Princess Caroline's Fashion & Style, Part 4: May 2015 - November 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Gorgeous Hair,Make up and then the Monégasque horror story of the gown/dress or what ever category it falls into :eek::eek::eek:

Runway look? Sorry id call it a run away look....run fast and far away :ermm:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::lol: lol , lately i don't understand what happened to chanel i read a pit and watched couple of movies about gabrielle chanel and how she was revolutionary by designing wearable clothes that flatter women's figures but now her brand is the opposite of that and sadly lately princess caroline has been karl lagerfeld's guinea pig.

Gorgeous Hair,Make up and then the Monégasque horror story of the gown/dress or what ever category it falls into :eek::eek::eek:[/Q

I wonder if she is obliged to wear whatever KArl Langerfeld gives her.

Gorgeous Hair,Make up and then the Monégasque horror story of the gown/dress or what ever category it falls into :eek::eek::eek:[/Q

I wonder if she is obliged to wear whatever KArl Langerfeld gives her.

Yeah I'm beginning to think that too ,this outfit looks like its a left over outfit from the Monte Carlo International Circus Festival ,one of the worst ever.

I find this dress a waste of time, fabric, energy and I can continue :ermm:
Caroline does not need this kind of attention at all I do not know why Karl does not respect that if he is her friend. Well I guess this is about the brand etc.

I hate when men make dresses for women in this way, my very personal opinion of course.
Too excessive for a person who does not need to show herself as that.

Last edited:
Caroline does love to push the fashion envelope, and has a great sense of humor about it. I like this look, in that spirit. Cannot imagine anyone else in the universe pulling that off, though. And may I say, her makeup, hair, face and demeanor are amazing.

I like the top part, but i feel the ruffles-especially around the sleeves are a bit much

Caroline doesn't dress like this on other occasions - I think she treats the occasion almost like a Fancy Dress party and has fun going to town with the theme. I don't think she's under Karl Lagerfeld's "malign influence" - if she didn't want to wear it she wouldn't. I'm sure she had input as well given their very close friendship.

So I don't think it's a dress for any other occasion but I think for this night it works and she has fun with it. Interesting to see if it can be repurposed in any way.

I hope there wasn't soup with those sleeves, more for the people sitting on either side of her...

Princess Caroline looked absolutely cute & wonderful. :flowers: The dress fit the theme, and she's at an age that she can do whatever the he(double ll) she wants, especially as she's always had the confidence. Confidence in & of itself is a glorious thing to see, like a moth to a flame...

They made an exact replica but with more patterns and fluff, an excellent idea.

It looks like an overdone bed spread too much going on its a mess.

The overkill fits with the theme of the Wiener Secession, the pattern of the top of the dress reminds of the pattern used for this program book: picture

The flower motifs on the skirt reminds of the building of the Seccession in Vienna: picture.

So The Princess of Hannover remained wonderfully close to the theme of the event, which was displayed behind her anyway: picture

It's plain ugly, even when considering the motto/fancy dress theme.

I am sure Caroline would never have dressed that way if the sponsor wasn't Lagerfeld but a no-name designer.

I am sure Caroline would never have dressed that way if the sponsor wasn't Lagerfeld but a no-name designer.

No one can say that. For the same money Princess Caroline simply loves the designs made by Monsieur Karl. Who knows. After all the Princess could have switched to any other designer if she would like to do (and sometimes she does indeed).

I disagree - Caroline is no pushover. If she didn't want to wear something she wouldn't. I'm also guessing that she had some say in the design given both her closeness to Karl Lagerfeld and involvement in the organisation of the Ball.

She has worn other designers, some of them not huge names although she is faithful to Chanel in recent years for this event.

I really like the out fit .... it's caroline , she can get away with a lot of different out fits

Actually I like the gown it's all the extras that really trouble the look IMO the choker the long bead things the earrings my lord the gown needs nothing it is stand alone piece IMO

The dress fit's the theme and it's one of those dresses you can wear to such an event. The color combination is nice but the dresses overall isn't of my taste and even thought it's part of the theme, it doesn't flatter Caroline at all.

Caroline is once again demonstrating you can have fun with fashion. I admire her approach and her love of dressing up for this special ball.

Princess Caroline at the Rose Ball today, March 18:

** Full view ** Upper part ** Upper part 2 ** Upper part 3 **

Uhm... i'm not sure about the overall dress... I can live with all those ruffles, it's the upper part that bothers me... It's just too much information... plus the choker ( wich i think ages her ), plus the earrings... Uhm... :ermm: :whistling: But i agree: it goes with the ball theme and once again put out P. Caroline sense of humour!!!

Last edited:
This reminds me of the olde Madonna tour with the black and white HOLIDAY costumes. Except as a dress with references to Monacan graphics. It is even flattering on her. And parts of it are HUGE.

But, the dog collar is what throws it over the edge for me. Not flattering, not breaking fashion. I like the earrings and think a narrower choker would have been fine and on trend. Instead, that buckle looks dangerous and I wonder what her under chin looks like today.

Silly fashion is just silly fashion, even if you are a princess.

To be fair - I liked the graphics - just not mixed all together or with all those ruffles. One or the other, not both. I liked the pink ribbon - just in a different place for a lady of this age/body/dress.

I know Karl means well and he probably delivered what he was asked for. I think they both were pushing fashion boundaries. But it looks silly. JMO.

But, the dog collar is what throws it over the edge for me. Not flattering, not breaking fashion. I like the earrings and think a narrower choker would have been fine and on trend. Instead, that buckle looks dangerous and I wonder what her under chin looks like today.

To be fair - I liked the graphics - just not mixed all together or with all those ruffles. One or the other, not both. I liked the pink ribbon - just in a different place for a lady of this age/body/dress.

I know Karl means well and he probably delivered what he was asked for. I think they both were pushing fashion boundaries. But it looks silly. JMO.

I understand what you're saying but the collar and buckle thing is just as high on the original dress worn by Emilie Floege - so I don't think it was an attempt to be groundbreaking in fashion terms.

Personally, I love it but I totally get why some people hate it - it's definitely not a dress that invites indifference! ?

Agree.
Too frivolous for these times we are facing in my very personal view of course. Pple used to like Caroline cos in a way she did seem relatable, she was the first lady but also the mother, the wife, the daughter, the sister, the widow... but please not the clown in her very far far away privileged court.

Sometimes Kart lost the plot the same as Gucci and the same as fashion in general overall for the context. I find Charlotte perfect in comparison.

I think I would have liked it more without the bottom part... If that had been “simpeler” it wouldn’t be so.. Much I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom