: July 2016 - February 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Welcome to Part 14 of the thread for Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style!

You can find the old thread here:

** Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 13: November 2015 - July 2016 **

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs!

· Only pictures you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
· We expect our members to treat each other and the royals and persons in these threads with respect.
· Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.
· Off topic and empty posts will be deleted without notice.
· Please be careful not to write in capital letters.

:flowers: Happy Posting! :flowers:

There were 82 people killed in a terrorist attentat , it is a tragedy in our country , the princely couple attended to the mass in tribute to the victimes and it is a great gesture, a great gesture that the De Massy did it, not all the members of the family did it.

Since 1963, Vatican II, all has change in the catholic religious, the dress code, the rythes, before the women wore always something on their head and their shoulders, the queens met the pope with big mantillas black for no catholic and white for catholic, they wore big dresses and tiaras, the kings wore the uniform and the pope , now, the queen Letizia met the pope woring a little tailor and witout something on the head, Charlene meeting the pope with the white mantillas looked like a old fashion princess of the former times.
The pope himself is no more wearing the red coat of the popes and some persons here are more royal than the king as it is said in my country.

My father is dead in august, it was very hot and I wore the same dress to the funeral of my daddy, the father who did the mass said me surprised when I said him that I did not know what to wear ' wear what you want, the funeral of your father is not a show, the most important are your prayers for your father'

Photos of Jackie Kennedy with her husban and her children going to the mass with her children, it was around 1962 , she was wearing a mantillas on the head , she had covered shoulders but without sleeves. at that times, going to the mass with a dress without sleeves but with covered shoulders was allowed.now we can go to the mass without something on the head
I don't understand why Charlene is criticed, the dresses without sleeves were always allowed. Charlene did no mistake

JFK de A à Z par Jackie Kennedy

Last edited by a moderator:
Well said, melina p. Most important is that the couple showed their sympathy and respect for all touched by the events. The dress she wore and whether her shoulders were covered is of less importance. But I do respect the sentiments of older posters who are used to something different.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community

Princess Charlene at the Leonardo DiCaprio Foundation Gala in Saint Tropez on July 20:

** Pic ** source **

She would look even in a potato sack, but that strange ribbon on her torso looks like a weird giant napkin.

It looks like her dress has become attached to a folded napkin! Otherwise a lovely look and great to see her out and about.
Not long until the Red Cross Ball ?

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Charlene has to be one of the best exponents of "less is more", proving you don't need a plunging neckline or thigh high slit in the skirt to look drop dead gorgeous.

Well said, Marg. Really "drop dead gorgeous". One of my friends uses this phrase a lot. But, it does apply to Princess Charlene!

Gorgeous, and actually quite classic design. Also, I like the way her short hair is styled to look as though she has long hair swept into a chignon.

Last edited:
Re. the lack of sleeves to church - I was quite surprised - I've just been to at least 4 different churches in Italy in the last week and women (of all ages) were expected to have at least a short sleeve or wear a shawl to cover the shoulders. I didn't realise it was just an older person thing. Anyway, sleeves or no sleeves, I thought the dress was lovely, simple and elegant and low-key for a sombre occasion.

Not keen on the Leonardo DiCaprio event dress or the hair. I saw a picture on Facebook where she was all in red, accepting the patronage of the SA Red Cross - I thought she looked amazing, love it when she wears bright colours.

Stunning dress she looks amazing

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Three great looks :flowers:

1. Leo- I really like the look. Stunning without being overtly sexual.

2. I love the vivid red color and simplistic style of the day look.

3. Her ball gown the shoulders I am not sure on. But the color, detail of the fabric and rest of the cut is stunning. So are her accessories.

Charlene's ball gown is absolutely stunning. The style and colours look magical on her. Her makeup, hair and jewellery complete the elegant ensemble.

She looks amazing - the dress is just beautiful and I love the earrings. One of her best looks...

Absolute goddess. This is a stunning look -- pure perfection, from head to toe. Love. ?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 14: July 2016 -

What a fabulous dress for the gala , beautiful fabric for a summer event and perfectly judged jewellery with the simple cross and the lovely earrings. (Even the orange flowers form a lovely contrast to the colour of the dress). I am glad she didn't choose black although I imagine some may think otherwise. IMO there's respect being paid with the various alterations to the occasion such as the decision to cancel dancing and fireworks. By going ahead and deciding to hold this summer gala , had the royal couple worn black , it would have jarred. Rather, there is a welcome freshness and a much needed defiant message of not giving in to those who seek to destroy the fabric of our society.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ince-Albert-annual-Red-Cross-gala-Monaco.html
(..)

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely stunning!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Princess Charlene's Fashion and Style Part 14: July 2016 -

I agree with your comments, Elly C. The flowers she is holding are the traditional pin cushion from South Africa. It only grows in the Western Cape and is family of the protea, the national flower.

. I like the pastel colours of the gown on her, also the somewhat different style of the gown. She has also been wearing a lot more beautiful pieces of jewellery lately. As usual she looks just stunning. She is easily THE most elegant and stylish Princess of Europe.

Charlene's ball gown is absolutely stunning. The style and colours look magical on her. Her makeup, hair and jewellery complete the elegant ensemble.

I agree, it looks gorgeous on her; also, it reminds me a bit of water, especially in the upper part which imo suits her really well :flowers:

Looking at her lovely gown again, I'm thinking I'd love to see the back of detail of it.

This is in the running for dress of the year for me. It's wonderfully designed, the fabric is perfectly chosen, the accessories are regal-modern-princess and Charlene looks great in it. And her hair is beautiful, tonight. :flowers: :clap::notworthy:

I love the colours of the Red Cross Ball dress - its very unusual for Charlene and i really like it. Only bit i would change would be the top part - i would prefer a plainer cut

P Charlene is stunning, I would like to know who is the designer Monaco Matin said that it was Armani and I read elsewhere that it was Valentino.

I like her hearings, they are fabulous, she already wore there but I don't remember when.

For her person who said that she knew nothing about the fashion 10 years ago, I found that Charlene is one of the most elegant princess of the gotha, It is a pity she never wore a tiara

I agree, it looks gorgeous on her; also, it reminds me a bit of water, especially in the upper part which imo suits her really well :flowers:

What a lovely way to describe it - I know exactly what you mean. I imagine the effect on the skirt of the dress would be enhanced as she moved. I wonder if there will be some footage available. Somehow I think not as they are deliberately playing down the event.

A stunning gown. It's fairytale like to me.

Charlene was pure perfection yesterday! Tha stunning lilac gown is one of the best she has worn so far for the Red Cross gala!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom